Topic locked

Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 128 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 26th of November - Sunday 8th of December at the York Barbican

The UK Championship is in it 37th year and been won by the greatest names in the sport.

Irishman Patsy Fagan was the first winner in 1977 and since then a further 18 Players have picked up the trophy. Mark Selby was the latest winner last year and he will be defending his title against the challenge of World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan, World no 1 Neil Robertson and Ding Junhui who will be going for his 4th straight main ranking tournament win having Picked up the Shanghai Masters, Indian Open and the International Championship over the last few months.

Record 6 times Champion Steve Davis has not entered this year Choosing to spend his time doing other things. But the Field is strong with Youth and Experience. Who will win the 37th Staging of the Tournament?

DRAW

Selected Last 128 Matches + Head to Heads

Michael White v Joe Swail H2H Swail Leads 1-0
Ryan Day v Chris Wakelin H2H Day Leads 1-0
Jack Lisowski v Michael Leslie H2H Lisowski Leads 1-0
Anthony McGill v Kyren Wilson H2H McGill Leads 2-0
Jamie Cope v David Morris H2H Cope Leads 1-0
Barry Hawkins v Alexander Ursenbacher H2H Hawkins Leads 1-0
Cao Yupeng v Zhang Abda H2H Zhang Anda Leads 1-0
Judd Trump v Gareth Green H2H Trump Leads 1-0
Mark Williams v Allan Taylor H2H Williams Leads 1-0
Peter Ebdon v Andrew Norman H2H Ebdon Leads 1-0
Dechawat Poomjaeng v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh H2H Poomjaeng Leads 1-0
Liu Chuang v Tony Drago H2H Liu Chuang Leads 2-0
Mark Davis v Robin Hull H2H Davis Leads 2-0
Tian Pengfei v Pankaj Advani H2H Tian Pengfei Leads 1-0
John Higgins v Alex Borg H2H Higgins Leads 3-1
Mike Dunn v Luca Brecel H2H 1-1
Aditya Mehta v Robbie Williams H2H Williams Leads 1-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 128 Discussion !!

Postby GJ

Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:robbo WN1 match held over ????????????????

yup Robbo playing his first match on 30th of november 7pm on TV

cheers mate <ok> :hatoff:

best of 11 up till quarters i assume ?

Postby Wildey

snooker loopy wrote:With it being roll on roll off I should see three or four matches in the two sessions I'm going to watch?

its not really roll on roll off there's 3 session of play per day maximum.

Postby SnookerFan

I got in touch with forum favourite Dave Hendon the other week. (By getting in touch, I mean I asked him something on twitter.) I asked him if Eurosport were showing the morning sessions of the UK Championship, as the BBC weren't.

Originally he said they were. But today I got this message.

David Hendon ‏@davehendon sorry it turns out the BBC aren't recording any of the morning sessions at the UK so we are unable to show them

:roll:

Postby Wildey

Streamed Matches on Liveworldsnooker.TV before the BBC Cameras roll in.

Tuesday 26th of November

1.30pm

Sports Hall
Dominic Dale v Vinnie Calabrese
Tom Ford v Noppon Saengkham

7.30pm

Sports Hall
Xiao Guodong v Andrew Pagett
Mark King v Ross Muir

Wednesday 27th of November

9.30am

Sports Hall
Andrew Higginson v Hammad Miah
Marcus Campbell v Lyu Haotian

2.30pm

Sports Hall
Ryan Day v Chris Wakelin
Liang Wenbo v Elliot Slessor

7.30pm

Sports Hall
Martin Gould v Chris Norbury
Anthony McGill v Kyren Wilson

Thursday 28th of November

9.30am

Sports Hall
Ben Woollaston v Stuart Carrington
Jamie Cope v David Morris

2.30pm

Sports Hall
Rory McLeod v Martin O'Donnell
Dave Harold v Chen Zhe

7.30pm

Sports Hall
Dechawat Poomjaeng v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Liu Chuang v Tony Drago

Friday 29th of November

9.30am

Sports Hall
Tian Pengfei v Pankaj Advani
Matthew Selt v Scott Donaldson

2.30pm

Sports Hall
Mike Dunn v Luca Brecel
Aditya Mehta v Robbie Williams

its clear Perform are setting up their own cameras in the sports hall but at the venue itself BBC Cameras will be in operation.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:thats a disgrace and Barry Hearn needs to get tough this is a Major and if the BBC Cant give it the respect it deserves they should lose it

This probably proves I need a girlfriend more than anything, but I e-mailed into the BBC saying it was a shame they aren't televising morning matches during the week.

I received an automated reply thanking me for my views.

Postby Wildey

its Remarkable when you think about it Because Last 128 Matches featuring Ken Doherty, Graeme Dott, Allister Carter , Shaun Murphy, Jimmy White , Judd Trump, Mark Allen, Mark Williams, Ricky Walden, Marco Fu, Stephen Maguire and John Higgins are in the Main Arena before the BBC Cameras start rolling they will not be shown however Matches in the Sports Hall will be streamed which will include Dave Harold and Rory McLeod Matches.

But its Good so that other players gets their time on stream which now with Chinese events they would focus on the star names.

Postby snooker loopy

Wildey wrote:its Remarkable when you think about it Because Last 128 Matches featuring Ken Doherty, Graeme Dott, Allister Carter , Shaun Murphy, Jimmy White , Judd Trump, Mark Allen, Mark Williams, Ricky Walden, Marco Fu, Stephen Maguire and John Higgins are in the Main Arena before the BBC Cameras start rolling they will not be shown however Matches in the Sports Hall will be streamed which will include Dave Harold and Rory McLeod Matches.

