Topic locked

International Championship Semi Finals Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 27th of October - Sunday 3rd of November in Chengdu, China

Semi Finals and World no 2 Mark Selby wont be appearing after he lost to Hong Kong's Marco Fu 6-5 and next plays Joe Perry who last reached a ranking final back in 2001 the European Open where he lost 9-2 to Stephen Hendry.

Ding Junhui on a crest of a wave will be playing in the other Semi Final against 2006 World Champion who last reached a ranking final in the 2010 World Championship losing 18-13 to Neil Robertson.

Who will reach the Final?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Joe Perry v Marco Fu H2H Marco Fu Leads 5-1
-----------------------------------------------------
Ding Junhui v Graeme Dott H2H Ding Junhui leads 5-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: International Championship Semi Finals Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Friday 1st of November

6.00am

Joe Perry v Marco Fu (8 Frames)

11.30am

Joe Perry v Marco Fu (9 Frames)

Saturday 2nd of November

6.30am

Ding Junhui v Graeme Dott (8 Frames)

11.30am

Ding Junhui v Graeme Dott (9 Frames)

Postby Andre147

Joe Perry v Marco Fu:

A very tough one to call for me, Perry obviously played brilliant snooker to knock out Day firing 3 tons in his 6-1 win, but Fu also was 5-3 down to Selby and showed his class by winning it in the decider. I will, still, slightly favour Fu on this one because he has been playing well for the last 4 or 5 months and Perry hasn't been in a semi of a ranker since 2008 Worlds, and the pressure of actually getting to his first ranking final since the European Open way back in 2001 may be a bit too much for him, but it'll be close I'm sure. FU

Graeme Dott v Ding Junhui:

Obviosuly I will favour Ding on this one, he's been in the form of his life, and could be in for a very rare hat-trick of ranking titles, though Graeme is a fighter and I'm sure Ding won't have it easy, but in the end I think he will prove a bit too much for Dotty, but on the other hand an upset wouldn't surprise me that much, though I doubt it'll happen.
DING

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:I just got in from seeing A Nightmare On Elm Street at the cinema. I'll be up at 6am, but I'm not sure how much of that wisdom you can expect.

I just hope the one you saw was the original 1984 version from the brilliant Wes Craven otherwise you saw that crap <doh> remake from 2010.

It's a great one the original, one of my favourite horror movies, along with The Thing.

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Image Image Image
Sunday 27th of October - Sunday 3rd of November in Chengdu, China

Semi Finals and World no 2 Mark Selby wont be appearing after he lost to Hong Kong's Marco Fu 6-5 and next plays Joe Perry who last reached a ranking final back in 2001 the European Open where he lost 9-2 to Stephen Hendry.

Ding Junhui on a crest of a wave will be playing in the other Semi Final against 2006 World Champion who last reached a ranking final in the 2010 World Championship losing 18-13 to Neil Robertson.

Who will reach the Final?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Joe Perry v Marco Fu H2H Marco Fu Leads 5-1
-----------------------------------------------------
Ding Junhui v Graeme Dott H2H Ding Junhui leads 5-1

ORDER OF PLAY

"Ding Junhui on a crest of a wave"

Jeez,where did you get that one Wild,"on a crest of a wave",i liked that one,i,m very impressed!. :-D

Ding has proven that if you,re good enough you can often get to the latter stages in tournaments and even go on to win them theeeeeese dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyys!.

Consistency is the main ingredient and Ding has been very very consistent lately and has been able to maintain playin high standard snooker,it,ll be intrestin to see how long he can keep it goin.

As much as i,d like Dott to win,i think Ding will,as Wild wrote,"Ding Junhuis on a crest of a wave",he,s full of confidence and will be more than ever determined to keep his good form going and to add another piece of silverware to his already 8 ranking titles and of course what would make this title more mouthwatering is that it,s in his home country.
Last edited by hendry_fan on 01 Nov 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:"Ding Junhui on a crest of a wave"

Jeez,where did you get that one Wild,"on a crest of a wave",i liked that one,i,m very impressed!. :-D

Much though I like Wild, I don't think he invented that. :-D

You think he snapped it from a certain Mr yates,Hendon or maybe even Willie thorne,JV?. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

hendry_fan wrote:SnookerFan,i have 2 questions :-),....

1)Who would you like to win this tourney?

2)Who do you think will win this tourney?

1) It'd be nice to see Ding win again. He's been waiting for years to play well in China, and finally has the monkey of a second ranker there off his back. I've always liked Ding, and want him to be World Champion some day. So, Ding.

2) I reckon the winner of Ding vs Dott beats the winner of Fu vs Perry. I'm predicting a Ding vs Perry final, with a Ding win. But Dott won't be an easy win for Ding. Not easy at all.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Hendry Fan.

Same questions to you.

I,d like Dott or Ding to win.

Just looked up when Dott won his last ranker,it was ironicaly in China and it was way back in 2007.

In fact apart from winning that tourney,he,s <only> won 1 more so far which was the World championship in 2006.

He,s managed to reach 7 finals in ranking tournaments,the player he is one could say he,s an underachiever.

As far as actualy winning this tourney,i think Ding will win it,he,s in the form of his life,he looks very determined but also more relaxed than usual and he,s got the crowd fully behind him.

He,s somehow managing to cope,bein able to handle pressure,he looks more relaxed,an attribute which he cleary lacked many times before,obviously he,s gaining more and more experience and i,m sure he,ll become world champ sometime.

We,ll see how long his crest of a wave continues. :-D