Post a reply

Asif and Mohammed Not On Tour

Postby SteveJJ

Mohammed Asif and Saleh Mohammed didn't confirm their nominations so will be replaced.

One has been replaced by a new Thai player. Hull is on the list iso he must have confirmed his place.

Re: Asif and Mohammed Not On Tour

Postby roy142857

Ratchayothin Yotharuck of Thailand reached the Last 16 in the Asian Championship and was a losing semi-finalist in the Asian Under 21 Championship. Seems a strange choice but perhaps the only player willing to start late?

Postby roy142857

I'm just left guessing because the 1st place they'd look would be the IBSF World Championship runner-up Gary Wilson, but Wilson is already on Tour via the PTC route.

Losing semi-finalists were Noppon Saengkham who is already on Tour as Asian Under 21 Champion, and Malta's Alex Borg. Borg could be the logical choice, but age 44, will he want to?

Edit (early in the morning so I started including details of 2011 Championship and Under 21 Championship!).

My pick would be China's Zhu Yinghui, runner-up in last year's IBSF Under 21 World Championship. (Might complicate things in that he's due to compete in this year's Under 21 Championship from 11th July ...)

Losing quarter finalists in the 2012 IBSF World Championship were Zhu Yinghui, Mohammad Rais Senzahi (Afghanistan), Omar Alkojah (Syria) and England's Billy Castle.

Postby sigsky

Well, thanks for this thread

I decided last year to attempt to track all 96 professional's performance tourney by tourney. Wasn't that tough.

Of course this year we have 133 but I still want to do it. It took me quite a while to identify the 133 but I finally did it. Problem is they keep changing, even mid season. Latest is Alex Borg. What is he doing in the last 128 of EPTC5 and the International? Oh, he's one of the 2013 IBSF nominees but I already have 2.
Turns out Muhammed Asif has either decline his nomination or it has been revoked. Only event he has played in is 6 Reds as far as I can tell. So Borg is in and Asif is out. What web site should I be following to keep up with this.

Forgive me, very new to snooker, had no clue who Alex Borg is but looking forward to seeing him on streaming video perhaps.

Postby Roland

Borg has been around for years, Malta's number 2 after Drago. Good player but not exactly a prospect.

Postby SteveJJ

You'd expect to find a lot of this information on worldsnooker.com with it being the governing bodies website but it can be hit and miss.

Looking at the provisional money rankings on snooker.org seems to suggest that along with Ben Judge and Hossein Vafei Ayouri, the likes of Passakorn Suwannawat and Khaled Bellaid won't be competing any more/at all, along with Igor, of course.

Postby Roland

I heard that Passakorn has failed to be given any more funding from the Thai snooker authorities due to his results and general lazy attitude to practicing, so he won't be coming back.

Postby Skullman

Apparently the info on worldsnooker.com is so poor that I didn't know that this Khaled Bellaid was on the tour.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Apparently the info on worldsnooker.com is so poor that I didn't know that this Khaled Bellaid was on the tour.

snap

its amateurish beyond belief.

Basic website administration.