Post a reply

IBSF World Champs 2013 27 Nov-8 Dec Daugavpils, Latvia

Postby roy142857

The number of players each national federation can enter has been increased, to 3 for Mens and Masters and 4 for Womens (more places available for the host nation and some others) - deadline though is today.

England have so far entered Jeff Cundy and John Whitty in the Mens, Jamie Bodle in the Masters and no-one in the Womens.

Ireland have entered Brendan O`Donoghue, Michael Judge and David Hogan in the Mens, Mark Tuite, Shane Gorman and Stephen Merrigan in the Masters and no-one in the Womens.

Isle of Man have entered Darryl Hill in the Mens

Scotland have entered Michael Collumb, Joseph McLaren and Mark Owens in the Mens, Paul Jamieson and Lance Little in the Masters and no-one in the Womens.

Wales have entered Lee Walker, Gareth Allen, David John, Duane Jones and Alex Taubman in the Mens, Darren Morgan, Wayne Morgan and Ian Sergeant in the Masters and no-one in the Womens.

Re: IBSF World Championship 27 Nov-8 Dec Daugavpils, Latvia

Postby roy142857

All 3 2012 champions, Muhammad Asif, Wendy Jans and Darren Morgan, are back to defend their titles, whilst runner-up Zoe Ng On Yee and Glen Wilkinson hope to go one better than last year (Gary Wilson was runner-up in the Mens, looking at his performance in the Pros I bet Muhammad Asif wishes his funding had come through when he needed it).

Good to see US Champion and former pool player Corey Duell in the Mens line-up.

China has gone with its young players, picking 16 year old Zhào Xīntóng and 15 year old Zhōu Yuèlóng for this.

Also, in the Masters competition, good to see Dene O'Kane.

Postby markj147

Hannah isn't going to Latvia unfortunately due to finances. It cost over £1K to recently go to Southern Ireland for the World 6 reds and this trip will cost over £1200 by my calculations as she has to travel with either myself or my wife while she is still under 18. I have tried to raise the funds for the trip to Latvia as I wanted Hannah to have a go while she was under 18 but there i have not had any success.

knowing that Hannah is on the list of players to be selected for future International events then I can start saving for future tournaments.

I know 4 ladies have been invited to participate but cannot attend this tournament for reasons of money and health. Shame.

Postby roy142857

markj147 wrote:Hannah isn't going to Latvia unfortunately due to finances. It cost over £1K to recently go to Southern Ireland for the World 6 reds and this trip will cost over £1200 by my calculations as she has to travel with either myself or my wife while she is still under 18. I have tried to raise the funds for the trip to Latvia as I wanted Hannah to have a go while she was under 18 but there i have not had any success.

knowing that Hannah is on the list of players to be selected for future International events then I can start saving for future tournaments.

I know 4 ladies have been invited to participate but cannot attend this tournament for reasons of money and health. Shame.

Sorry you couldn't raise the funds Mark, wish the national bodies were in a position to pay for players to go but I assume they're not.

Postby markj147

roy142857 wrote:
markj147 wrote:Hannah isn't going to Latvia unfortunately due to finances. It cost over £1K to recently go to Southern Ireland for the World 6 reds and this trip will cost over £1200 by my calculations as she has to travel with either myself or my wife while she is still under 18. I have tried to raise the funds for the trip to Latvia as I wanted Hannah to have a go while she was under 18 but there i have not had any success.

Sorry you couldn't raise the funds Mark, wish the national bodies were in a position to pay for players to go but I assume they're not.

Thanks Roy. The EASB are looking into building an International fund but it isn't available for players or referees yet.

Postby roy142857

240 entries overall from 50 countries makes this the biggest ever IBSF World Championship apparently - 124 in the Mens, 74 in the Masters and 42 in the Womens.

Quite a large number of countries, but I'm disappointed that there are no entries from Afghanistan, Malaysia or Romania and that the only Danish entry is Rune Kampe in the Masters.

