Post a reply

Re: Reanne hits out at wildcards

Postby Wildey

Bottom line is if Reanne wants to get somewhere in the game she needs to beat these players anyway and worried about a wild card is a tad negative.

personally i dont think Reanne is worried about losing she just feels its a un just system having wild cards in chinese events these days because they are so good.

i hope in years to come Chinese Qualifiers will be played in china with chinese players being used as Top up players.

i dont think Top up players should be part of the Wild Card matches anyway they aren't on Tour and their chances is limited based on pros entering.

Had a look at Reanne's Q School results she won 5 Matches in Q School without getting on tour so i think she is pretty high up and possibly she will get another chance later in the season.

Postby Casey

I hope she comes through. I am sure a match up against Robbo would be top billing.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:I hope she comes through. I am sure a match up against Robbo would be top billing.

it will be but unfortunately for us in our time zone the match will be 3am lol

Postby Casey

Wildey wrote:
Casey wrote:I hope she comes through. I am sure a match up against Robbo would be top billing.

it will be but unfortunately for us in our time zone the match will be 3am lol

....I'm keen, but i'm not that keen :-)

Postby Wildey

Lets Remember Zhu Yinghui has actually played in 7 Wild Card Rounds at Chinese Venues

2012 World Open Lost 5-4 to Michael Holt
2012 China Open Lost 5-3 to Mark King
2012 Wuxi Classic Beat Michael Holt 5-1
2012 Shanghai Masters Lost 5-1 to Steve Davis
2012 International Lost 6-5 to Aditya Mehta
2013 World Open Lost 5-3 to Nigel Bond
2013 China Open Lost 5-2 to Dechawat Poomjaeng

he will be going in to the match with most experience.

Postby markj147

I think that was my main point.

On , near enough, home soil and wild carded into so many tournaments there isn't any real pressure on him.

With Reanne earning her place by qualifying and setting up a potentially mouth watering high profile match with Robbo I felt it was a shame that the Wildcard could be the stumbling block when it was announced.

However, if she wins the match then no problem and she will have a bit more table time to adjust before playing Neil. Fingers crossed.

I don't see her winning (against Neil) but representing at this stage is enough for her personal and the ladies publicity.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:With respect to Zhu Yinghui, I think we'd all rather see Reanne play Neil Robertson, then play him. Let's hope she wins. :D

My spelling... I am turning into Wild.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:With respect to Zhu Yinghui, I think we'd all rather see Reanne play Neil Robertson, then play him. Let's hope she wins. :D

My spelling... I am turning into Wild.

I agree that you are equally retarded. <ok>