But its Good so that other players gets their time on stream which now with Chinese events they would focus on the star names.

Are they not streaming from the main arena for the last 128? Thought they were until the beeb turned up?

Postby snooker loopy

Wildey wrote:its Remarkable when you think about it Because Last 128 Matches featuring Ken Doherty, Graeme Dott, Allister Carter , Shaun Murphy, Jimmy White , Judd Trump, Mark Allen, Mark Williams, Ricky Walden, Marco Fu, Stephen Maguire and John Higgins are in the Main Arena before the BBC Cameras start rolling they will not be shown however Matches in the Sports Hall will be streamed which will include Dave Harold and Rory McLeod Matches.

Are they not streaming from the main arena for the last 128? Thought they were until the beeb turned up?

Postby Wildey

snooker loopy wrote:

na its from the sports hall list of streamed matches here http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/ ... ment/13630

Postby snooker loopy

Wildey wrote:
snooker loopy wrote:

na its from the sports hall list of streamed matches here http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/ ... ment/13630

Shame. Although there's some good sports hall matches. Advani v Penfi should be good.

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 26th of November

1.30pm

Sports Hall
Jamie Jones v Gary Wilson
Dominic Dale v Vinnie Calabrese Streaming
Anthony Hamilton v Sean O'Sullivan
Tom Ford v Noppon Saengkham Streaming

7.30pm

Sports Hall
Xiao Guodong v Andrew Pagett Streaming
Mark Joyce v Jamie O'Neill
Fergal O'Brien v Alex Davies
Mark King v Ross Muir Streaming

Postby Simone

Now when you mentioned Mark Williams there, I just think he´s the biggest favourite to win this one. And I very much fancy to him to win the Worlds later this season, too. Interesting to see how Ben Woollaston does here, he has played some really impressing snooker lately. Selby and O´Sullivan will be a strong contenders also.

But that´s just how I see it now....

:wave: :wave: <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Next stop, the UK Championship.

The flat draw makes things a bit more complicated. Like in the PTCs it's very hard to keep track of what's exactly going on. So it will be confusing who's playing who, when and in which round, especially for the casual viewers.

In the previous years there already was the problem that some very good matches weren't televised because of too many simultaneous matches and it will be even worse this year.

It's also tough for the top players like Selby, Robertson or Ronnie who would have to play 7 matches in 9 days if they want to reach the final. This will truly be a test of stamina. In the International Championship at least the first round was played a couple of weeks earlier.

Also I'm not exactly sure what's the point of someone like Mark Selby playing an 15 year old amateur in the first round in front of television cameras. Anything but a whitewash would surprise me.

So there are lots of problems but let's focus on the contenders:

At the moment there are 4 outstanding players: Ronnie, Ding, Robbo and Selby

These 4 are consistent winners of big tournaments and are just a cut above the rest. Obviously it's very likely one of this group will lift the UK trophy in 2 weeks.

But there are plenty of other capable players left, especially: Allen, Bingham, Carter, Fu and Trump

I believe these 5 could win the UK as well. I think if the 4 mentioned players above won't deliver, one of these 5 will take the title. If anyone else wins it, I will consider it a shock.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 25 Nov 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that someone unexpected will win the UK. Not totally unexpected like Jack Lisowski but probably a top player who's not done much yet this season, if only for the reason that that's happened the last two years (or three depending on how you class Higgins's victory in 2010).

PS Snooker.org is your friend if you want to know who's playing who and when

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:I don't know why, but I have a feeling that someone unexpected will win the UK. Not totally unexpected like Jack Lisowski but probably a top player who's not done much yet this season, if only for the reason that that's happened the last two years (or three depending on how you class Higgins's victory in 2010).

PS Snooker.org is your friend if you want to know who's playing who and when

Sorry but Trump and Selby certainly aren't surprise winners. In the last 2 years I would have, at the very least, put them in that 2nd category. Who do you think is capable of winning the UK beyond these 9 players I mentioned?

Also I know it's possible to keep track of all what's going on but as I said it's more difficult and for casual viewers near to impossible.

Postby Skullman

They weren't surprise winners, they were unexpected because they weren't in great form coming into the UK. I think it'll be someone like Maguire, Murphy, Trump or Allen, maybe Higgins, but I think he still needs time to work on his game. Possibly Carter, although he was in reasonable form last week. Don't think Bingo has a chance though.

About keeping track, you said usual viewers in your other post, so I thought you meant the likes of me and you, sorry. I agree casual viewers will be confused, but hopefully Hazel and the rest of BBC team can keep everyone updated (fat chance).

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:They weren't surprise winners, they were unexpected because they weren't in great form coming into the UK. I think it'll be someone like Maguire, Murphy, Trump or Allen, maybe Higgins, but I think he still needs time to work on his game. Possibly Carter, although he was in reasonable form last week. Don't think Bingo has a chance though.

About keeping track, you said usual viewers in your other post, so I thought you meant the likes of me and you, sorry. I agree casual viewers will be confused, but hopefully Hazel and the rest of BBC team can keep everyone updated (fat chance).

Sorry my mistake, I wrote usual viewers but meant casual. However the BBC will have their work cut out to keep the viewers informed about all the action.

I don't think Maguire, Murphy or Higgins are playing consistent enough to win such a title. Murphy is struggling to even win one match at the moment, never mind 7.

Also I included Allen, Trump and Carter in my list of contenders.

Postby Lucky

Wow. They've really screwed this tournament up haven't they???? Hopefully with ITV losing the champions league and Europa league coverage after next year it may spend some of the cash saved on snooker coverage.