Post a reply

Re: An evening with Barry Hearn and Steve Davis

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:It could be worse, it could be an evening with Stephen Hendry.

for me it has got worst you has just posted again <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:Yes, that would be dire.

Did Hendry ever win 'Sports Personality of the Year'? That would have been a travesty.

No, he didn't.

I'm sure he'd be too upset though. Seven World Titles and an MBE, he's not going to care if he won some shitty BBC popularity contest or not.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

Did Hendry ever win 'Sports Personality of the Year'? That would have been a travesty.

No, he didn't.

I'm sure he'd be too upset though. Seven World Titles and an MBE, he's not going to care if he won some shitty BBC popularity contest or not.

He has got closer than Jimmy White and Ronnie O'Sullivan to win it though.

Postby SnookerFan

He came in second in 1990. (I googled that, that's not my expert knowledge.)

Do you think Steve Davis boasts about that to Hendry? "You may have won more ranking events, more world titles and more Masters titles than me. But I got SPOTY, lovely lady." <laugh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:He came in second in 1990. (I googled that, that's not my expert knowledge.)

Do you think Steve Davis boasts about that to Hendry? "You may have won more ranking events, more world titles and more Masters titles than me. But I got SPOTY, lovely lady." <laugh>

in 1990 Hendry was very SPOTY lol

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:

No, he didn't.

I just noticed my typo. <laugh> I am, in fact, sure he'd not be too upset.