Postby Penalty

The Draw for this event is now available at the links below
http://esnooker.pl/turnieje/2013/ms/en/ ... &ile_gwr=2

In group D in the men's event Saeed Abooyesani will not be taking part as he was refused a visa to enter Latvia, he only found out after the draw was done :-(

Postby roy142857

Mens Groups

Group A
Ahmed Aly Elsayed USA
Bratislav Krastev Bulgaria
David Hogan Ireland
Ismail Türker Turkey
Lukas Kleckers Germany
Peteris Ermansons Latvia
Muhammad Asif Pakistan

Group B
Hussain Alawadhi Kuwait
Hans Blanckaert Belgium
Zhōu Yuèlóng China
Joseph McLaren Scotland
Jeff Szafransky USA
Jeff Cundy England
Simonas Dragunas Lithuania

Group C
Paul Schopf Austria
Sergelen Batdelger Mongolia
Michael Collumb Scotland
Hassan Kerde Australia
Yuttapop Pakpoj Thailand
Daniel Kohout Czechia
Roberts Kirichenko Latvia

Group D
Muhammad Faaris Khan South Africa
Saeed Abooyesani Iran
Sascha Lippe Germany
Anthony Brabin Cyprus
Mark Owens Scotland
Elvijs Melnis Latvia
Dorjbat Bekhbat Mongolia

Group E
Andrej Maksimov Lithuania
Mohammed Al Joaker UAE
Andy Lee Chun Wai Hong Kong
Darren Paris Switzerland
Stephane Ochoiski France
Janis Bindze Latvia
Muhammad Sajjad Pakistan

Group F
Shuji Hase Japan
Jason Williams Canada
Mateusz Baranowski Poland
Antti Mannila Finland
Darryl Hill Isle of Man
Chan Chee Keong Singapore
Sergey Vasiliev Belarus

Group G
Wael Talaat Egypt
Georgi Velichkov Bulgaria
Kiashan Moodley South Africa
Al Urfy Bairaq Sweden
David John Wales
Alan Lin Tang Ho Hong Kong
Anton Ryabinin Russia

Group H
Tomasz Skalski Belgium
Karim Elabd Egypt
Manan Chandra India
Sergejs Sergejev Latvia
Mhanaa Alobaidli Qatar
Francisco Rodriguez Spain
Andreas Ploner Austria

Group J
Jason Todd New Zealand
Antti Tolvanen Finland
Kevin van Hove Belgium
Krzysztof Wróbel Poland
Adrien Frostin France
Shu Seng Chua Singapore (not a name I recognise - could be Javier Chua Wei Sheng?)
Shahid Aftab Pakistan

Group K
Ruslan Romanovski Belarus
Tetsuya Kuwata Japan
Tomas Kubicek Czechia
Soheil Vahedi Iran
Michael Judge Ireland
Tomas Puodziunas Lithuania
Faisal Tifouni Kuwait

Group L
Timo Salovaara Finland
Welendra Chandradasa Sri Lanka
Brendan O`Donoghue Ireland
Mario Brincat Malta
Shahbaaz Adil Khan India
Jacobus Petrus Van Jaarsveld South Africa
Shachar Ruberg Israel

Group M
Benny Loh Siang Leng Singapore
Elran Gezi Israel
Joris Maas Netherlands
John Whitty England
Juriy Belozjorov Latvia
Vilius Schulte Lithuania
Imran Shahzad Pakistan

Group N
Vladyslav Vyshnevskyy Ukraine
Khalid Kamali UAE
Duane Jones Wales
Chan Ka Kin Hong Kong
Duncan Bezzina Malta
George Louka Cyprus
Vladislav Kalinovski Belarus

Group P
Iulian Boiko Ukraine
Batsukh Baldandorj Mongolia
Patryk Masłowski Poland
David Vaitzman Israel
Zhào Xīntóng China
Corey Deuel USA
Lee Walker Wales

Group Q
Matthew Bolton Australia
Nikola Kemilev Bulgaria
Roman Dietzel Germany
Maris Volajs Latvia
Brijesh Damani India
Ivan Kakovsky Russia

Group R
Arpat Pulat Sweden
Mohsen Bukshaisha Qatar
Alex Taubman Wales
Susantha Boteju Sri Lanka
Ryan Causton England
Maris Kalva Latvia

Group S
Mohamed Shehab UAE
Sergiy Isayenko Ukraine
Boonyarit Keattikun Thailand
Muhammed Leysi Turkey
Andres Petrov Estonia
Gareth Allen Wales

Group T
Andrey Khudobin Belarus
Amir Sarkhosh Iran
Kacper Filipiak Poland
Benjamin McCabe Sweden
Steve Mifsud Australia
Ivailo Pekov Bulgaria

Postby roy142857

Defending champion Muhammad Asif comfortably won 4-1 against the USA's Ahmed Aly Elsayed.

