Topic locked

Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 26th of November - Sunday 8th of December at the York Barbican

With 4 Last 64 Matches still to be completed the Last 32 gets underway in York.

Still in the Championship are Former World Champions Graeme Dott, Shaun Murphy, Mark Williams, Neil Robertson, John Higgins and the Current World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan

Who will reach the Last 16 and a 2 table set up?

DRAW

Last 32

Mark Selby/Tian Pengfei v Stuart Carrington
Graeme Dott v Allister Carter H2H 4-4
Gary Wilson v Barry Hawkins H2H Hawkins Leads 1-0
Noppon Saengkham v Shaun Murphy Never Played Before
Judd Trump v Xiao Guodong H2H Xiao Guodong Leads 2-1
Mark Allen v Michael Holt H2H Holt Leads 1-0
Mark Williams v Ricky Walden H2H Williams Leads 4-3
Fergal O'Brien v Ding Junhui H2H Ding Junhui Leads 2-1
--------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Robertson/Robbie Williams v Li Hang H2H Higginson Leads 1-0
Scott Donaldson v Joe Perry Never Played Before
Jamie Burnett v John Higgins H2H Higgins Leads 6-0
Liang Wenbo v Stephen Maguire H2H Maguire Leads 3-0
Mitchell Travis/Kurt Maflin v David Morris H2H Ebdon Leads 1-0
Stuart Bingham v Anthony McGill Never Played Before
Matthew Stevens v Robert Milkins H2H Stevens Leads 2-1
Marcus Campbell v Adam Duffy/Ronnie O'Sullivan

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Monday 2nd of December

9.30am

Kurt Maflin v Mitchell Travis
Gary Wilson v Barry Hawkins
Scott Donaldson v Joe Perry
Stuart Bingham v Anthony McGill

NB 1pm

Mark Selby v Tian Pengfei TV Guess
Neil Robertson v Robbie Williams TV Guess
Noppon Saengkham v Shaun Murphy
Jamie Burnett v John Higgins

NB 7pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Adam Duffy TV Guess
Graeme Dott v Ali Carter TV Guess
Judd Trump v Xiao Guodong
Liang Wenbo v Stephen Maguire

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:According to snooker.org Trump vs Guodong will be on TV instead of Carter vs Dott. That makes sense, Trump plays a good opponent and they love showing him.

Carter and Dotty should definately be on TV, but anyway.

Many are questioning the Ronnie v Duffy match instead of Carter and Dotty but there you go. Can't please everyone I suppose.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:According to snooker.org Trump vs Guodong will be on TV instead of Carter vs Dott. That makes sense, Trump plays a good opponent and they love showing him.

Many are questioning the Ronnie v Duffy match instead of Carter and Dotty but there you go. Can't please everyone I suppose.

Objectively Ronnie vs Duffy isn't the best or even second best match of the evening. But Ronnie will ALWAYS be on a TV table in a BBC event, no matter what. I can understand that some people are snake hissed about that but I obviously don't mind :wave:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Objectively Ronnie vs Duffy isn't the best or even second best match of the evening. But Ronnie will ALWAYS be on a TV table in a BBC event, no matter what. I can understand that some people are snake hissed about that but I obviously don't mind :wave:

Yeah me neither in the slightest, and I said earlier about Skull for instance if it was Selby v Duffy he would obviosuly go for Selby, same with GJ with Robbo if he were playing Duffy. :wave:

What I think though is that Carter v Dotty should be on TV, and Judd not, but we all know the Beeb too loves Judd.

Postby snooker loopy

So the BBC haven't learnt from Saturday!

There's absolutely no point putting Duffy v ROS on telly, Ronnie will get his TV chances in the last 16 beyond as he's highly unlikely to go out tonight. Carter v Dott is a fight for a masters place and going to be extremely good snooker and Trump v Xiao should be as well, those two matches should be televised.

Postby SnookerFan

snooker loopy wrote:So the BBC haven't learnt from Saturday!

There's absolutely no point putting Duffy v ROS on telly, Ronnie will get his TV chances in the last 16 beyond as he's highly unlikely to go out tonight. Carter v Dott is a fight for a masters place and going to be extremely good snooker and Trump v Xiao should be as well, those two matches should be televised.

You've got more chance of getting a blow job off a nun than you have of seeing the BBC refusing to televise Ronnie.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

But as Andre mentioned yesterday, the winner of Carter vs Dott isn't guaranteed a Masters place. The winner also has to get one round further than Perry and Joe is playing Donaldson. So Carter or Dott will probably have to beat Selby as well.

Postby Lucky

The BBC have dropped plenty of clangers already this tournament. ........missing ROS hitting the 100th 147 would just about top it off. After Saturday its obvious he will go for every opportunity.

Postby hadi1258

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Yeah me neither in the slightest, and I said earlier about Skull for instance if it was Selby v Duffy he would obviosuly go for Selby, same with GJ with Robbo if he were playing Duffy. :wave:

What I think though is that Carter v Dotty should be on TV, and Judd not, but we all know the Beeb too loves Judd.

Excuse me Dear friend Andre
Who is Beeb??? :chin:

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

But as Andre mentioned yesterday, the winner of Carter vs Dott isn't guaranteed a Masters place. The winner also has to get one round further than Perry and Joe is playing Donaldson. So Carter or Dott will probably have to beat Selby as well.

For the record, that was me. Still Carter v Dott is a match between two top players who've had good matches in the past.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

For the record, that was me. Still Carter v Dott is a match between two top players who've had good matches in the past.

Sorry, my bad.

It's a shame 2 of the 4 matches can't go on TV. Wenbo vs Maguire should also be good.

Postby Skullman

Yeah, especially as that's the reason the format was changed to best of 11, so everyone could be seen on TV.

And because apparently people don't have the attention span for 17 frames, although I've never talked to anyone who's happy about the change. Still Barry knows best.