75%
Bad idea
No votes
Don't really care
25%

Total votes : 4

A New Gimmick Prediction Contest

Postby Skullman

As you may or may not know, I'll be running a the German Masters predicts contest in a few weeks time and thought that it'd be a good place in the calendar to try a more gimmicky contest.

The general idea of the contest is to reward correct scoreline predictions very heavily, i.e 5pts for a correct scoreline, and only 1pt or mayeb even 0pt for getting the right winner.

So, what do you guys think? Answer the poll above and let me know.

PS Putting this up early so I have plenty of time to come up with a traditional contest if you guys don't like it and so you can be a bit more leisurely answering the poll.

Re: A New Gimmick Prediction Contest

Postby Andre147

A good idea Skull, but 0 points for picking a correct winner of a match is a bit harsh as it isn't always that easy to even predict the winner in some matches, especially in the latter stages. So I think 1 point for picking correct winner is about right, 5 points for correct scoreline as you said.

Oh and you could also put in the contest one thing that sadly has been missing for a while: for us to predict if there will be a 147, which player makes one or alternatively which player makes the highest break of the tournament. That would be a nice addition I think, plus if we got that right it would mean massive bonus points.

Re: A New Gimmick Prediction Contest

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:A good idea Skull, but 0 points for picking a correct winner of a match is a bit harsh as it isn't always that easy to even predict the winner in some matches, especially in the latter stages. So I think 1 point for picking correct winner is about right, 5 points for correct scoreline as you said.

Oh and you could also put in the contest one thing that sadly has been missing for a while: for us to predict if there will be a 147, which player makes one or alternatively which player makes the highest break of the tournament. That would be a nice addition I think, plus if we got that right it would mean massive bonus points.

personally i find trying to predict a 147 a bit naff and not about trying to predict form look at Smurph yesterday his form has been crap and hes made a max.