Ireland's David Hogan opened with a good 4-1 win over Germany's Lukas Kleckers and Michael Judge of Ireland won his opener against Czechia's Tomas Kubicek 4-0.

Scotland's Mark Owen won his opening match against Anthony Brabin of Cyprus whilst fellow Scot Joseph McLaren opened with a 4-0 loss to Zhōu Yuèlóng and their compatriot Michael Collumb went from 3-0 up to lose 4-3 to Thailand's Yuttapop Pakpoj.

Wales' David John opened with a 4-3 win against Kiashan Moodley (South Africa) and followed up by defeating Bulgaria's Georgi Velichkov 4-0, and there were two other Welsh winners as Lee Walker won 4-1 against eight year old Iulian Boiko of the Ukraine and Alex Taubman opened with a 4-1 win over Sri Lankan Susantha Boteju. However Wales' Duane Jones didn't fair so well, going down 4-2 to Malta's Duncan Bezzina.

Darryl Hill from the Isle of Man lost his opener against Poland's Mateusz Baranowski 4-2.

A couple of unexpectedly-emphatic victories in Group T as Iran's Amir Sarkhosh beat Aussie Steve Mifsud 4-0 and Pole Kacper Filipiak beat Swede Benjamin McCabe by the same scoreline.

At the moment England's Ryan Causton is in a deciding frame against Mohsen Bukshaisha of Qatar and Wales' Gareth Allen is 3-2 up against Mohammed Shehab of the Emirates.

Postby roy142857

Some 2nd day highlights

Scotland's Joseph McLaren back to winning ways with a 4-1 win over Hans Blanckaert (Belgium), likewise Michael Collumb with a 4-3 win over Australia's Hassan Kerde (who later beat Sergelen Batdelger of MOngolia by the same margin). Muhammad Faaris Khan of South Africa defeated Scotland's Mark Owen 4-2 and is the only unbeaten in Group D as Germany's Sascha Lippe fell 4-3 to Anthony Brabin (Cyprus).

Darryl Hill of the Isle of Man recovered from his early loss with two 4-0 wins against Canada's Jason Williams and Japan's Shuji Hase.

David John of Wales edged Egypt's Wael Talaat 4-3 to stay unbeaten with 3 from 3, matching Alan Lin Tang Ho of Hong Kong in Group G. Other successes for Wales as Duane Jones beat Chan Ka Kin of Hong Kong 4-1 and Lee Walker beat Israel's David Vaitzman 4-2. However Gareth Allen struggled against Thailand's Boonyarit Keattikun, losing 4-1.

Ireland's Brendan O'Donoghue has 2 wins from 2 in Group L, already the only unbeaten player in the group despite each player only having played 2 matches.

England's John Whitty had to wait for the 2nd day to play his first match, and beat Joris Maas of the Netherlands 4-0, but Ryan Causton had a surprise 4-3 loss to young Swede Arpat Pulat.

Australia's Matthew Bolton had an excellent 4-2 win against Brijesh Damani of India.

Top break so far is 134, achieved by both Mohamed Shehab (UAE) and Boonyarit Keattikun of Thailand.

A lot of the players in groups A to H have now played 3 games, undefeated players in those groups are Jeff Cundy (England), David John (Wales), Alan Lin Tang Ho (Hong Kong), Yuttapop Pakpoj (Thailand), Muhammad Faaris Khan (South Africa), Chan Chee Keong (Singapore), Mohammed Al Joaker (UAE) and Tomasz Skalski (Belgium), all with 3 wins, plus Manan Chandra (India), Muhammad Sajjad (Pakistan), David Hogan (Ireland), Mateusz Baranowski (Poland) and Zhōu Yuèlóng (China), each with 2 wins.

