Topic locked

Australia Goldfields Open WC & Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 8th~Sunday 14th of July at The Bendigo Stadium, Victoria, Australia

Barry Hawkins after a successful 12 months is Ready to defend his title he won with a 9-3 victory over Peter Ebdon, this year though Peter Ebdon wont be there after suffering a early loss in Qualifying against Mike Dunn 5-2.

Mark Williams, Mark Allen, Ali Carter, John Higgins and World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan will not be there for this they have decided not to enter.

But joining defending champion Barry Hawkins there are Ding Junhui, Ricky Walden, Ken Doherty, Shaun Murphy, Martin Gould, Marco Fu, Mark Selby, Former Champion Stuart Bingham and Australia's Former World Champion Neil Robertson.

Who will come away with the Australian Open Trophy?

DRAW

Wild Card Round

Mike Dunn v Steve Mifsud H2H Mifsud leads 1-0
Michael White v Shaun Daltz Never Played before

Last 32

Barry Hawkins v Dechawat Poomjaeng H2H Hawkins leads 1-0
Tom Ford v Ryan Day H2H 3-3
Robert Milkins v Ben Woollaston H2H Milkins leads 2-1
Ding Junhui v Rory McLeod Never Played before
Ricky Walden v Fergal O’Brien H2H O'Brien leads 2-0
Dominic Dale v Mike Dunn H2H Dale leads 1-0
Marco Fu v Ken Doherty H2H Doherty leads 6-4
Shaun Murphy v Michael White H2H White leads 1-0
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Robertson v Marcus Campbell H2H Robertson leads 5-1
Martin Gould v Jamie Cope H2H Cope leads 3-1
Joe Perry v Xiao Guodong H2H Perry leads 1-0
Stuart Bingham v Noppon Saengkham Never played before
Mark Davis v Paul S Davison H2H Davis leads 1-0
Michael Holt v Alfie Burden H2H Holt leads 1-0
Andrew Higginson v Zhang Anda H2H Higginson leads 2-1
Mark Selby v Ian Burns Never played before

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Australia Goldfields Open WC & Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:Seems a bit quiet around here. Was looking for the Contest thread. A bit late to start one now though

why?

there's 7 days before the tournament starts

Postby Wildey

randam05 WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:Heard rumours that Eurosport won't be showing this?

CORRECT

For Shame. :sad:

Im away for the week so how can I record and watch later on? :sad:

impossible :td:

Postby GJ

Please note that due to a high volume of other live programming, Eurosport only has limited coverage of this event. However you can watch the event on the Eurosport Player

Postby hendry_fan

GJ wrote:Please note that due to a high volume of other live programming, Eurosport only has limited coverage of this event. However you can watch the event on the Eurosport Player

PLEASE NOTE!!!!,......that your Aussie punk kangaroo Robbo is gonna get sent back home,ah well,at least he doesn,t have far to drive back to. :happy:

Marcus Campbell,will be the fist-pumper.

:wave: Tattie bye Robbo!. :-D

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Please note that due to a high volume of other live programming, Eurosport only has limited coverage of this event. However you can watch the event on the Eurosport Player

that's a load of bullocks anyway they showing World university games FFS

What a load of cockerel.

Postby Wildey

Monday 8th of July

1am

Mike Dunn v Steve Mifsud
Michael White v Shaun Daltz

Not Before 3am

Barry Hawkins v Dechawat Poomjaeng
Tom Ford v Ryan Day

Followed By

Stuart Bingham v Noppon Saengkham
Martin Gould v Jamie Cope

Not Before 10am

Neil Robertson v Marcus Campbell
Andrew Higginson v Zhang Anda

as has been pointed out Eurosport is not covering this event Live instead showing a load of crap but there you go..

i guess the Time Zone was the clincher for them.

anyway Eurosport Player will have coverage (that is by far the most shitty stream ive ever seen) or maybe those that has access to a betting site could access it that way or maybe SportLemmon is another option (personally i have no problem using sport lemmon because i help pay for stream)

Whichever way you will view, it will be a great tournament.

