Topic locked

Re: International Championship Quarter Finals Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

On quarter final form, Perry has to be favourite for that semi, but bottle is more important at that stage of events than break building skill (which Marco has abundance of as well) and Marco will take confidence from that comeback.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:On quarter final form, Perry has to be favourite for that semi, but bottle is more important at that stage of events than break building skill (which Marco has abundance of as well) and Marco will take confidence from that comeback.

I agree and that's why I think Fu will be in his second ranking final this season on Sunday.

Postby SnookerFan

Sounds like I'm missing some good matches here. I didn't expect Marco to win before the match. No disrespect to him, he's a great player. Just you expect Selby to be more consistent, and he seems to get to the business ends more regularly. Sounds like a top win for Fu, though. And you have to take your hat off too him. :hatoff:

Good result for The Gentleman as well.

Postby SnookerFan

So, we could get Ebdon vs Dott or Ding vs Liang, hey? Both have stories behind them in their own way. :chin:

I'd prefer Ding vs Liang, as it's in China. And you feel that'd be more fast, attacking snooker. (Not that there's anything wrong with hard match play, of course.)

You feel the young Chinese players playing attack minded snooker in China is a sign of the future, don't you really?

Postby Lucky

SnookerFan wrote:So, we could get Ebdon vs Dott or Ding vs Liang, hey? Both have stories behind them in their own way. :chin:

I'd prefer Ding vs Liang, as it's in China. And you feel that'd be more fast, attacking snooker. (Not that there's anything wrong with hard match play, of course.)

You feel the young Chinese players playing attack minded snooker in China is a sign of the future, don't you really?

Thats a better standard of posting. KEEP it like that. Else the mods will come down on you.....HARD.

(Disclaimer. Unless its bullocks slating Ronnie. This is encouraged)

Postby Skullman

Almost forgot. Well done Dott. Expected him to beat Liang, but still good to see him back in the business end of a tournament. I don't he been in one since the 2011 German Masters (oh and the Masters this year, but he only had to win two matches there).

Postby Wildey

Peter Ebdon 3-5 Ding Junhui
Graeme Dott 6-3 Liang Wenbo

Ebdon must be dominating this match in terms of pace and hes still Losing that says a lot about Ding as a player These days

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Thursday 31st of October

6.30am

Ryan Day 1 *Joe Perry* 6
*Marco Fu* 6 Mark Selby 5

11.30am

Peter Ebdon 3 *Ding Junhui* 6
*Graeme Dott* 6 Liang Wenbo 3

What a sickener for Selby,i read he was 5-3 up and was 1 shot away from victory but ends up losing,very very unusal that something like that happens to Selby.

It happens to every player at some point that they lose a match that they really should,nt,no one can fully avoid that happening.

Brilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllliant stuff fae Graeme,he,s one of the many players who,s struggled to keep consistency,great to see him get so far in a top tournament again. :clap:

I thought that Ding would be too much for Ebdon today,as usual Peter gave it his all but Ding was as he,s been for most this season was just too strong for him today.

Well done Ding!. <ok>

Good to see Ebdon have a good run in a tourney again though.