Postby roy142857

Ireland's Brendan O`Donoghue now 3 from 3 in Group L following a nice 4-2 win against Israel's Shachar Ruberg, Michael Judge of Ireland in Group K also 3 for 3.

Wales' Lee Walker stays unbeaten (3 wins) with a 4-0 over ex pool player Corey Deuel of the USA, whilst Alex Taubman is also now 3 for 3 (in Group R).

In the Womens competition a number of players are unbeaten with 3 wins - Nikoleta Nikolova (Bulgaria), Vidya Pillai (India), Tatjana Vasiljeva (Latvia), Irina Gorbataya (Russia), Zoe Ng On Yee (Hong Kong), Amornrat Uamduang (Thailand), Arantxa Sanchis (India) and Varsha Sanjeev (India), whilst unbeaten with 2 wins are Wendy Jans (Belgium), Anna Prysazhnuka (Latvia), Anastasia Nechaeva (Russia) and Shi Chunxia (China).

Daria Sirotina of Russia has a 3-2 loss against Arantxa Sanchis.

Postby roy142857

Defending Champion Muhammad Asif (Afghanistan) beat Lukas Kleckers of Germany 4 -1 today, takes him to 3 for 3, whilst Thailand's Yuttapop Pakpoj became the first player to win 4 matches out of four played.

South Africa's Muhammad Faaris Khan lost his unbeaten record, going down 4-1 to Anthony Brabin of Cyprus.

Iran's Amir Sarkhosh had an impressive 4-0 win over Poland's Kacper Filipiak, whilst Australia's Steve Mifsud ran out a 4-1 winner against Ivailo Pekov of Bulgaria.

Postby roy142857

In the Masters competition most players have now completed 3 matches.

Still unbeaten after 3 matches are Ian Sergeant (Waies), Mark Tuite (Ireland), Darren Morgan (Wales), Robert Marshall (England), Jamie Bodle (England), Phisit Chandsri (Thailand), Glen Wilkinson (Australia) and Yvan van Velthoven (Belgium), whilst unbeaten after playing 2 matches are Paul Thomerson (Australia), Costas Konnaris (Cyprus), Salim Ali Alsuwaidi (UAE) and Chuchart Trairattanapradit (Thailand).

Group D has 4 players at the top with 2 wins and a loss - Terry Davidson (Canada), Munier Cassim (South Africa), Paul Jamieson (Scotland) and Brynjar Kristjánsson (Iceland).

Postby roy142857

In the Mens competition Belgium's Tomasz Skalski, Malta's Duncan Bezzina, Zhào Xīntóng of China, Iran' s Amir Sarkhosh, the Welsh trio of Welshmen David John, Lee Walker and Alex Taubman, and Irish trio Brendan O'Donoghue, David Hogan and Michael Judge all added their 4th wins today to stay unbeaten.

Third wins likewise keep Krzysztof Wróbel of Poland, John Whitty of England and both Shahid Aftab and Imran Shahzad of Pakistan unbeaten.

Postby roy142857

Last night Mohamed Shehab of the UAE beat previously unbeaten Boonyarit Keattikun of Thailand 4-2.

In a battle of unbeaten players India's Manan Chandra beat Belgium's Tomasz Skalski 4-2 and now has 4 wins from 4 matches played. Another 'unbeatens' battle saw Australia's Matthew Bolton dominate Roman Dietzel of Germany for a comfortable 4-0 win. And similarly, Pakistan's Shahid Aftab was dominant in keeping his unbeaten record whilst taking that of Poland's Krzysztof Wróbel with a 4-0 win.

Also joining the '4 wins from 4' brigade in the Mens are defending IBSF World Champion Muhammad Asif, fellow Pakistani Muhammad Sejjad (so all the Pakistani players remain unbeaten), Zhōu Yuèlóng (China), Andy Lee Chun Wai (Hong Kong), Jeff Cundy (England) and Mateusz Baranowski (Poland). Thailand's Yuttapop Pakpoj is now 5 from 5, as is David John of Wales.

From what I understand it's the top 4 in each group who go through to a 'Last 72', presumably most with a bye.

