Topic locked

Re: International Championship Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

Skullman wrote:Just one pattern for anyone who cares (probably just me), last time Ebdon beat Robbo in a ranker, his next opponent was Ding, and he went to win the whole event.

Just a reminder now that Ding has won.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 30th of October

11.30am

Ryan Day 6-3 Fergal O'Brien
Stuart Bingham 1-6 Mark Selby
Mark Davis 1-6 Liang Wenbo
Matthew Stevens 1-6 Ding Junhui

Postby Odrl

Not much said about Liang's match... :-)

He needed a couple of frames to get going. Won the first one from behind, then missed an easy pink for the second frame, kind of like the two he missed against O'Sullivan, but Davis didn't take advantage so it went 2-0. Davis had another frame he could have won before the interval, but failed again and lost all four. After that Liang had that maximum attempt to go 5-0.

Davis then started going for everything and played a silly cut from distance, scattering the reds everywhere. He missed it by a mile, but saw a red go in the middle, then made a good break to avoid the whitewash. Liang did the job in the next one though, with another big break.

His long potting was fairly good, and he also got most of the tricky balls when he was recovering position. But he still had some problems in the balls, often just getting the delicate shots wrong and messing up position. There was also the odd lapse of concentration on an easy pot. But he seems full of confidence and cueing alright. Should be a good match against Dott. :-)

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:How about a Perry - Ebdon final?

He's a gentleman.

He's Joe Perry.

:hatoff:

are you permanently snake hissed these days?

normally there's a few words of wisdom hidden between bullocks but the wisdom is lacking at the moment

Just asking :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

He's a gentleman.

He's Joe Perry.

normally there's a few words of wisdom hidden between bullocks but the wisdom is lacking at the moment

To be fair to Snookerfan, you wouldn't even know wisdom if it came up and slapped you across the face with a wet fish, Wild.

that alone is testimony to my wisdom because you said it <ok>

Postby Lucky

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

He's a gentleman.

He's Joe Perry.

Top notch modding <ok>

Postby Lucky

SnookerFan wrote:Like I say, the first of this I'll watch all week will probably be on Friday.

I'll try to provide some wisdom from then on. :hatoff:

You'd better, or ELSE........there will be TROUBLE :john:

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Hendry fan

that sort of crap is not constructive and creates utter donkey doo for a few pages so in future if you feel the need to post donkey doo like that DONT.

Please enlighten me what is wrong in that post?!.

Its fine for Gj to have a dig at me,but it,s not fine when i have a dig at him,aye right Wild!. :td:

Postby hendry_fan

Ebdon deserves credit,some can complain all they like about him but fact is he,s one of the greatest ever snookeer players,if you think otherwiese well fine,you have your opinion,i have mine!.