Topic locked

Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters WC & L 32 Discussion

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 16th~Sunday 22nd of September at Shanghai Grand Stage, China

Last year John Higgins got his season off to the perfect start by capturing this title but his form tailed off by the end of the season. John Higgins will be hoping to successfully defend his title and go on to bigger and better things during the course of the season.

Also in the draw will be UK and Masters Champion Mark Selby, International Championship Winner Judd Trump, German Masters Champion Allister Carter who had to qualify to get here, Welsh Open Champion Stephen Maguire who after an extended summer break is playing in his first Ranking Event of the season, Mark Allen who won the World Open for the last 2 years and Neil Robertson World no 1 plus the Winner of The China Open and The Wuxi Classic. But World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan is yet again not taking part.

Who will win the 7th staging of The Shanghai Masters?

DRAW

Wild Card Round

Xiao Guodong v Yuan Siyun Never played before
Cao Yupeng v Zhou Yulong Never played before
Martin Gould v Zhao Xintong Never played before
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew Higginson v Lin Shuai Never played before
Ryan Day v Lu Ning Never played before
David Gilbert v Feng Xiongman Never played before
Mark King v Zhu Yinghui H2H King leads 1-0
Joe Perry v Wang Yuchen Never played before

Last 32

John Higgins v Mike Dunn H2H Higgins leads 1-0
Mark Davis v Allister Carter H2H Carter leads 6-5
Matthew Stevens v Peter Lines H2H Stevens leads 1-0
Stephen Maguire v Xiao Guodong/Yuan Siyun
Stuart Bingham v Kyren Wilson Never played before
Marco Fu v Cao Yupeng/Zhou Yuelong
Ricky Walden v Martin Gould/Zhao Xintong
Judd Trump v Michael Holt H2H Holt leads 2-1
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Selby v Andrew Higginson/Lin Shuai
Robert Milkins v Mark Joyce H2H 1-1
Mark Allen v Ryan Day/Lu Ning
Barry Hawkins v David Grace Never played before
Shaun Murphy v Yu De Lu Never played before
Ding Junhui v David Gilbert/Feng Xiongman
Graeme Dott v Mark King/Zhu Yinghui
Neil Robertson v Joe Perry/Wang Yuchen

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Shanghai Masters Wild Card & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby SnookerFan

Good to see Lu Ning getting on television. I might try and watch that one. (Well, get it taped anyway.)

Remember at the China Open when I watched his match against Smurph, and was the only one who watched it? (I think Ronnie or Judd must've been on the other table. Or maybe Ronnie vs Judd, can't remember.) Anyway, point is I was the only one watching Smurph.

Lu Ning played well. And not just good potting, he played a decent level of safety and when he made a mistake, he didn't let it get to him. He'd keep himself composed, in case he got a second chance. At the end, I've never seen Murphy look so devastated. He was sat slumped on his chair after the match, looking at the floor whilst everybody trailed out of the arena. I thought he was going to do an Alex Higgins, and start ordering vodkas.

I came on here proclaiming him to be the next big thing in snooker, with an excellent all-round game that was going to see him be the dominant force in the next few years. He played cack in his next game.

Re: Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters WC & L 32 Discus

Postby Wildey

British Eurosport LIVE Coverage

Monday 16th

BE1 7.30am-10.30am
BE2 7.30am-10.30am
BE2 12.30pm-3.30pm

Tuesday 17th

BE2 7.30am-10.30am
BE1 8.15am-10.30am
Eurosport Player from 12.30pm

Wednesday 18th

BE2 7.30am-10.30am
BE1 8.00am-10.30am

Thursday 19th

BE1 7.30am-10.30am
BE2 8.30am-10.30am
BE2 12.30pm-3.30pm

Friday 20th

BE1 7.30am-10.30am
BE2 8.30am-10.30am

Saturday 21st

BE1 8.15am-10.30am

Sunday 22nd

BE1 8.15am-10.30am

Other Country's Eurosport Time Table varies Please Check Listings.

Re: Shanghai Masters Wild Card & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Good to see Lu Ning getting on television. I might try and watch that one. (Well, get it taped anyway.)

Remember at the China Open when I watched his match against Smurph, and was the only one who watched it? (I think Ronnie or Judd must've been on the other table. Or maybe Ronnie vs Judd, can't remember.) Anyway, point is I was the only one watching Smurph.

Lu Ning played well. And not just good potting, he played a decent level of safety and when he made a mistake, he didn't let it get to him. He'd keep himself composed, in case he got a second chance. At the end, I've never seen Murphy look so devastated. He was sat slumped on his chair after the match, looking at the floor whilst everybody trailed out of the arena. I thought he was going to do an Alex Higgins, and start ordering vodkas.

I came on here proclaiming him to be the next big thing in snooker, with an excellent all-round game that was going to see him be the dominant force in the next few years. He played cack in his next game.

You and Sonny both have the knack of ruining Chinese snooker players careers with predictions of greatness.