Group D is the first to complete, going through should therefore be:
Sascha Lippe (Germany) 4 wins from 5 (frame difference +10)
Anthony Brabin (Cyprus) 4/5 (+5)
Mark Owens (Scotland) 3/5 (+7)
Muhammad Faaris Khan (South Africa) 3/5 (+2)

Postby roy142857

Just seven players remain unbeaten in the Womens - Belgium's Wendy Jans, Latvia's Tatjana Vasiljeva, Amornrat Uamduang of Thailand, Shi Chunxia of China, Zoe Ng On Yee of Hong Kong plus two from India, Vidya Pillai and Arantxa Sanchis. Sanchis and Shi Chunxia play on Wednesday in a match which should decide who wins Group E.

Group F meanwhile has finished, again I understand 4 to go through, which would be :
Zoe Ng On Yee (Hong Kong) 5 wins from 5 matches player (frame difference +14)
Varsha Sanjeev (Inda) 4/5 (+7)
Ewa Pawińska (Poland) 2/5 (-3)
Maria Bucharska (Ukraine) 2/5 (-3)

Postby roy142857

Zhào Xīntóng (China) 4-2 Lee Walker (Wales)
Imran Shahzad (Pakistan) 4-2 John Whitty (England)

Groups L, P and Q are now complete, going through are:

Group L
Brendan O`Donoghue (Ireland) won 5 matches from 5 played (frame difference +16)
Shachar Ruberg (Israel) 3/5 (+6)
Shahbaaz Adil Khan (India) 3/5 (+4)
Mario Brincat (Malta) 3/5 (Level)

Group P
Zhào Xīntóng (China) 5/5 (+15)
Lee Walker (Wales) 4/5 (+11)
Batsukh Baldandorj (Mongolia) 3/5 (Level)
David Vaitzman (Israel) (+1)

Group Q
Matthew Bolton (Australia) 5/5 (+14)
Roman Dietzel (Germany) 4/5 (+8)
Brijesh Damani (India) 3/5 (+5)
Maris Volajs (Latvia) 2/5 (-6)

Postby roy142857

Great win today from Jeff Cundy, 4-1 against Zhōu Yuèlóng

More group qualifiers in the Mens Championship:

Group A
Muhammad Asif (Pakistan) 6 wins from 6 matches played (frame difference +15)
David Hogan (Ireland) 5/6 (+16)
Lukas Kleckers (Germany) 4/6 (+4)
Bratislav Krastev (Bulgaria) 2/6 (-1)

Group B
Jeff Cundy (England) 6/6 (+21)
Zhōu Yuèlóng (China) 5/6 (+15)
Joseph McLaren (Scotland) 4/6 (+7)
Hans Blanckaert (Belgium) 3/6 (-3)

Group C
Yuttapop Pakpoj (Thailand) 6/6 (+16)
Michael Collumb (Scotland) 5/6 (+14)
Hassan Kerde (Australia) 4/6 (+6)
Paul Schopf (Austria) 3/6 (+2)

Group R
Alex Taubman (Wales) 4/5 (+9)
Ryan Causton (England) 4/5 (+7)
Mohsen Bukshaisha (Qatar) 3/5 (+5)
Susantha Boteju (Sri Lanka) 2/5 (+1)

Group S
Mohamed Shehab (UAE) 4/5 (+10)
Boonyarit Keattikun (Thailand) 4/5 (+9)
Gareth Allen (Wales) 4/5 (+6)
Andres Petrov (Estonia) 2/5 (-3)

Group T
Amir Sarkhosh (Iran) 5/5 (+19)
Steve Mifsud (Australia) 4/5 (+4)
Kacper Filipiak (Poland) 3/5 (+5)
Ivailo Pekov (Bulgaria) 2/5 (-5)

Postby roy142857

Qualifiers from completed groups in the Masters competition:

Group A
Ian Sargeant (Wales) 5 wins from 5 matches played (frame difference +12)
Jyri Virtanen (Finland) 4/5 (+7)
Walid Hamdy (Egypt) 3/5 (+1)
Bernard Ballestra (France)2/5 (-4)

Group C
Munier Cassim (South Africa) 4/5 (+7)
Paul Jamieson )Scotland) 4/5 (+5)
Brynjar Kristjánsson (Iceland) 3/5 (+3)
plus I think Canada's Terry Davidson gets the final spot, level with Israel's Yakov Shaashua on 2/5 (Level) but I'm assuming head-to-head result decides it.

