Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 : Stuart Bingham v John Higgins

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Bingham is a big favourite in this match. He's a top 5 player at the moment, Higgins is nowhere near his standard these last couple of months. Also John very often crashes out of the Masters in the first round.

Despite winning it 2 times and 2 other runner-up performances, you're right, he has lots of first round defeats at the Masters, and unless we see an inspired performance from him, I can't see that changing here.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Bingham is a big favourite in this match. He's a top 5 player at the moment, Higgins is nowhere near his standard these last couple of months. Also John very often crashes out of the Masters in the first round.

John seems to have a mental block at The Masters. I remember seeing him in an interview when the tournament first moved to Ally Pally. John claimed he was never a big fan of the Wembley venue, so hope the move would help him do better in the tournament.

Crazy though it sounds though, the more you lose the first round of a particular tournament, the less likely it becomes you'll have a decent run. If it plays on your mind every time you arrive at a tournament that you're going to struggle, then you probably will. It's nothing to do with the tournament itself, but from Higgins own confidence at the event.

It doesn't help that his form in the last season or so has been shocking. (By his own high standards.)

Postby Andre147

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:been awhile since i was able tosit down and enjoy a higgins match from the start. well i say enjoy........

As a Higgins fan, you think he can beat Bingo here?

For me only an inspired performance from John will see him through, Bingo has been playing great since since the CoC and rises on the big occasion.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Snooker time. Hope it's another close one.

For me it all depends on Higgins... because I don't expect Bingo to play badly.

Who would have thought Higgins would be 2nd favourite here 2 or 3 years ago huh....

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:been awhile since i was able tosit down and enjoy a higgins match from the start. well i say enjoy........

As a Higgins fan, you think he can beat Bingo here?

For me only an inspired performance from John will see him through, Bingo has been playing great since since the CoC and rises on the big occasion.

the thing with john is, hes capable of beating anyone when hes in form. however ballrun is defo on form and a lot more consistant. i expect a bingo win tonite.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:I'm back, baby! :happy:

How much did you enjoy being at the arena SF? A great opening match that was wasn't it? At 4 nil nobody would have predicted a 6-5 result, but it did happen. Credit for mavis for coming back from 5-2 down, but in the end his safety let him down.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm back, baby! :happy:

How much did you enjoy being at the arena SF? A great opening match that was wasn't it? At 4 nil nobody would have predicted a 6-5 result, but it did happen. Credit for mavis for coming back from 5-2 down, but in the end his safety let him down.

I'm not going to lie to you, the Ally Pally is one of my least favourite venues to visit. But living on the other side of London, I can't not go.

Good opening match though. :D At 4-0, I said to my mate; "We'll easily be hone for the start of Higgins." But Mark seemed determined to throw it away.

One of my tweets is mentioned in the Programme for the event also. :D

Postby Andre147

2 or 3 years ago Higgins would never lose a frame like this.

it must be so annoying as a Higgins fan to watch him play like this in recent times... he just isn't the player that managed to win frames like this with his eyes closed.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Andre147 PGC wrote:2 or 3 years ago Higgins would never lose a frame like this.

it must be so annoying as a Higgins fan to watch him play like this in recent times... he just isn't the player that managed to win frames like this with his eyes closed.

its sad to see for sure but hes had bad times before.