Post a reply

Re: SELBY talks

Postby Wildey

you got to admit selby does talk bullocks sometime "entering the arena dressed as a jester" thats not jazzing up snooker thats making it vomit sport and tacky.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:you got to admit selby does talk bullocks sometime "entering the arena dressed as a jester" thats not jazzing up snooker thats making it vomit sport and tacky.

I think he is the sort to do whatever ...... if BH says players play in bermuda shorts he will think "yeah great"..... if Bh says lets have best of 3 format world champs - lets hope he is not a puppet on a string...... :roll:

Postby Eirebilly

I am astounded by Selby's comments. There is showing the new boss your willingness but this is ridiculous, i really expected more from him.

That said, he is known as the "Jester from Leicester" so maybe he is taking the michael. At any rate i do hope he does well at the Worlds.

Postby Wildey

eirebilly wrote:I am astounded by Selby's comments. There is showing the new boss your willingness but this is ridiculous, i really expected more from him.

That said, he is known as the "Jester from Leicester" so maybe he is taking the michael. At any rate i do hope he does well at the Worlds.

im not a fan of gimmicks what hendry sais is spot on if we rely on gimmicks then were in trouble.

i think, no i know, the sport will servive without that....after years of neglect and missmanagement instead of being put to grass and burried someone like barry hearn still interested that sais a lot about the staying power of snooker on the table.

Postby The Cueist

wildJONESEYE wrote:
eirebilly wrote:I am astounded by Selby's comments. There is showing the new boss your willingness but this is ridiculous, i really expected more from him.

im not a fan of gimmicks what hendry sais is spot on if we rely on gimmicks then were in trouble.

i think, no i know, the sport will servive without that....after years of neglect and missmanagement instead of being put to grass and burried someone like barry hearn still interested that sais a lot about the staying power of snooker on the table.

Snooker has always been a marketable product that when televised has entertained and mesmerised millions of people,We all know that but you cant keep subsiding a further 48 players and not be out negotiating with commercial firms with the monies to sponsor events,If new events are created by Hearn to bring back the sponsors then so be it,It is a good form of promotion and advertising for the sport of snooker. :ahh:

Knock em bandy Barry Hearn,Snooker is lucky to have him.

Postby Wildey

its tacky and rubish gimmicks are what it sais on the tin...

never have i seen nothing more embarasing and useless in sport than dart players coming out to music with girls holding a flag......its vomitingly bad.

hope to dear god snooker never sees that marmite in a World Championship or major i hasen to add..

yes you can experiment else where with some things but leave it out of the top tournaments.
Last edited by Wildey on 16 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:well we got music already...... so not far off <laugh> rofl <laugh> rofl

thats as far as it will get and i think by the end of this tournament the music will have been binned aswell it just doesent work in snooker.

Postby The Cueist

I think Hearn is shrewd enough to know this,And he has already said he has no plans to change the majors as they are great as they are. :chin:

So what is your problem wildyboy? :john:

I suspect you dont like change mate. :?

Postby Wildey

i want hearn incharge i want him to have 51% state in snooker i think you will find that i want change and want it fast but the sport aint broke the way they administrate it is.

Postby The Cueist

wildJONESEYE wrote:i want hearn incharge i want him to have 51% state in snooker i think you will find that i want change and want it fast but the sport aint broke the way they administrate it is.

That is fair enough mate and im glad you see it that way,Thing is the sport needs to be made more appealing for the youngsters as thewre are not many ROS'S OR HENDRYS,WILLIAMS coming through at the moment,Wouldnt you agree,Apart from Selby and Wenbo new good players are not there,Wouldnt you agree? :chin:

Postby Wildey

i think the players are there but they not being marketed right......

its like a new cola firm coming on the market thinking in time it will out sell coke.....sorry it wont you got to put it out there so people see what you offer them.

Postby The Cueist

wildJONESEYE wrote:i think the players are there but they not being marketed right......

its like a new cola firm coming on the market thinking in time it will out sell coke.....sorry it wont you got to put it out there so people see what you offer them.

Exactly right and Hearn will be the man to do this once he has got the established players enough tournaments to play in and some decent wages. <ok>

Postby Wildey

thats why i back him on this now i had my reservations but after reading and hearing what he sais i think he will do right for the sport.

if i for one minute thought in 12 months time players will be walking out to itsi bitsi teeny weeny yello poka dott bikini sung by timmy mallet and wearing minnie mouse costume with a bikini id tell him to take a hyke.

thats not gonna happen i just wished now players does the right thing with this ballott so we move on to make snooker great again.