Topic locked

Re: International Championship Semi Finals Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:
Sonny wrote:I tell you what he does need to do though if he's to beat Ding, he needs to cut out these shots where he gets frustrated and puts no thought in and just gets down and hits it. But that's Dotty for you. Frustrating to watch. Even the simple shots, the up and down safeties can go wrong if you don't give them due care and attention.

To be fair he hasn't done that all week. When he got this new cue he made the decision to slow down a teensy wee bit and while earlier in the season the results were not that good some of the actual performances were a lot better. All he needed was a run and a little luck, though luck is not something he gets a lot of.
He is still upbeat and confident. All to play for still.

it beggars the question if he hasent done that all week why start against the Best player in the World?

did not see this morning session too much to do but sonny knows what hes talking about so im taking his word he was careless at times.

ill be glued this afternoon hoping graeme can pull this off but it looks to me like with a bit more thought he could have been ahead and giving Ding 2 frame start is tough for anyone at the moment.

Postby Roland

The funny thing is Wild that Ding has been known to do this in the past but right now he's the model of concentration and control and that's why he's going for 3 rankers in a row.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:The funny thing is Wild that Ding has been known to do this in the past but right now he's the model of concentration and control and that's why he's going for 3 rankers in a row.

yea

there's a lesson there for every player.

Postby Wildey

Commentators Going on how tough as nails Dott is but that was then this is now he is a different player and has been known to give up a bit these days

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:He won't give up mate, he's made of steel.

but he has been known to this last few years and at 7-3 i can see him throwing his cue at anything.

hope he keeps his head down