Post a reply

PTC'S YES OR NO ?

Postby GJ

Should the top players play ptcs in the coming season ?

John Higgins made a good point after his defeat to Mark Davis , John said because of events week in week out he was unable to do normal practice and fix any flaws that had developed in his game.

I think john makes a great point and for me any top player who wants to peak for the majors should forget ptcs and play in the 10 main rankers + the masters and the new champions event.

So that would allow the top players to have time in between the events to do normal practice and fix any problems in their game.

DISCUSS

Re: PTC'S YES OR NO ?

Postby Roland

There is no discussion to have. Yes of course they should play in them.

Postby GJ

Another factor is one wild informed me about players have to commit to ptcs months in advance of playing them.

I think up to 6 weeks is a fair period for entering not 3 or 4 months.

Postby GJ

rexy

I understand as your a supporter of a player who plays 1 event a year you have no comment

so :wave:

Postby Wildey

Players should play in them or the sport will stagnate once again and lets not forget the last PTC Was in january so its hardly an excuse for the WC.

But players has to pick and chose their season better and do whats best for them.

take stuart bingham he lost in the last 16 of the world open then stayed on in china for well over a week to play exhos.

if that what players want to do then its up to them but let the whinging stop nobody forcing them to play and by introducing flatter systems Barry Hearn making it easier than ever for players to structure their season best for them...

Postby GJ

I know some hate comparing with other sports but .....

Look at big names in golf and tennis they base their season around peaking for the big events.

Postby Casey

I think as a player you should be looking to play in at least 2/3 of them.

Postby GJ

1 more thing

How about each player having their 8 best events counted towards their money list total.

That way if a player has done well and wants a few weeks off theiir not penalised as much.

Postby Lucky

If they can justify dragging the players to the other side of the world for the tp Outback Open....then why shouldn't they play them. Natural selection will decide how the calendar is composed. If all the top players decide against entering the tp far flung events, who will sponsor them and who will buy the rights to screen them?

Postby GJ

Lucky wrote:If they can justify dragging the players to the other side of the world for the tp Outback Open....then why shouldn't they play them. Natural selection will decide how the calendar is composed. If all the top players decide against entering the tp far flung events, who will sponsor them and who will buy the rights to screen them?

half the top names dont bother playing aussie open so your point is invalid sir

:wave:

Postby Roland

Murphy talks more bullocks than any player I've ever heard.

Postby snooky147

Sonny wrote:Murphy talks more bullocks than any player I've ever heard.

Agreed mate , he simply has to be the worst yet. Anything Hearn says he immediately falls into line with.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Murphy talks more bullocks than any player I've ever heard.

but he has a point you could argue after 100+ games from Australia to Sheffield he played his best standard in his very last match of the season.

Postby snooky147

People are different, some will feel the effects of the travelling and the schedule more than others. You can't just dismiss the argument out of hand.

Postby Roland

He's not right on burn out, he's talking complete bullocks. As Snooky said, everything he says toes the line. His opinions are based on what he thinks World Snooker want him to say.

Postby GJ

Another point take out aussie open how many semis and finals was barry making pre worlds.

My point if a player is getting to lots of semis and finals consistently he will be more drained e.g selby and robbo.

Barry played alot more championship league games as well than others.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:He's not right on burn out, he's talking complete bullocks. As Snooky said, everything he says toes the line. His opinions are based on what he thinks World Snooker want him to say.

as you know i dont give a rubbish what world snooker says and i agree with him.....

burn out is a convenient excuse for playing rubbish by most its a professional sport not a hobby and unfortunately in sport traveling must be done they cant carry tennis courts to you or football pitches.

there's some players you could see their point but a handful of them and its up to them to handle their career better there's nothing Barry Hearn or World Snooker can do to help them its up to them and them alone.

Postby AC or LT?

Sonny wrote:He's not right on burn out, he's talking complete bullocks. As Snooky said, everything he says toes the line. His opinions are based on what he thinks World Snooker want him to say.

All you've done is dismiss his argument as bullocks rather than challenging. Fancy pointing out why he's wrong on burnout rather than allowing your prejudice of him to dictate your opinion of his burnout comments.

Postby GJ

AC

my previous post explains why it affects some players

Postby AC or LT?

GJ wrote:AC

You've raised two reasons:

Cutting into their practice and the length between tournaments and entry dates.

In terms of it cutting into their practice routine - if your dedicated and really want to rise to the top you'll be practising whenever you have an opportunity and be glad of the opportunity to earn big bucks with the busier tour and the ability to pick and choose.

On tournament dates, they probably should be moved but I'm sure the players are perfectly capable of reading a calender seeing that theirs a major and skipping the one before it.

Postby GJ

GJ wrote:Another point take out aussie open how many semis and finals was barry making pre worlds.

My point if a player is getting to lots of semis and finals consistently he will be more drained e.g selby and robbo.

AC

what about my points in that post ?

<ok>

Postby AC or LT?

GJ wrote:
GJ wrote:Another point take out aussie open how many semis and finals was barry making pre worlds.

AC

<ok>

Then play in less smaller events. Selby plays in literally everything - that's why he is world number one - their is better players than him who play in less tournaments so are further down the rankings, by all means play that game but don't claim that your burnt out.

Postby GJ

AC or LT? wrote:
GJ wrote:

AC

<ok>

Then play in less smaller events. Selby plays in literally everything - that's why he is world number one - their is better players than him who play in less tournaments so are further down the rankings, by all means play that game but don't claim that your burnt out.

I tend to agree thats why i hope my fav robbo concentrates on the majors and some smaller ones <ok>

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:AC

yea but mate those were main rankers.

so really players should miss all PTC, PTC GF and China Open

meaning their season consists of
Wuxi
Aussie Open
Shanghai
International
C of C