Postby Wildey

Monday 8th of July

1am

Mike Dunn 5-4 Steve Mifsud
Michael White 5-0 Shaun Daltz

Not Before 3am

Barry Hawkins 3-1 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Tom Ford 5-3 Ryan Day

Followed By

Stuart Bingham v Noppon Saengkham
Martin Gould 1-1 Jamie Cope

Not Before 10am

Neil Robertson v Marcus Campbell
Andrew Higginson v Zhang Anda

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

that's a load of bullocks anyway they showing World university games FFS

What a load of cockerel.

It is a load of cockerel.

Oooh we can pay extra to watch it on the internet, can we? And what about those of us who work during the day or don't want to watch in the middle of the night, and wanted to get it taped? <doh>

You'd think after two weeks of wanky Wimbledon, it'd be about time they put a real sport on telly.

Postby Wildey

Mike Dunn was 3-1 down to Steve Mifsud, Mifsud had a top break of 51 i frame 2 but after the interval Mike Dunn cam back Making a break of 82 in frame 6. Was not a convincing display but he goes forward to the Last 32 and a match with Dominic Dale.

In Frame 2 Michael White made a Break of 122 on the way to over powering a out of his depth Shaun Dalitz

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I see on Twitter you are watching on the Eurosport player, Mr. Wild. Enjoying the Australian commentary team? <laugh>

In slightly less important news, what match / matches are you watching? What do you think of today's play so far?

not watched much woke up went to the Toilet put Eurosport Player on watched 4 shots went back to sleep lol

no indication on standard of play i just felt tired :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Mike Dunn turned Pro in 1991 and Dominic Dale in 1992 and only met once before at the 2007 Northern Ireland Trophy Dale winning 5-1.

Interesting how that happens sometimes. I remember for a long time Mark Williams and Ronnie hadn't played that often. Then suddenly they were playing each other loads.

Maybe it's less surprising with players like Mike Dunn who, with no disrespect meant, isn't the most successful player. It's still surprising with all the extra tournaments they have these days, that they haven't played more than once before though.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:not watched much woke up went to the Toilet put Eurosport Player on watched 4 shots went back to sleep lol

My insomnia is slowly coming back. Not bad as last year when I was getting two or three hours of sleep a night, but still taking me an hour and half / two hours a night to get to sleep.

Not that you cared about how tired I constantly am at the moment. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Martin Gould 4-5 Jamie Cope

Gould results going slightly tits up of late after getting in the top 16 a bit similar to cope in fact currently ranked 23rd and 40th respectively.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Martin Gould 4-5 Jamie Cope

Gould results going slightly tits up of late after getting in the top 16 a bit similar to cope in fact currently ranked 23rd and 40th respectively.

They are rather, aren't they? :chin:

It's a bad sign when even Jamie Cope doesn't bottle it against you. rofl

Postby Wildey

Stuart Bingham 4-0 Noppon Saengkham

that's not a surprising result really Noppon did brilliantly just to qualify in only his second tournament back on the tour from the 1st round but bingham is a hard man to beat these days

Postby Odrl

Wildey wrote:not watched much woke up went to the Toilet put Eurosport Player on watched 4 shots went back to sleep lol

I woke up for the last two frames of Hawkins-Poomjaeng, then went to bed and just listened to the sound for an hour. Not really as good as actually watching it. :-)

Anyway, Hawkins finished very solidly, I think three visits to win the last two frames, not really giving Poomjaeng much chance. The stats showed him at 93% pot success after the match.

Bingham is over 90% as well, leading 4-0, but Saengkham did throw away some good chances.

Interesting to have the studio stuff and the original commentary on Eurosport player. On the tournaments they actually cover they just have the picture. ;-)