Group D
Mark Tuite (Ireland) 5/5 (+11)
Ng Yam Shui (Hong Kong) 4/5 (+9)
Bernhard Müllner (Austria) 3/5 (+2)
Ahmad Alqabandi (Kuwait) 2/5 (Level)

Group E
Darren Morgan (Wales) 5/5 (+14)
Michael Heeger (Germany) 3/5 (+4)
Nasser Bomejdad (Kuwait) 3/5 (-2)
Ivan Attard (Malta) 2/5 (-1)

Group F
Robert Marshall (England) 5/5 (+13)
Chun Chui (Hong Kong) 4/5 (+7)
Mark Hannah (New Zealand) 3/5 (+3)
Juha Lehto (Finland) 2/5 (-2)

Group G
Jamie Bodle (England) 5/5 (+15)
Murat Ayas (Switzerland) 4/5 (+5)
Nigel Lazar (India) 2/5 (-2)
Stephen Merrigan (Ireland) 2/5 (-3)

Group K
Glen Wilkinson (Australia) 5/5 (+12)
Yvan Van Velthoven (Belgium) 4/5 (+8)
Wayne Morgan (Wales) 3/5 (+2)
Ali Mohsin Al-Abdulrahman (Qatar) 2/5 (-2)

Postby roy142857

Qualifiers from remaining groups in the Masters:

Group B
Costas Konnaris (Cyprus) 5 wins from 6 matches played (frame difference +13)
Paul Thomerson (Australia) 5/6 (+12)
Karim Abdelmeguid (Egypt) 4/6 (+5)
Andrey Vill (Russia) 4/6 (+4)

Group H
Lance Little (Scotland) 4/5 (+8)
Salim Ali Alsuwaidi (UAE) 3/5 (+3)
Ebrahim Baghi (Austria) 3/5 (+1)
Ali Bassiri (Iran) 3/5 (Level)

Group J
Chuchart Trairattanapradit (Thailand) 5/5 (+13)
Shane Gorman (Ireland) 4/4 (+4)
Alain Vandersteen (Belgium) 3/5 (+3)
Mindaugas Maisiejus (Lithuania) 1/5 (-5)

Postby roy142857

Shi Chunxia of China beat Arantxa Sanchis 3-0 to remain unbeaten.
Group A completes with the only frames Wendy Jans and Siripaporn Nuanthakhamjan losing being against each other. (An aside - Siripaporn Nuanthakhamjan took up snooker when aged 9 in 2008, substantial progress since!. 2nd aside - ! - the 'p's in her first name are pronounced closer to 'ph')

Womens group qualifiers from remaining groups:

Group A
Wendy Jans (Belgium) 6/6 (+16)
Siripaporn Nuanthakhamjan (Thailand) 5/6 (+14)
Nikoleta Nikolova (Bulgaria) 4/6 (+5)
Kathy Howden (Australia) 3/5 (-3)

Group B
Vidya Pillai (India) 6/6 (+16)
Anna Prysazhnuka (Latvia) 4/6 (+4)
Jessica Woods (Australia) 4/6 (+3)
Wan Ka Kai (Hong Kong) 3/6 (+1)

Group C
Tatjana Vasiljeva (Latvia) 6/6 (+13)
Yu Ching Ching (Honng Kong) 4/6 (+7)
Anastasia Nechaeva (Russia) 4/6 (+7)
Chitra Magimairajan (India) 4/6 (+5)

Group D
Amornrat Uamduang (Thailand) 6/6 (+15)
Kathy Parashis (Australia) 4/6 (+8)
Neena Praveen (India) 4/6 (+5)
Yana Shut (Belarus) 3/6 (+1)
Russia's Irina Gorbataya was also 3/6, misses out by 2 frames

Group E
Shi Chunxia (China) 6/6 (+16)
Arantxa Sanchis (India) 5/6 (+10)
Daria Sirotina (Russia) 4/6 (+9)
Amy Claire King (South Africa) 3/6 (-2)

Postby roy142857

Mens competition , remaining group qualifiers:

Group E
Andy Lee Chun Wai (Hong Kong) 6/6 (+20)
Muhammad Sajjad (Pakistan) 5/6 (+16)
Mohammed Al Joaker (UAE) 4/6 (+5)
Darren Paris (Switzerland) 3/6 (-2)

Group F
Mateusz Baranowski (Poland) 6/6 (+19)
Darryl Hill (Isle of Man) 4/6 (+12)
Chan Chee Keong (Singapore) 4/6 (+1)
Shuji Hase (Japan) 3/6 (-1)

Group G
David John (Wales) 6/6 (+13)
Alan Lin Tang Ho (Hong Kong) 4/6 (+8)
Al Urfy Bairaq (Sweden) 4/6 (+2)
Kiashan Moodley (South Africa) 3/6 (+4)
Wael Talaat of Egypt misses out by a single frame

Group H
Manan Chandra (India) 5/6 (+14)
Andreas Ploner (Austria) 4/6 (+9)
Karim Elabd (Egypt) 4/6 (+8)
Tomasz Skalski (Belgium) 4/6 (+7)

Group J
Kevin Van Hove (Belgium) 5/6 (+16)
Shahid Aftab (Pakistan) 5/6 (+14)
Krzysztof Wróbel (Poland) 5/6 (+11)
'Shu Seng Chua' (Singapore) 3/6 (-4)

Group K
Michael Judge (Ireland) 5/6 (+16)
Soheil Vahedi (Iran) 5/6 (+13)
Tetsuya Kuwata (Japan) 4/6 (+9)
Tomas Puodziunas (Lithuania) 3/6 (-2)

Group M
Imran Shahzad (Pakistan) 6/6 (+20)
John Whitty (England) 5/6 (+14)
Joris Maas (Netherlands) 4/6 (+7)
Benny Loh Siang Leng (Singapore) 2/6 (-4)

Group N
Duncan Bezzina (Malta) 5/6 (+15)
Duane Jones (Wales) 5/6 (+11)
Khalid Kamali (UAE) 4/6 (+6)
George Louka (Cyprus) 4/6 (+4)

Postby roy142857

Mens Last 72 results and latest scores

Darren Paris (Switzerland) 4 - 0 Tomas Puodziunas (Lithuania)
Mario Brincat (Malta) 4 - 1 'Shu Seng Chua' (Singapore)
Maris Volajs (Latvia) 2 - 2 Paul Schopf (Austria)
Andres Petrov (Estonia) 4 - 1 Ivailo Pekov (Bulgaria)
Hans Blanckaert (Belgium) 4 - 3 David Vaitzman (Israel)
Susantha Boteju (Sri Lanka) 4 - 2 Bratislav Krastev (Bulgaria)
George Louka (Cyprus) 3 - 2 Benny Loh Siang Leng (Singapore)
Shuji Hase (Japan) 4 - 2 Kiashan Moodley (South Africa)

Masters Last 44 results and latest scores

Nasser Bomejdad (Kuwait) 4 - 0 Ebrahim Baghi (Austria)
Wayne Morgan (Wales) 4 - 0 Mindaugas Maisiejus (Lithuania)
Juha Lehto (Finland) 2 - 1 Walid Hamdy (Egypt)
Ahmad Alqabandi (Kuwait) 4 - 3 Brynjar Kristjánsson (Iceland)
Nigel Lazar (India) 3 - 2 Andrey Vill (Russia)
Salim Ali Alsuwaidi (UAE) 4 - 2 Krasimir Kameshev (Bulgaria)
Paul Flemming (Canada) 4 - 0 Ali Bassiri (Iran)
Stephen Merrigan (Ireland) 4 - 0 Shane Gorman (Ireland)
Bernhard Müllner (Austria) 2 - 2 Ali Mohsin Al-Abdulrahman (Qatar)
Ivan Attard (Malta) 4 - 2 Mark Hannah (New Zealand)
Karim Abdelmeguid (Egypt) 3 - 2 Bernard Ballestra (France)
Terry Davidson (Canada) 3 - 3 Alain Vandersteen (Belgium)