Topic locked

Williamhill.com UK Championship Quarter Final Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 26th of November - Sunday 8th of December at the York Barbican

Quarter Finals at the Barbican and Man in form Ding Junhui wont be in contention having fallen to Ricky Walden but still there is Mark Selby the defending champion, World no 1 Neil Robertson and The World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Who will reach the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Mark Selby v Barry Hawkins H2H Hawkins Leads 7-5
Mark Allen v Ricky Walden H2H Allen Leads 6-5
--------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Robertson v Stephen Maguire H2H Maguire leads 10-7
Stuart Bingham v Ronnie O'Sullivan H2H O'Sullivan leads 8-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Quarter Final Discussion

Postby Skullman

Effective H2H

Hawkins 6-4 Selby
Walden 4-3 Allen (but Allen has won against him in best of 17 and 19 matches, while Ricky hasn't won any match longer than best of 9)
Mags 8-6 Robbo (but Mags hasn't won any of these since January 2009)
ROS 8-1 Bingo

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I think we're in for one hell of a finish these coming days :-D

All these 8 players desperately want to win the UK.

Mark Selby will do absolutely everything to keep that trophy in his possession. His determination is unquestioned but his form is fluctuating so far. Hawkins will be by far the hardest test so far. Barry is trying to get into his second final in a major this year.

Mark Allen is still waiting for a big victory here in Great Britain. So does Ricky Walden. This could be their big chance. I slightly favour Mark because of their previous matches and his fighting spirit.

Neil Robertson wants to complete his collection and win his third tripple crown event. He's been falling short the last couple of years, so he wants to get this monkey off his back as soon as possible. Stephen Maguire thought he was out of this tournament a couple of times already. So there are signs that this could be his year.

Stuart Bingham is also looking for his first major but he's facing Ronnie O'Sullivan. Exactly 20 years after his breakthrough win here in the UK Champs he's looking for his 5th title. It's been 6 years since his last title, so he wants to celebrate a very special anniversary on Sunday.

8 contenders but only 1 will win it.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think we're in for one hell of a finish these coming days :-D

Mark Selby will do absolutely everything to keep that trophy in his possession. His determination is unquestioned but his form is fluctuating so far. Hawkins will be by far the hardest test so far. Barry is trying to get into his second final in a major this year.

Mark Allen is still waiting for a big victory here in Great Britain. So does Ricky Walden. This could be their big chance. I slightly favour Mark because of their previous matches and his fighting spirit.

Neil Robertson wants to complete his collection and win his third tripple crown event. He's been falling short the last couple of years, so he wants to get this monkey off his back as soon as possible. Stephen Maguire thought he was out of this tournament a couple of times already. So there are signs that this could be his year.

Stuart Bingham is also looking for his first major but he's facing Ronnie O'Sullivan. Exactly 20 years after his breakthrough win here in the UK Champs he's looking for his 5th title. It's been 6 years since his last title, so he wants to celebrate a very special anniversary on Sunday.

Perfectly described. You would be a good Master of Ceremonies. :hatoff:

Postby vodkadiet

1983 - Alex Higgins comes from 0-7 to beat Steve Davis 16-15 in the best UK final in history
1993 - Ronnie O'Sullivan becomes the youngest ever winner of a ranking event
2003 - Matthew Stevens wins his first ranking event in a dramatic final
2013 - ???????

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:1983 - Alex Higgins comes from 0-7 to beat Steve Davis 16-15 in the best UK final in history
1993 - Ronnie O'Sullivan becomes the youngest ever winner of a ranking event
2003 - Matthew Stevens wins his first ranking event in a dramatic final
2013 - ???????

2013: Ronnie O'Sullivan wins his 5th UK title, equalling Hendry, 20 years after he won his first at the tender age of 17. :-D

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think we're in for one hell of a finish these coming days :-D

Perfectly described. You would be a good Master of Ceremonies. :hatoff:

Yeah, the Beeb should have a look at this and not talk some of their rubbish from time to time.

Postby vodkadiet

2023 - Xi Li Tang beats Yung Ni Sang 2-1 in a dramatic final of the 2048 flat draw event held in Macau. Barry Hearn describes 'Xi Li Tang' as 'The Greatest Player Ever'. Hearn also claims that next year's event will be even bigger, with all matches being reduced to one frame matches, and promises a draw of 16,384.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 05 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:2023 - Xi Li Tang beats Yung Ni Sang 2-1 in a dramatic final of the 2048 flat draw event held in Macau. Barry Hearn describes 'Xi Li Tang' as 'The Greatest Player Ever'. Hearn also claims that next year's event will be even bigger, with all matches being reduced to one frame matches, and a promises a draw of 16,384.

rofl <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

I forgot Judd lost yesterday. I sat here watching the game, and I forgot Allen turned it around. I woke up this morning thinking Judd was still in it. <laugh>

Either I'm soing senile, or that beer was stronger than I thought it was. rofl
Last edited by SnookerFan on 05 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:I forgot Judd lost yesterday. I sat here watching the game, and I forgot Allen turned it around. I woke up this morning thinking Judd was still in it. <laugh>

Either I'm soing senile, or that beer was stronger than I thought it was. rofl

Don't worry - you are not senile. I think you are just a bit thick.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm pretty sure Allen and Ronnie will win today.

Robertson has a tough match against Maguire but I think he'll come through. Selby vs Hawkins is for me the toughest match to call but I slightly favour Barry.

Yeah pretty much agree with that, although I think Mags may cause an upset here, if he starts well I really fancy him to beat Robbo today, but needs a good start, otherwise Robbo won't let him comeback like he did in his first 2 matches against Brecel and Liang.

Postby GJ

maguire had a good lead v robbo in china semi and lost.

Their head to head is so erratic , maguire won the first 7 or 8 matches between them

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:The Beeb only starts their coverage at 2 p.m today. :td: Not that I care much, been watching on ES, only tune in to watch a feature or another they have.

BBC :roll: These are the quarter finals, not the time to start an hour late.

I agree.

BBC. <doh>