Post a reply

Re: International Championship Final Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

Odrl wrote:I always thought when Hendry's record of 7 centuries in a match would go, it would be in a three or four-session match. But it's definitely in danger today. ;-)

Absolutely, in the 5 franmes Ding won in the opening session which i sadly missed but will watch it later since I recorded it, Ding made 4 tons! :hatoff:

Hendry's record is 7 also in a Bast of 19 match, the 1994 Uk final against Doherty.

Ding is surely a man capable of equalling if not beat that with his breakbuilding capabilities, although somehow doubt it'll happen here cause the pressure is bound to get to both players in this 2nd session.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:Surprised there's so few posters in this truly AMAZING final here :hatoff:

Ding, would you believe it, another ton :clap:

That's 5 now, 2 more to equal Hendry :hatoff:

so much to do today cant really watch it

come on Ding how about 8 centuries.

records are there to be broken

Postby Andre147

By the way Boblewo, you're new here, so I ask you how long have you been folowing snooker?

In Brazil you obviously have Igor Figueiredo who's easily the best player from your country, a shame he can't quite get his sponsors and so on to establish himself on the tour.

Postby boblewo

Andre147 PGC wrote:By the way Boblewo, you're new here, so I ask you how long have you been folowing snooker?

In Brazil you obviously have Igor Figueiredo who's easily the best player from your country, a shame he can't quite get his sponsors and so on to establish himself on the tour.

Not so long ago, I started in 2010, when I followed (and start to supporting) Graeme Dott until since his first game until the final

I'm not an expert in snooker, but I love the game, and always try to know more

Postby Andre147

The longest frame of the final, almost 50 minutes I think closely followed by the time it took the first frame of this final, some odd 45 minutes, Fu reduces to 6-5.

The pace has slowed down a bit, and Fu had to somehow stop the rot with that barrage of tons from Ding. Fu too is capable of making big breaks, but at the moment he is just hanging on and trying to stay in touch with Ding otherwise he may run away with it.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Sonny wrote:What happened with Ding's 92? Was it a clearance or did he miss the chance for another century?

Ding is just :bowdown: at the moment

But it's only 6-6

Yeah, this frame the total opposite to the last one, Fu making a ton :hatoff: of 104, 147 chance no less :clap:

These 2 have made between them 7 tons in this match, 5 from Ding, 2 from Fu, just 1 shy of the record in a match combining 2 players.

Postby Roland

Oh yes take nothing away from Fu. He's playing brilliant stuff. So so unlucky not to get the max, the last cannon was absolutely perfect but rattled the 14th black

Postby Andre147

Fu leads 7-6 with another bg break, a 71.

Like SO said, Ding could even equal or beat Hendry's record of tons in a single match and still lose, given how well Fu has been playing, now winning 3 frames in a row to lead this match.

I think it has a decider written all over it, and it would be the icing on the cake for this match, it deserves one.

Postby boblewo

Andre147 PGC wrote:

In Brazil the pool games are very very populars, almost every bar around here have pool tables.

But the type of game is almost never snooker, but other types.

To the brazilian cue sports fans Igor Figueiredo is one of the biggest name, but yet still less known than Rui Chapéu

Postby Andre147

8 all, decider looking more and more like a reality now :-D

Don't quite know the answer to that question SO, I would say that no, no player has ever lost a best of 17 or 19 making this amount of tons, but it may have happened somehwere in the past.

Postby Odrl

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Has a player ever lost a best of 17 or 19 ranking final making 5 or more centuries?

I'm pretty sure that's never happened. There have only been a couple of instances where a player has made five centuries in a final, like Hunter against O'Sullivan at the Masters in 2004 (although not ranking, of course), and they've always won.

O'Sullivan did lose a best-of-19 against David Gray in the 1st round of the WC though, making five centuries in the process.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Has a player ever lost a best of 17 or 19 ranking final making 5 or more centuries?

I'm sure mjw lost a match 5.4 making 4 century's but can't think of any others.

Postby Odrl

Odrl wrote:There have only been a couple of instances where a player has made five centuries in a final, like Hunter against O'Sullivan at the Masters in 2004 (although not ranking, of course), and they've always won.

Let me just re-phrase that... I mean a "normal" two-session final of course. Stephen Hendry did make five in the World final when he lost to Doherty, I think.