Topic locked

Williamhill.com UK Championship Semi Finals Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 26th of November - Sunday 8th of December at the York Barbican

Semi Finals and the World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan is out defeated by Stuart Bingham 6-4 but World no 1 Neil Robertson continues on his quest for the UK Title to go with his World and Masters triumph.

Ricky Walden not had the best season so far is through to the Semi Finals and a meeting with Defending Champion Mark Selby.

Who will reach the Final?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Mark Selby v Ricky Walden H2H Selby Leads 8-4
--------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Robertson v Stuart Bingham H2H Bingham leads 7-3

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Semi Finals Discussion !

Postby Skullman

Effective H2H

Selby 7-3 Walden
Bingo 4-1 Robbo. Worth noting there that their longest match has been a best of nine in the Masters qualifying event, which Robbo won. None of their other matches have been more than best of seven.

Postby Skullman

Would love to see Selby and Robbo face off again in a best of 19, even though I couldn't watch.

Interesting side note, that winner of that hypothetical match would take the WN1 spot, but I'm guessing at that stage both would be entirely focused on the trophy.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Effective H2H

Selby 7-3 Walden
Bingo 4-1 Robbo. Worth noting there that their longest match has been a best of nine in the Masters qualifying event, which Robbo won. None of their other matches have been more than best of seven.

they are all effective if players cant be professional in every single match tough rubbish is what i say.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm not quite sure how well Walden played today as I mostly watched the other match. He seems more mature and consistent since his World Champs run. I expect Selby to win but it will be far from easy.

Well he's done buck all in rankers since the Worlds, so I'm not entirely sure where you're getting consistent from.

But I agree, that Ricky won't make it easy for Mark, especially not as easy as Mavis did last year. Plus he gave Allen a good game at this stage two years ago.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm not quite sure how well Walden played today as I mostly watched the other match. He seems more mature and consistent since his World Champs run. I expect Selby to win but it will be far from easy.

Well he's done buck all in rankers since the Worlds, so I'm not entirely sure where you're getting consistent from.

But I agree, that Ricky won't make it easy for Mark, especially not as easy as Mavis did last year. Plus he game Allen a good game at this stage two years ago.

At least for his standards. Before 2013 he had maybe one good run every 2 years and in now he made the semi finals of the WC and the UK in the same year.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:It will be a travesty if Selby wins this tournament after his disgracefully crap performance yesterday.

And obviously, no one wants to see the peroxide Aussie win either.

Hopefully, Bingham will lift the trophy.

<doh>

Postby Muppet147

Wildey wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:It will be a travesty if Selby wins this tournament after his disgracefully crap performance yesterday.

<doh>

Hit your head a few more times. Might knock some sense into you.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

<doh>

Hit your head a few more times. Might knock some sense into you.

i think you must have hit your head a few times...

Postby Sickpotter

You really are the most negative "fan" I've seen, miracle if there's one complimentary post in 50 from you.

One has to wonder why you bother with snooker at all :shrug:

Postby Muppet147

Sickpotter wrote:

You really are the most negative "fan" I've seen, miracle if there's one complimentary post in 50 from you.

Your opinion is of little importance in the grand scheme of things.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:

Your opinion is of little importance in the grand scheme of things.

HAHAHA The irony of that comment is priceless rofl rofl

Postby Andre147

So our first semi is Bingo up against Robbo.

Bingo is well capable of beating him if he plays anything like he did against Ronnie, and he has a oretty good record against Neil. The only major problem is this time it's a 2 session match, Best of 17 and even if Robbo has a bad start he can quickly recover in the evening session because it favours the better players.

I think it will be a very close match, in fact I predicted a decider, but something like 9-8 or 9-7 because I'm sure it won't be a walkover for neither player, but think Robbo might just edge it in the end.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:To beeb or not to beeb, that is the question.

:chin:

I only beeb to watch a few of their features like interviews with the players etc, however to watch the match itself ES is definately the choice for me.