Topic locked

World Championship Prediction Contest - Discussion!

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:They'd have to be odds on to be favirite in the first place ...

go down the years theres been quite a bit 7/4 against 6/5

Postby Bourne

That would make no sense at all, you could back a million pounds on each outcome and be guaranteed return ... please show me the bookies that offer these odds on a 2 horse race and I promise to pay you 5% commission rofl

Postby GJ

thetubberlad wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
Cheesyman99 wrote:Can we have a matchplay competition as well?

good idea, i asked for one in china but it went unanswered.
we had matchplay for the world champ quals so seems right to follow it through on the main event

Sorry. This is the main event of the season, and I think it would be a bit ridiculous to have two people claiming ot be 'World Champion'. I'm sticking with one tournament. Template is up.

i agree with tubber :ahh:

Postby Roland

Christ, I have one round in one event where my instinct took me to predict 16 seeds without even spotting it, 15 of them won and now I'm being accused of never picking against seeds!

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:Christ, I have one round in one event where my instinct took me to predict 16 seeds without even spotting it, 15 of them won and now I'm being accused of never picking against seeds!

i was joking knew you would take the bait

rofl <laugh>

Postby Wildey

wildJONESEYE wrote:not often you get that if ever at the crucible all the seeds are favirate but not only that Odds on favirite.

jesus christ i thought i started a thread in my sleep now lol

Re: Betfred.com World Championship prediction contest 2010

Postby Rocket_ron

quagmire wrote:John Higgins 10-0 Barry Hawkins (Hawkins doesn't score a point)
Mark King 10-0 Steve Davis (Davis is drinking red wine throughout the match)
Neil Robertson 0-10 Fergal O'Brien (Fergal makes 4 maximums)
Marco Fu 7-0 Martin Gould (Gould retires with cramp in his right buttock)
Allister Carter 1-10 Jamie Cope (Carter opens with a 152 break but then doesn't pot a ball thereafter)
Joe Perry 5-1 Michael Holt (Holt retires after breaking both his hands on the table in frustration)
Ding Junhui 4-4 Stuart Pettman (Both players agree the draw and call it quits)
Shaun Murphy 10-10 Gerard Greene (There is a miscalculation on the frames played as ref Jan Verhaas is under the influence)
Stephen Maguire 1-1 Stephen Lee (The match is abandoned amid rumours of matchfixing. Lee entered the arena with £50 notes bulging out of his pockets).
Peter Ebdon 7-6 Graeme Dott (Match called off at 5.37 am after a ball was not potted for 43 minutes)
Mark Allen 1-0 Tom Ford (Ford taken to hospital after one of Allen's fist pumps catches the bridge of Ford's nose).
Ryan Day 6-5 Mark Davis (Ryan concedes to go and marry his sister)
Mark Selby 10-1 Ken Doherty (Doherty wins his only frame when Selby decides to resort to Plan 'B' at 7-0 up. He returns 12 minutes later).
Stephen Hendry 0-0 Anda Zhang (Match ababdoned when Zhang falls into the green pocket and the fire brigade are called)
Mark Williams 16-0 Marcus Campbell (After winning the first 10 frames Williams asks Campbell if he wants to play a few more frames for £10,000 a frame,Campbell stupidily agrees).
Ronnie O'Sullivan 1-2 Liang Wenbo (O'Sullivan plays whole match with towel on his head,and then concedes after missing a red when leading 83-0 in the 4th frame).

tournament Finalists : Willie Thorne and Doug Mountjoy

Maximum break tips: Terry Camilleri and Richi Persad

:chin: :chin: :chin:

Re: Betfred.com World Championship prediction contest 2010

Postby Cheesyman99

rocket_ron wrote:
quagmire wrote:John Higgins 10-0 Barry Hawkins (Hawkins doesn't score a point)
Mark King 10-0 Steve Davis (Davis is drinking red wine throughout the match)
Neil Robertson 0-10 Fergal O'Brien (Fergal makes 4 maximums)
Marco Fu 7-0 Martin Gould (Gould retires with cramp in his right buttock)
Allister Carter 1-10 Jamie Cope (Carter opens with a 152 break but then doesn't pot a ball thereafter)
Joe Perry 5-1 Michael Holt (Holt retires after breaking both his hands on the table in frustration)
Ding Junhui 4-4 Stuart Pettman (Both players agree the draw and call it quits)
Shaun Murphy 10-10 Gerard Greene (There is a miscalculation on the frames played as ref Jan Verhaas is under the influence)
Stephen Maguire 1-1 Stephen Lee (The match is abandoned amid rumours of matchfixing. Lee entered the arena with £50 notes bulging out of his pockets).
Peter Ebdon 7-6 Graeme Dott (Match called off at 5.37 am after a ball was not potted for 43 minutes)
Mark Allen 1-0 Tom Ford (Ford taken to hospital after one of Allen's fist pumps catches the bridge of Ford's nose).
Ryan Day 6-5 Mark Davis (Ryan concedes to go and marry his sister)
Mark Selby 10-1 Ken Doherty (Doherty wins his only frame when Selby decides to resort to Plan 'B' at 7-0 up. He returns 12 minutes later).
Stephen Hendry 0-0 Anda Zhang (Match ababdoned when Zhang falls into the green pocket and the fire brigade are called)
Mark Williams 16-0 Marcus Campbell (After winning the first 10 frames Williams asks Campbell if he wants to play a few more frames for £10,000 a frame,Campbell stupidily agrees).
Ronnie O'Sullivan 1-2 Liang Wenbo (O'Sullivan plays whole match with towel on his head,and then concedes after missing a red when leading 83-0 in the 4th frame).

tournament Finalists : Willie Thorne and Doug Mountjoy

Maximum break tips: Terry Camilleri and Richi Persad

:chin: :chin: :chin:

I LOL'ed