Liu Song was never the same player after SOnny declared he was the best player to lift a cue since Ding ! <ok>

Postby Smart

Wildey wrote:British Eurosport LIVE Coverage

Monday 16th

BE1 7.30am-10.30am
BE2 7.30am-10.30am
BE2 12.30pm-3.30pm

Tuesday 17th

BE2 7.30am-10.30am
BE1 8.15am-10.30am

Wednesday 18th

BE2 7.30am-10.30am
BE1 8.00am-10.30am

Thursday 19th

BE1 7.30am-10.30am
BE2 8.30am-10.30am
BE2 12.30pm-3.30pm

Friday 20th

BE1 7.30am-10.30am
BE2 8.30am-10.30am

Saturday 21st

BE1 8.15am-10.30am

Sunday 22nd

BE1 8.15am-10.30am

Other Country's Eurosport Time Table varies Please Check Listings.

very poor coverage it has to be said, if you have not got the ES player then you are a bit knackered and will have to put up a stream from CCTV or some other dodgey provider. :td:

Eurosport player :td:

Postby Wildey

in the first 2 Ranking tournament of the season Neil Robertson reached the Final Beating John Higgins in Wuxi and loosing to Marco Fu in Australia.

Can he make the final again this time?

he has a potential banana skin in the Last 32 if he faces his old mate Joe Perry or maybe a match against Wang Yuchen who pushed both Cao Yupeng and Jamie Cope in to deciders in Wild Card matches last season.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Hmmmm,correct me if i,m wrong,but i can,t see Ronnie O'Sullivans name anywhere in the line-up!.

I think I read somewhere that he's entering the International Championship.

Well,i guess Ronnie deserves a break till then. :-D

Postby Andre147

hendry_fan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Hmmmm,correct me if i,m wrong,but i can,t see Ronnie O'Sullivans name anywhere in the line-up!.

Well,i guess Ronnie deserves a break till then. :-D

He will play in a lot more tournaments this season compared to last where he only played the Worlds and won, and yes as World Champion I think he should play in at least the new Indian Open event and maybe one more chinese event, but his schedule for the season is more than acceptable if he does indeed compete in everything he has said he will, and in an era where pick and choose will become more an more frequent amongst the players, there is no harm in it. And besides, next season prize money rankings will be the norm and I think Ronnie on prize money ranks this season is sitting on number 4 due to his win on the Worlds, so a very good spot to be in.

I'll watch this event with or without him as I always do, cause there are a lot more exciting players out there to root for. Hope it's a good event like last year with that amazing final.

Postby Wildey

Monday 16th of September

7.30am

Shaun Murphy v Yu De Lu TV
Xiao Guodong v Yuan Siyun TV
Cao Yupeng v Zhou Yuelong
Joe Perry v Wang Yuchen

12.30pm

John Higgins v Mike Dunn TV
Ryan Day v Lu Ning TV
Martin Gould v Zhao Xintong
David Gilbert v Feng Xiongman

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
He will play in a lot more tournaments this season compared to last where he only played the Worlds and won, and yes as World Champion I think he should play in at least the new Indian Open event and maybe one more chinese event, but his schedule for the season is more than acceptable if he does indeed compete in everything he has said he will, and in an era where pick and choose will become more an more frequent amongst the players, there is no harm in it. And besides, next season prize money rankings will be the norm and I think Ronnie on prize money ranks this season is sitting on number 4 due to his win on the Worlds, so a very good spot to be in.

I'll watch this event with or without him as I always do, cause there are a lot more exciting players out there to root for. Hope it's a good event like last year with that amazing final.

Therein lies the issue with Prize Money rankings. You can enter one tournament, win it, and be ranked that high up.

Won't be an issue that often, though. It's unlikely that anybody is going to do what Ronnie did, though. I don't think anybody can debate how difficult it is to take a year out, and still win the Crucible.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Well,i guess Ronnie deserves a break till then.

Wow,Andre147,we finaly agree on sumthin for once!. ;-)

In all seriousness though,yep,Ronnie should only take part in the tourneys he feels the need to,although as you say,he really should at least take part in at least 1 tournament in China as well as the odd tourney here and there abroad.

I think most of the players would do the same if they were in Ronnies position,mind you if he wants to hunt down,beat Hendrys titles haul,then he actually should be entering as much as he can,but yeah,it,s understandable that in spite of that,that he wants to take things easier.

Ronnie might still be able to beat Hendrys centurys record,it obviously depends on how long he decides to continue to play,how long his form holds,he also has a chance to equal or even beat Hendrys world titles as well as pinch a record here and there but all of thats of course far easier said than done.

Ronnie,s form,top standard of play will collapse at some point,so he should really make the most of it while he can.

Anyway,enough of Ronnie for the moment,as you say,there are many other players who are also good to watch. :-)

Come on John Higgins,a repeat of last year would be just what the DR ordered. :D

Postby hendry_fan

Smart wrote:LIVE scores still not working from official site, what an utter farce <ok>

Yep,Pathetic behaviour from the official site,surely it can,t be that bl**dy difficult get working,or maybe the responsibles are still in there beds!. :zzz: :roll:

Postby Wildey

hendry_fan wrote:
Smart wrote:LIVE scores still not working from official site, what an utter farce <ok>

Yep,Pathetic behaviour from the official site,surely it can,t be that bl**dy difficult get working,or maybe the responsibles are still in there beds!. :zzz: :roll:

@SportStat_Live

@wildey_1 http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/ ... ment/13607 … has frame updates for now, investigating other problems