Post a reply

Re: Carter Diagnosed With Cancer

Postby Wildey

God health wise Carter has had it tough and its just getting tougher.

Personally i dont particularly like Carter as a Person he moans about the most pathetic things and im no hypocrite that's still exactly how i feel about him But i want him back healthy and moan about the most pathetic things Soon.

Postby Alpha

First Crohn's disease and now this. Get well soon Carter, I'm rooting for you the whole way. God bless.

Postby Skullman

He's pretty unlucky isn't he? Crohn's is bad enough and cancer on top of that. Hope he gets through it.

Postby SnookerFan

The BBC sports news this morning made no mention of Ali. They were too busy reminding us that Wimbledon was on and that Andy Murray exists.

I suppose it's for the best. The last thing Ali needs at this time is a massive media intrusion. I just find it a shame that when useless racists like Jade Goody get cancer, the press fall over themselves to pretend she's a saint but ignore others.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:The BBC sports news this morning made no mention of Ali. They were too busy reminding us that Wimbledon was on and that Andy Murray exists.

I suppose it's for the best. The last thing Ali needs at this time is a massive media intrusion. I just find it a shame that when useless racists like Jade Goody get cancer, the press fall over themselves to pretend she's a saint but ignore others.

Does it really Matter its a illness id not want it splattered across the web that's for sure.

let him fight it privately then come back fighting and make on table headlines.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Does it really Matter its a illness id not want it splattered across the web that's for sure.

let him fight it privately then come back fighting and make on table headlines.

Good point. :hatoff:

Postby Roland

To be honest I'm already getting tired of reading about it and it was only announced yesterday. I'm sure Hazel will only mention it a million times during the UK so we've still got that to look forward to. In the mean time good luck to him and I hope he's back playing and losing to Selby as soon as possible.

Postby Wildey

a precedent has been set so professionally his Ranking will be Frozen until hes ready to come back playing i guess.

Postby Roland

That's how it was in the old system with Paul Hunter but how will that work in a moneylist system?

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:To be honest I'm already getting tired of reading about it and it was only announced yesterday. I'm sure Hazel will only mention it a million times during the UK so we've still got that to look forward to. In the mean time good luck to him and I hope he's back playing and losing to Selby as soon as possible.

I guess, despite my BBC/Jade Goody objection I'd rather the media didn't go over the top with it. I was merely pointing out the wanky double standards.

Saying that, I'm guessing the people you've heard mention it were snooker fans on twitter and the like. It's nice that some people care enough to mention.

Postby Wildey

well its shocking news and i guess had Twitter/Facebook had the impact back in 2005 then Paul Hunter would have got the same instant Messages of support Carter is having.

im sure Carter takes comfort from them but at the end of the day Carter has to live his life fighting this thing and live as normal a life as he can and constant reminders not helpful so i hope people will let it be and treat him normally and not suddenly like him because of cancer.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Ali Carter ‏@TheCaptain147
Hi everyone. Surgery went well, am feeling very sore and been told to take it easy 4 a month. Thanks everyone u have been a massive strength

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Ali Carter ‏@TheCaptain147
Hi everyone. Surgery went well, am feeling very sore and been told to take it easy 4 a month. Thanks everyone u have been a massive strength

<ok>

Postby Roland

http://snookerscene.blogspot.se/2013/07 ... ancer.html

wild said...

I wish him all the very best. Perhaps those players who spend a lot of time whining about having to play too much or travel too far can now see how shallow they are.
----------------------------------
well one of those players was Ali Carter.

:clap:

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:http://snookerscene.blogspot.se/2013/07/ali-carter-treated-for-cancer.html

wild said...

I wish him all the very best. Perhaps those players who spend a lot of time whining about having to play too much or travel too far can now see how shallow they are.
----------------------------------
well one of those players was Ali Carter.

:clap:

Are you suggesting he deserved it? :chin:

Postby Wildey

Sonny was not suggesting that but that person on SSB had selective memory on who was the biggest moaner of all.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Sonny was not suggesting that but that person on SSB had selective memory on who was the biggest moaner of all.

Yeah, no I realised what he meant. Probably just making light of a situation that wasn't funny. My fault rather than anybody elses. :hatoff:

Postby Roland

Not making light of anything, just tickled me that whoever wrote that obviously didn't realise the irony of their words till Wild pointed it out.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Not making light of anything, just tickled me that whoever wrote that obviously didn't realise the irony of their words till Wild pointed it out.

I meant I was making light of it by making a joke.

Shall I just quit whilst I'm behind? :-(

Postby vodkadiet

If any of you knew anything about Testicular Cancer, you would know it really isn't a serious cancer at all. For you young guys out there just check your bullocks after a shower or a bath once a month!

Postby roy142857

vodkadiet wrote:If any of you knew anything about Testicular Cancer, you would know it really isn't a serious cancer at all. For you young guys out there just check your bullocks after a shower or a bath once a month!

Don't know about not serious - 70 UK deaths in 2008 for instance

If you mean to say, catch it early & you probably won't die from it, guess you're right - 99%+ survival rate if caught early, hence the need to get men checking!

Overall better than 90% survival rate, and it's down from 12 deaths per million males in the 1970's to 2 deaths per million males now, so the survival rate is improving.

Postby vodkadiet

roy142857 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:If any of you knew anything about Testicular Cancer, you would know it really isn't a serious cancer at all. For you young guys out there just check your bullocks after a shower or a bath once a month!

Don't know about not serious - 70 UK deaths in 2008 for instance

If you mean to say, catch it early & you probably won't die from it, guess you're right - 99%+ survival rate if caught early, hence the need to get men checking!

Overall better than 90% survival rate, and it's down from 12 deaths per million males in the 1970's to 2 deaths per million males now, so the survival rate is improving.

Yes Roy, I mean if caught early. I am past the age of checking now, but for those guys between 20 and 37 keep having a look, or book regular appointments with a tasty nurse and ask her to have a look! <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

From the BBC Live newstream today.

Ali Carter says he is "not out of the woods yet" after being told his testicular cancer scare requires further investigation. Two-time world finalist Carter, 33, has already undergone an operation.

He tweeted: "Further investigation is required. Seeing oncologist Friday now to talk through treatment options. So not out the woods yet! But staying positive and a big Thank you to all my friends and followers for your continued supporT."

Postby Roland

Yeah great news. Every man can sympathise with Ali and the whole snooker community is behind him. Great news that he's been given the all clear and can get back to playing snooker, albeit with his known condition. Poor sod, he's been dealt a tough hand to start with and then he goes and gets cancer! You couldn't make it up. It makes having a bad run of the ball seem as trivial as it is.

Postby Wildey

i think its a tad on the early side to get the ALL CLEAR i hope hes not put the cart before the horse...

its great news though that he is on the right track.