Post a reply

Re: RONNIE IN HOT HOT WATER

Postby Cannonball

He's bought a big jacuzzi? :john:

Re: Ronnie makes a call on match fixing

Postby SnookerFan

Fair enough on him for speaking up, if there's people he knows that are doing it. If he's not prepared to say who those people are though, his admission that it happens is useless.

Postby Cannonball

It's a huge call. The Lee case is so sad; so much talent, such a glorious cue action. All wasted now.

Postby Casey

It wasn't the right forum for him to do so. Yesterday was a victory for snooker in the face of cheats and the sport could have done without it's leading player taking to twitter for such comments that can't be challenged as opposed to an interview style forum.

Postby Roland

As Hendon said, what Ronnie has done is the equivalent of throwing a can of petrol on a burning house. I'm sure he'll be held to account for his inflamatory comments.

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

I'm watching Sky News right now and Barry Hearn is raging and saying that Ronnie should have come forward to name to names . Looks like the Rocket might be in hot water again . Expect another bout of " I'm going to retire "

Postby Wildey

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:I'm watching Sky News right now and Barry Hearn is raging and saying that Ronnie should have come forward to name to names . Looks like the Rocket might be in hot water again . Expect another bout of " I'm going to retire "

he should be held accountable for bringing the game to disrepute and serve a 6 month ban just like John Higgins did for not coming forward.

Postby SnookerFan

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:I'm watching Sky News right now and Barry Hearn is raging and saying that Ronnie should have come forward to name to names . Looks like the Rocket might be in hot water again . Expect another bout of " I'm going to retire "

Well, I think that answers the questions about whether he'd already done it, and been ignored then. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Stephen Lee gets found guilty of match fixing and instead of that being the main story, people are discussing stuff that Ronnie said. His comments even gained more press exposure than the ranking event currently going on.

Postby Smart

Wildey wrote:

he should be held acountable for bringing the game to discontent and serve a 6 month ban just like John Higgins did for not coming forward.

What Higgins agreed to and got off with are on a different scale to ROS saying there are more cheats out there. Not hard to see that snooker is vulnerable to those who want to throw games or manipulate games for synidcates...... Its just that ROS has come out and said it at a time when the game has been exposed once more - this time by greedy Lee. :clap:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:What Higgins agreed to and got off with are on a different scale to ROS saying there are more cheats out there. Not hard to see that snooker is vulnerable to those who want to throw games or manipulate games for synidcates...... Its just that ROS has come out and said it at a time when the game has been exposed once more - this time by greedy Lee. :clap:

You're doing a lot of stirring today, Smart.

Have you been on the cans of Stella?

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:What Higgins agreed to and got off with are on a different scale to ROS saying there are more cheats out there. Not hard to see that snooker is vulnerable to those who want to throw games or manipulate games for synidcates...... Its just that ROS has come out and said it at a time when the game has been exposed once more - this time by greedy Lee. :clap:

You're doing a lot of stirring today, Smart.

Have you been on the cans of Stella?

:pal: :wave:

Postby Wildey

keep on subject none of this banter crap this thread isnt remotely funny.

Postby Sickpotter

ROS opening his mouth/fingers before thinking.....how unusual.

Now he has to produce names to back his allegations or face the consequences. Not smart for someone who's having money troubles but I don't expect much from ROS if it doesn't involve a cue.

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie O'Sullivan ‏@ronnieo147 No concrete evidence of match fixing in snooker But just like everyone one who works in an office they have a good idea who's shagging who.

<doh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan ‏@ronnieo147 No concrete evidence of match fixing in snooker But just like everyone one who works in an office they have a good idea who's shagging who. <doh>

is that all hed t go on and the bbc running with the story.

jesus christ he should be banned for owning a computer if nothing else.

what a muppet

Postby Cannonball

I hope they ban ROS for a long time, it will only give him, his mgr and other players and mgrs the excuse to start their own world tour. Of course, they won't ban him, because without ROS, snooker would be irrelevant. GOAT turns the tickets over.

Postby Cannonball

Smart wrote:
Sonny wrote:I'm sure many would be quite shocked to learn you've got a 12 (?) year old girl.

relevance ?? :dizzy:

I find it funny this story and how ROS feels the need to comment via what is nothing more than a runts paradise (Twitter). :clap:

I was under the impression he was a 12 yr old girl. :john:

Postby gallantrabbit

The ills of twitter. You would think that at a time like this people would want to protect their sport. But guys like O'sullivan have no interest in helping out a little so just add a little petrol to the flames.

Postby Cannonball

gallantrabbit wrote:The ills of twitter. You would think that at a time like this people would want to protect their sport. But guys like O'sullivan have no interest in helping out a little so just add a little petrol to the flames.

To be fair to ROS, if he knows it's going on, he's got to mention it, especially, if as he alleges (his words not mine) WS are brushing things under the carpet. It may lead to a lot of short term pain, but will it lead to long term gain if the sport is finally cleaned up?

Postby gallantrabbit

He's just always more than willing to contribute towards snooker's decline. If he's insinuating that this goes on all over he's discrediting and devaluing the game. If he knows someone who's at it then whistle blow gobshite. If not try to protect the game.

Postby Cannonball

gallantrabbit wrote:He's just always more than willing to contribute towards snooker's decline. If he's insinuating that this goes on all over he's discrediting and devaluing the game. If he knows someone who's at it then whistle blow gobshite. If not try to protect the game.

To be fair, Ronnie has floated WS for a long time. Events don't sell out if he's not there. He's put a lot of money into the pockets of everyone connected to snooker. Yes, he can flip at anytime. Yes, the fans love it, and so do the media. He's put snooker on the front page of the beeb today, because it's Ronnie. And because he's the GOAT, he's set the bar for standards of play, just as Hendry did before. He's certainly done more for snooker than everyone on here put together, who then s*** him off!

I can't think of anyone who's done more for the growth of snooker, apart from Hendry and Davis. Kids pick up cues because of heroes, not pen pushers. <laugh>