Topic locked

Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters Q Final Discussion !

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 16th~Sunday 22nd of September at Shanghai Grand Stage, China

In the Quarter Finals will be two Chinese Players Xiao Guodong and Ding Junhui as well as World no 1 Neil Robertson and UK and Masters Champion Mark Selby plus surprise Package Kyren Wilson and the man in form Mark Davis.

Who will reach the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Mark Davis v Xiao Guodong H2H 1-1
Kyren Wilson v Michael Holt H2H Wilson leads 1-0
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Selby v Barry Hawkins H2H Hawkins Leads 6-5
Ding Junhui v Neil Robertson H2H Robertson Leads 7-6

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters Q Final Discussi

Postby gallantrabbit

Well I'd like to see Holty do something. He's had a lot of knockbacks and has always been very straightforward about them. He's beaten just about everyone in the game, but not perhaps on the big stage. Good to see he was fluent against Trump and mixed it against Gould, so he can play both ways. Other than that Mr Davis is certainly the man in form. Holt and particularly Davis are a couple of examples for Mr Lee, "oh if only I'd knuckled down and not tried to find the easy way out...". Davis has 25% of the talent Lee has...

Postby Roland

Nice use of accents there Roy!

I just want Kyren to win another and get to a semi. I know what it will mean for him and his confidence and it will be a great marker to aim at from here on no matter what.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Nice use of accents there Roy!

I just want Kyren to win another and get to a semi. I know what it will mean for him and his confidence and it will be a great marker to aim at from here on no matter what.

Yeah agree with you Sonny, and Holt too despite I never really liked him, if he beats him and reaches the semis has a good chance of his first final (has he ever reached a ranker semi?) and Holt is a good player but like he says in front of the cameras he can't quite produce the goods and his mental aspect sometimes can be similar to Ronnie's but so far so good for him.

Whoever reaches the final in the top half it will mean their first in a ranker as opposed to the experienced players from the lower one, so a lot to play for in the top half of the draw.

Postby Roland

Holt has grown on me by following him on Twitter. He's not a bad lad, his heart is in the right place so I will be happy for him reaching a semi, and you bet he'll think he deserves it more than Kyren. It should be a good match. Kyren has beaten him before so he'll fancy the job as well.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Kyren has his work cut out. Holt looks up for it.

Kyren done brilliantly but he is in very new territory here but i think hes proven himself and he is here to stay now also qualified for India and a match there against Robbie Williams/Manan Chandra and a last 16 in India looks very gettable considering the players hes beaten this week.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Holt is in new territory as well. If Kyren can just get him under a little bit of pressure we all know what can happen.

he has played in Quarters 5 times before