Topic locked

Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 26th of November - Sunday 8th of December at the York Barbican

The last 16 gets underway with Former World Champions Shaun Murphy and John Higgins in action.

Also playing in the Last 16 are Former championsStephen Maguire, Ding Junhui, Judd Trump and defending Champion Mark Selby.

Who will reach the Quarter Finals?

DRAW

Last 16

Mark Selby v Graeme Dott H2H Selby leads 11-5
Barry Hawkins v Shaun Murphy H2H Murphy Leads 7-1
Judd Trump v Mark Allen H2H 9-9
Ricky Walden v Ding Junhui H2H Walden Leads 2-1
--------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Robertson v Joe Perry H2H 7-7
John Higgins v Stephen Maguire H2H 8-8
David Morris v Stuart Bingham H2H 1-1
Robert Milkins v Ronnie O'Sullivan H2H O'Sullivan leads 2-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Please tell me that the predicts template you put isn't in chronological order, because it would be a travesty if the WN2 and defending champion is on in the morning session.

haven't got a clue about order of play so dont be late predicting

Postby TheRocket

Sonny wrote:Great line up isn't it?

It surely is. The match pairs are great. One match, where you always expect a fast entertaining game with high breaks and at the other table you expect a tough embattled match with great matchplay.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 4th of December

9.30am

David Morris v Stuart Bingham
Ricky Walden v Ding Junhui

NB 1pm

Judd Trump v Mark Allen
Mark Selby v Graeme Dott

NB 7pm

Robert Milkins v Ronnie O'Sullivan
Neil Robertson v Joe Perry

Postby snooker loopy

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:A bit quiet here dispite 2 good matches on

It's because Ronald's not playing.

Alternatively, maybe people are busy on Tuesday evenings?

Or maybe people are watching the snooker because the matches are so awesome and they can't moan about non-TV matches or give updates of non-TV tables!

Postby Andre147

Back again :-D

Glad Ronnie won pretty confortably in the end, making those 2 tons.

He has a proper test in Milkins tomorrow, and if he starts like he has done in last 2 matches I can really see Milkins punishing him and causing an upset. Nobody was predicting he would beat Robbo at the Worlds and look at what happened.

Ronnie tends to play well against attacking players like him, but I definately think he won't get away with some silly mistakes he has done so far.

Postby Muppet147

Andre147 PGC wrote:Back again :-D

He has a proper test in Milkins tomorrow, and if he starts like he has done in last 2 matches I can really see Milkins punishing him and causing an upset. Nobody was predicting he would beat Robbo at the Worlds and look at what happened.

Ronnie tends to play well against attacking players like him, but I definately think he won't get away with some silly mistakes he has done so far.

I think Ronnie will win comfortably - 6-2 or 6-3. But Milky may be able to cause him some problems early on. Milky actually plays almost as fast as Ronnie. This wasn't apparent during the world championship because he was up against Robbo who plays ultra-slow.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:Back again :-D

After you left Ronnie played a lot better and scored 2 very nice centuries. He definately didn't fall over the line like yesterday. A shame you couldn't see the conclusion.

Postby snooker loopy

Skullman wrote:The York spectators are really stingy with their applause :irk:

Most weren't wearing earsets (at £6 a pop I don't blame them, especially as I chose to do the same myself) so not visually good shots but technically awesome ones may be less appreciated by less informed sections of the crowd, although having said that I was sat next to a guy applauding every half-decent shot on all four tables which is equally as annoying as stingy clappers.

Postby Skullman

Jewell wrote:
Skullman wrote:The York spectators are really stingy with their applause :irk:

It's almost as if the audience is comatose. Then again four boring players are playing right now so it's understandable.

:zzz: