Post a reply

International Championship Final Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 27th of October - Sunday 3rd of November in Chengdu, China

Third ranking event final of the season brings together two players from Asia the Best two players from Asia World no 3 Ding Junhui playing World no 6 Marco Fu.

Ding Junhui going for his third Ranking Event of the season and Marco Fu going for his second.

Who will win?

DRAW

Final

Marco Fu v Ding Junhui H2H Ding Junhui leads 7-4

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: International Championship Final Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Sonny wrote:These two always deliver when they meet. Expect it to be a very high quality match.

On paper Ding is favourite but I slightly favour Fu to take this. The pressure will be on Ding tomorrow.

but he really is delivering under pressure Dott put him under today and at 7-6 he made a century and 8-7 a winning clearance.

in 2001 Ken Doherty almost won 3 Rankers on the Spin.

He Beat Paul Hunter in the Welsh Open 9-2 then he Beat Stephen Hendry 9-3 to win the Thailand Masters then he reached the final of the Scottish Open and Ebdon beat him 9-7 can Ding finish the job tomorrow?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Sonny wrote:These two always deliver when they meet. Expect it to be a very high quality match.

On paper Ding is favourite but I slightly favour Fu to take this. The pressure will be on Ding tomorrow.

but he really is delivering under pressure Dott put him under today and at 7-6 he made a century and 8-7 a winning clearance.

He Beat Paul Hunter in the Welsh Open 9-2 then he Beat Stephen Hendry 9-3 to win the Thailand Masters then he reached the final of the Scottish Open and Ebdon beat him 9-7 can Ding finish the job tomorrow?

Ronnie was the last player to nearly win 3 rankers in a row. 2008 WC, 2008 Northern Ireland Trophy and 2008 Shanghai Masters.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Ronnie was the last player to nearly win 3 rankers in a row. 2008 WC, 2008 Northern Ireland Trophy and 2008 Shanghai Masters.

Actually Wild is right, because the Worlds belonged to the previous season, and on the same season Doherty is indeed the last one who came the closest to win 3 rankers on the spin.

I expect Ding to win it, but Fu this year is in the the form of his life, in 2013 has already reached 3 ranking finals and will prove a very tough opponent for Ding, I expect a similar match to their Masters final but I'm sure it'll be closer than that one, something like 10-7, 10-8 or even 10-9.

Both players on the form of their lives, Ding especially of course, should be a great match.

Postby Andre147

boblewo wrote:Image

Few moments after that smile Fu lost that frame :pal:

That was the frame where Ding got that miraculous snooker on the pink or something like that wasn't it? At their Masters final.

Postby boblewo

Andre147 PGC wrote:

That was the frame where Ding got that miraculous snooker on the pink or something like that wasn't it? At their Masters final.

André, yeah, this is it

A brilliant snooker by Ding

PS: Sorry for asking that, but your name is Andre Santos, that's right? You are a brazilian?

Postby Andre147

boblewo wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

André, yeah, this is it

PS: Sorry for asking that, but your name is Andre Santos, that's right? You are a brazilian?

I'm from Portugal in fact <ok> And didn't know my first and last name appeared here :chuckle: , guess I put it down when I registered but didn't quite remember now. You're Brazilian? best for us to continue to speak here in English for obvious reasons, but yeah I'm Portuguese.

Postby boblewo

Andre147 PGC wrote:
boblewo wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

André, yeah, this is it

I'm from Portugal in fact <ok> And didn't know my first and last name appeared here :chuckle: , guess I put it down when I registered but didn't quite remember now. You're Brazilian? best for us to continue to speak here in English for obvious reasons, but yeah I'm Portuguese.

You have a twitter link below your avatar

Yeah, I'm a brazilian. But it's cool you know, have PT/BR here..

In relation to English I agree with you(despite my not be very good.. ;) )

Postby boblewo

Andre147 PGC wrote:Yeah it was Twitter indeed.

I see you're new here, so Welcome to the forum! <ok>

Thanks man. I become a member few days ago.

I hope to learn more of snooker from you and the others users here

Postby hendry_fan

I won,t be able to see much of this final.

I wrote earlier that i think Ding will win it and i,m sticking to my guns,he will.

Mind you,even SNOOKERFAN predicted Ding will win this which is not a good sign as he always predicts wrong. ;-)

Come on Ding!!.