Post a reply

Barry Hearn Update - Champion of Champions

Postby Dannyboy

From Matt at PSB...

http://www.prosnookerblog.com/2013/04/2 ... dia-close/

The key points from Barry’s press conference were as follows:

-A new event will be held from 19-24 November 2013, known as the Champion of Champions event, which will be staged at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry.
-The Champion of Champions event will see four groups of four players involved (a total of 16), made up of event winners from the 2012/13 season.
-Each group will be played during the course of a full day, with effectively heat semi-finals and a final, providing a winner to go through to the main event semi-finals on Saturday.
-There will be a £100,000 top prize, with the runner-up taking £40,000, losing semi-finalists £20,000.
-The event will be broadcast in the UK on a free-to-air channel, to be confirmed next week.
-The event will be played over a longer format, with the final being over the best of potentially 23 frames.
-There will be no mid-session intervals and potentially a limit of two toilet breaks per match, with no mid-frame breaks as we have seen on occasion this week at the Crucible.
-World Snooker are also close to announcing a new event in India, still to be confirmed.

Some great quotes in there!!

Re: Barry Hearn Update - Champion of Champions

Postby Wildey

it has been confirmed by Matt on twitter late last night that the Final will be Best of 25 frames.

Postby GJ

will the 100 grand winners money go towards money rankings or not

as its invitational ?

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:will the 100 grand winners money go towards money rankings or not

as its invitational ?

no only ranking events/PTC will have money converted to rankings

Postby GJ

wild

cheers

off topic

See the uk champ i remember before i started on forums in 2006 robbo played his first u game in a non tv stage and lost to robin hull

is that how it is for uk from coming season only its 2 non tv matches potentially instead of 1

Postby Casey

as its invitational ?

Nice one. I am assuming it will be done over two sessions though, maybe 12pm and 6pm? Something like that?

Postby GJ

Casey wrote:

as its invitational ?

Nice one. I am assuming it will be done over two sessions though, maybe 12pm and 6pm? Something like that?

barry says free channel

So i assume itv 4 and that means clive and foulds :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Witz78

Wildey wrote:

as its invitational ?

no only ranking events/PTC will have money converted to rankings

how will the money rankings work in the 3 events where the top 16 still get into the last 32 ??

If they get last 32 money even if they lose then thats an unfair advantage their gaining and is effectively strengthening their position without them having to earn it as someone could win 4 qualifiers and make the venue only to get the same money (points) as a top 16 seed who loses.

Also with 128 players on tour does that mean in these 3 events there will be 6 teired rounds of qualifying to get from 112 down to 16 qualifiers ?

Postby Roland

An excellent display of swearing I must admit. A 24 hour ban has been administered which will be longer if he returns and continues to post like that. Now to offload to the junkyard. Usually I would delete but such a fine example of cramming so many swear words into a single sentence should be preserved.

Postby PLtheRef

Best of 25 Frames is good news (if it happens) but I don't know how they're going to fit a run of 12/13 unless the Shot clock is in operation. Particularly without an interval

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:Best of 25 Frames is good news (if it happens) but I don't know how they're going to fit a run of 12/13 unless the Shot clock is in operation. Particularly without an interval

they will probably play it over 3 sessions.

Postby Simone

Wildey wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:Best of 25 Frames is good news (if it happens) but I don't know how they're going to fit a run of 12/13 unless the Shot clock is in operation. Particularly without an interval

You are obviously a good guy. I am a bad only for the bad guys and girls only.

Postby Wildey

Simone wrote:
Wildey wrote:

You are obviously a good guy. I am a bad only for the bad guys and girls only.

WTF?