Topic locked

The CueZone!!!!!

Postby Wildey

this year at the Crucible the Cuezone wont be there is that a good or bad thing in attracting people. Ive always thought they needed to do more with the back stage facilities and not less.

thoughts.

Re: The CueZone!!!!!

Postby Alex0paul

It is there this year

Postby Bourne

I am rather indifferent to it since i've never experienced it be that in a good way or not so good !

Postby Smart

there are conflicting, supposedly factual statements, on this thread.....

If it is not there this year please provide a source for this as some evidence.

I believe it is a good thing to have as it shows the public a bit more, access to see BBC filming, a go on a full size table, view the trophy.....

Where is the downside to that...?

Postby Witz78

The Cuezone as we know it isnt there mainly due to the redevelopment works that are still ongoing in Tudor Square (what a waste of council money by the way!)
There is a table and mini Cuezone set up in Winter Gardens this year though to make up 4 it.

Postby SnookerFan

It's outrageous if The Cue Zone isn't there.

Okay, granted, it's the same stuff in there all the time usually, unless Hazel Irvine is there filming something, which is always worth a look. But The Cue Zone, in it's own simple way symbolises everything that is good about going to The Crucible. And everything that is lacking from, say, Wembley. The snooker becomes part of the culture for 17 days at Sheffield. You can be on the other side of the city, and be experiencing the snooker. The locals really take it to heart, and everybody has got something to say on the issue. At Wembley, and Telford come to that, the snooker goes on and nobody notices it. I single Wembley out too, because even the venue shuts fans out until 15 minutes before the matches...

Point is, you can experience the snooker without going just by being in Sheffield. It's everywhere. I was in HMV once, and they had a big screen on showing a snooker DVD they were selling, as they knew people were there to watch snooker. The Cue Zone is part of that, in my opinion. And it's almost iconic as The Crucible itself.

Postby Casey

I have never experienced it but I am looking forward to having a look this year

Postby Witz78

Winter gardens are at the opposite end of Tudor Square to the Crucible. To be honest even if the redevelopment work in the square had been complete theyd be struggling to fit the cuezone tent in because of the new layout with trees and seats etc.

Postby SnookerFan

It's good to know they'll have something. The actual tent itself doesn't matter, I guess. Even if I'm only ever in The Cue Zone a couple of minutes at a time, I think it's good to know they aren't losing the interaction with the fans.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:It is there this year

ok if its there or not this year isnt important whats important to this poll is whats people thoughts about it.

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:Well its a bit like having a poll for 'do you like breathing', hardly gonna say no are <laugh>

Of course it is good <ok>

<laugh>

thats why it doesent make sense why barry thinking of getting rid.

Postby SnookerFan

Barry Hearn doesn't like it, because there isn't a shot clock involved in going inside.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Barry Hearn doesn't like it, because there isn't a shot clock involved in going inside.

i think the concept of a cuezone is tailored made for Barry to develope and not get rid...

ok they might cost money but as a buisness man that looking towards getting younger kids involved what better platform to start with.

Postby SnookerFan

Lets hope thats the case. I was just kidding about Hearn.

I've just thought, does this mean that hedge by The Cue Zone shaped like two blokes playing snooker will be gone? :-(

Postby Witz78

There is actually a shot clock in the Cuezone! Fans get 1 minute to try and pot all 6 colours off the spot haha
The two snooker players hedge should be there. Am a bit concerned by the XMAS TREE the councils planted right outside the Crucible entrance tho....
I will post some pics on later to show why Winter Gardens was the only option 4 the Cuezone this year!

Postby Witz78

The table and cuezone in Winter Gardens, and the state of Tudor Square in mid-redevelopment. Photos taken a few days ago.

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:Still don't get the reason why this warranted a poll..................... how on earth could it be a bad idea to have a cue_zone area......? :huh: :huh: :huh:

because theres talk it wont be there next year in tudor square in the wintergardens or half way to leeds in a service station lol

just wandered whats peoples thoughts when its gone <ok>

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Still don't get the reason why this warranted a poll..................... how on earth could it be a bad idea to have a cue_zone area......? :huh: :huh: :huh:

because theres talk it wont be there next year in tudor square in the wintergardens or half way to leeds in a service station lol

well it aint good...... but that is stating the obvious.

Would you expect someone to say good riddance or a snooker fan to say "yeah thank God that extra snooker related area has gone - what a relief"....... hilarious <laugh>

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Would you expect someone to say good riddance or a snooker fan to say "yeah thank God that extra snooker related area has gone - what a relief"....... hilarious <laugh>

no i was wandering why barry thoughts it wasnt a good idea he obviously thinks snooker fans dont use it or dont want it or not a very good buisness sense having it.

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Yeh gotta admit Wild, its a bit of a silly poll really. Almost as if your waiting for a WUM to click that they dont like the Cuezone so you can go off on one rofl

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:nice pics witz :wave: :wave:

They aint mine, i nicked, er kindly copied them off a guy from Facebook :john: