Post a reply

Ronnie on Record

Postby Cannonball

The Legend, the GOAT, has opened up on match fixing, revealing he was offered 20k to fix a match.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/24487819

Once more, the Rocket demonstrates he's the main menu.

How corrupt is snooker, if the fixers were going after the GOAT? We know something fishy happened with Higgins, Lee and now the Rocket. How many more top players have been 'approached'?

Re: Ronnie on Record

Postby Wildey

Did Ronnie Report the approach 10 years ago?.

if he didn't report it Should he face a ban for not reporting the approach?

Postby Lucky

The whole sport has been as bent as a nine bob note.....anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. Individiual sport which offered such a poor opportunity to earn a living the moral way, and so easy to fix, enjoyed in the far east. ......the perfect storm for corruption.

Postby Wildey

Lucky wrote:The whole sport has been as bent as a nine bob note.....anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. Individiual sport which offered such a poor opportunity to earn a living the moral way, and so easy to fix, enjoyed in the far east. ......the perfect storm for corruption.

Yes there's been corruption but that's in every sport known to man that some would get caught up in this rubbish so singling out snooker your no better than the Tabloid hacks out there.

with the Stephen Lee case it shows that it will not be tolerated in Snooker.

Lets see what other sports does Ignore it most probably in-case the Publicity surrounds it gets idiots talking bullocks.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Sad to see snooker and match fixing a main headline again.

Really wish snooker would grow a pair and nail Ronnie's to the wall!

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Christ it could easily have been an attempted sting on him or one of his crazed fan boys wanting to get him alone in the forest.i can't help but wonder when that part of his book was written in.

Postby Lucky

Wildey wrote:
Lucky wrote:The whole sport has been as bent as a nine bob note.....anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. Individiual sport which offered such a poor opportunity to earn a living the moral way, and so easy to fix, enjoyed in the far east. ......the perfect storm for corruption.

Yes there's been corruption but that's in every sport known to man that some would get caught up in this rubbish so singling out snooker your no better than the Tabloid hacks out there.

Lets see what other sports does Ignore it most probably in-case the Publicity surrounds it gets idiots talking bullocks.

I rest my case....deluded! Singling out snooker. ..on a snooker forum....who'd a thunked it?

Postby Cannonball

Lucky wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Yes there's been corruption but that's in every sport known to man that some would get caught up in this donkey doo so singling out snooker your no better than the Tabloid hacks out there.

I rest my case....deluded! Singling out snooker. ..on a snooker forum....who'd a thunked it?

I agree mate. Once more, Bazza's gofer comes to the 'rescue'. This reminds me of cycling, that pretended there was no drugs problem for decades, and even put obstacles in the way to avoid detection, cover up detection and scandal. The only way to clean up a sport is to embrace folk like Ronnie, protect them and allow them to talk, not berate them or fine them for telling the truth. Of course, free speech isn't allowed in snooker. And yet, muppets on here love their free speech, love insulting others, but support WS in suppressing free speech for the players. Oh the irony! Imagine if every libelous comment was deleted here, there'd be nothing left and the muppets would be furious. But if a player says anything against the empire, lordy!

Has it crossed anyone's mind that the person Ronnie speaks of could be part of the empire, or friends of the empire? Maybe he couldn't talk then because he'd be got at.

Postby Wildey

Lucky wrote:
Wildey wrote:

what are you on

you should have said sport in general has corruption in it from football to gymnastics from Tennis to Badminton not say the whole sport of snooker is Corrupt.

that is factually incorrect saying the WHOLE SPORT IS CORRUPT.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Boxing was a terrible sport for corruption, don't know if it still is. I quit watching it years ago because I couldn't trust results. People will walk away from snooker because all it's press these days is match fixing!

Postby Dannyboy

3 month ban coming Ronnie's way for not reporting an approach.

Postby Wildey

his book is all about the 2001 best way to talk rubbish.

Postby Cannonball

The GOAT talks about life and snooker, reported today on the beeb:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/24506220

Another fascinating insight into the GOAT's life. You either like Ronnie or you don't. If you don't, you are on the side of the empire and that makes you an enemy of snooker by definition. There are plenty of so called fans on here who couldn't pot a long blue to save their lives, yet in their delusion, they believe they are snooker experts. rofl What they really are, are poor examples of the use of the English language. Donkey doo indeed! SSRIs would be a better solution than Snooker Island for the special needs. Actually, one or two might be better off with a gram of lithium a day. rofl

Postby Raziel

Trumpster, if Ronnie O'Sullivan believes that World Snooker would change a cloth specifically to stop him winning the World Championship, then maybe he is the one that should start taking SSRIs or Lithium. <laugh>