Post a reply

Re: Australia Goldfields Open Final Discussion !!!

Postby Skullman

Had to pop out near the end of the match. Sounds like Robbo only won the eighth because of a Selby kick, but doesn't look like there was anything lucky about his ton in the last. I'd say he was the better player at the end of the match anyway. Shame for Selby as he needs to rack up some trophies. Was a good match.

Anyway, good luck to Robbo for the final tomorrow, shame I can't see it. Really is the man to beat this season.

Postby Casey

Don't take Fu lightly, he is top class on form. In the top 3 for underachievers in my book.

Robbo though is on a great run, 3rd ranking final in his last 4 events, shame he had that blip at the WC.

How many ranking events do people think he can win by the end of his career? Is Mark Williams total out of sight for him? (17)

Postby Andre147

Jewell wrote:Doesn't Williams have 18?

Anyway, Robbo won't be getting anywhere near that.

I wouldn't be so certain if he carries on like this, though I too don't think he can reach 18 titles, 15 or 16 at best.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:Looks like Robbo will win another meaningless tournament. Can't wait to see him lose in the first round of the world championship like he usually does. <ok>

hes won the World title so that sentence was meaningless.

Muppet :love: Robbo

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Robbo is building up a really nice collection of tin pot trophies this year.

that's the mark of greatness collecting trophies big and small.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:That's what I really like about snooker: every time you think a player is unbeatable and unstoppable, someone like Marco Fu comes around (basically out of nowhere) and gives him a match.

he hasent come from nowhere hes played the best snooker out of everyone this week

People been commenting on this match without knowing the facts and thinking it was nailed on for Robbo.

the only question mark on this match was could fu carry that form on to the title.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:That's what I really like about snooker: every time you think a player is unbeatable and unstoppable, someone like Marco Fu comes around (basically out of nowhere) and gives him a match.

he hasent come from nowhere hes played the best snooker out of everyone this week

People been commenting on this match without knowing the facts and thinking it was nailed on for Robbo.

the only question mark on this match was could fu carry that form on to the title.

That's not what I meant. Fu may have played the best snooker all week (I don't know haven't watched his previous matches) but it was completely unpredictable just a week ago that Marco would have such a great run and now has a great chance to beat the man of the moment.

Or do you disagree?

Postby Muppet147

Jewell wrote:Robbo's getting bashed up on his own patch, in front of his own people. What an embarrassment!

Though it is pleasing to see the over-rated Australian losing, I think it is a shame he couldn't be humiliated by Milky again.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Robbo's getting bashed up on his own patch, in front of his own people. What an embarrassment!

whats embarrassing losing a match against another top player you don't half talk through your bottom at times <doh>

Postby Skullman

Well done Marco :hatoff:

Most of us expected Robbo to win, but Marco reminded any of us forgetful enough to not remember that nothing's certain in snooker. And who knows, maybe Marco winning helped Chinese TV figures enough to keep this tournament going.

Postby Skullman

Some quick patterns (for those who are interested)

Every Australian Open final has had a former World Champion in it and they've lost every time (MJW, Ebdon and now Robbo)
There's been a left handed player in each final (MJW, Hawkins and Robbo)
This was the first Aussie Open final that had a non-English player in.