Topic locked

Australia Goldfields Open Quarter Final Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 8th~Sunday 14th of July at The Bendigo Stadium, Victoria, Australia

Defending Champion Barry Hawkins and 2011 Champion Stuart Bingham both lost out in the Last 16 to Tom Ford and Joe Perry Respectively.

But still there is China Open and Wuxi Classic Champion Neil Robertson and UK and Masters Champion Mark Selby

Who will bite the dust in this round and Who will be astep closer to Glory?

DRAW

Quarter Final

Tom Ford v Robert Milkins H2H Milkins leads 4-2
Dominic Dale v Marco Fu H2H Dale leads 4-1
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Robertson v Joe Perry H2H Perry leads 7-5
Mark Davis v Mark Selby H2H Selby leads 12-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Australia Goldfields Open Quarter Final Discussion !!!

Postby Odrl

If Milkins wins tomorrow, he will reach his second major ranking semi-final in a row, by beating Robbie Williams, John Astley, Jimmy White, Scott Donaldson, Anthony Hamilton, Ben Woollaston, Rory McLeod and Tom Ford on his way.

I know he can't affect what other players do and can only beat what's in front of him, but it would be quite remarkable for him to reach two semi-finals in a row without ever being second favourite for a match. He has played very well though, to be fair to him. ;-)

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:This really is a tinpot tournament. Did the proper players just not bother to show up?

the proper players are there you cant be called a player by not playing.

the non playing personal that's not there who are tin pot.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:This really is a tinpot tournament. Did the proper players just not bother to show up?

the proper players are there you cant be called a player by not playing.

the non playing personal that's not there who are tin pot.

This tournament won't be around for much longer, it seems.

that is the fault of a few tin pot men that are a tad stupid <ok>

Postby Wildey

you obviously showing your ignorance there.

how do you think china puts on 5 tournaments today?

answer is BARRY HEARN you see in the 80s when Barry first took snooker to china snooker had a proper World Champion that did the hard yard instead of the waste of space champion we have at the moment and a few pre Madonnas that think they are above doing their bit to make snooker bigger on a far bigger platform than china.

Postby SteveJJ

What an ill informed comment. 5 of the 8 quarter finalists in the provisional top 16 - the other 3 in the top 23 - one of whom has won a tournament already this season.

What constitutes proper players in your view if not those in the upper echelons of the game? (ie in the top 20% of the rankings)

Postby Roland

SteveJJ wrote:

What an ill informed comment. 5 of the 8 quarter finalists in the provisional top 16 - the other 3 in the top 23 - one of whom has won a tournament already this season.

What constitutes proper players in your view if not those in the upper echelons of the game? (ie in the top 20% of the rankings)

He only likes players who play fast it seems.

Postby SnookerFan

pleong0104 wrote:Dominic Dale 1-5 Marco Fu
Mark Davis 3-5 Mark Selby

Shame for Dale. He's a likeable sort, who I always enjoy seeing in the latter stages of tournaments. Can't complain too much though, as I quite like Marco Fu.

Also, Selby playing in the semi-finals seemed unlikely at the start of the week. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

He only likes players who play fast it seems.

Vinnie Calabrese will turn out to be one of his faves in years to come :redneck:

Postby GJ

controlled the match to go 3-0 ahead then Mark came back at me and played some good snooker so I was pleased to win in the end," said world number two Selby. "I'm trying to just go out there and enjoy playing. It's a great venue with great playing conditions, it's just a shame that a lot of the top players have not shown up, considering how good a tournament it is."

Davis said: "I just missed a couple of tricky balls and I was 3-0 down. I got back to 3-3 but then he kept me quiet for the last two frames and that's what the top players do. I feel as if I'm not playing as well as I can, but I keep battling and that has won me a few matches. I hope we'll be back next year because the crowds and the conditions have been great."

selby and mavis

:hatoff: :spot on:

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
GJ wrote:STUNNING

2 tons

2-0

Were all the balls there for him or did he have to engineer the breaks himself? :wave:

does it matter?

after all Robbo has engineered the best 147 ive ever seen.

Postby Andre147

2 tons

2-0

yes brilliant from Robbo though he has to be careful cause Perry keeps coming back and won't give the game that easy to him, though Perry is suspect in the latter stages of matches.

Want another Selby v Robbo clash, like snookerfan said, they hadn't met in a ranker up until last season, and now it seems they meet almost every ranker in which both reach the semis or better, and of course that UK quarter clash.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:

2 tons

2-0

yes brilliant from Robbo though he has to be careful cause Perry keeps coming back and won't give the game that easy to him, though Perry is suspect in the latter stages of matches.

Want another Selby v Robbo clash, like snookerfan said, they hadn't met in a ranker up until last season, and now it seems they meet almost every ranker in which both reach the semis or better, and of course that UK quarter clash.

Perry is in the form of his life at the moment and when he goes behind hes got that thought to fall back on.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

2 tons

2-0

Perry is in the form of his life at the moment and when he goes behind hes got that thought to fall back on.

Yes very true, he's playing great snooker recently.