Post a reply

Re: Snooker Calender

Postby Skullman

To avoid burnt pick and choose. Never mind the players, as a watcher I'm planning on doing that.

Postby AC or LT?

Skullman wrote:To avoid burnt pick and choose. Never mind the players, as a watcher I'm planning on doing that.

You'd have to be pretty insane to watch every televised event next season. You'd be starting this weekend with Snooker Legends.

Postby vodkadiet

Barry Hearn just wants quantity ahead of quality. He is another money grabbing hussy, just like Mardy.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:The first event starts on 6 June - surely this is far too early.

Of course it is too early. If snooker is to be taken seriously then it needs a legitimate off-season like most professional sports.

the first event starts 27th of may in a flat 128 if top 16 players wants to enter WUXI they will be in Gloucester then....if they dont they wont be there hardly rocket science.

why do you need a off season ? dont get that.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:the first event starts 27th of may in a flat 128 if top 16 players wants to enter WUXI they will be in Gloucester then....if they dont they wont be there hardly rocket science.

why do you need a off season ? dont get that.

An off-season is necessary to avoid burn-out, boredom and overkill.

Never got why Hearn is always banging on about snooker being like a job and therefore should be played all year round.

<doh> <doh>

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:If snooker is like a job then you might as well consider shelf-stacking as a sport too.

Maybe Hearn can organise a Shelf-stacker Open or an Office Worker Championship.

if Snooker is like a job Barry Hearn could fire players for not turning up to Work or refusing to play....

Snooker players are free to do what they want far more freedom than jo blogs in the street they dont have to play in anything its up to them.

if a Country or a sponsor comes forward and offer a tournament in the Bahamas for a 1st prize of £200,000 but it must be played in mid May would Pros rather he told them to buck off because they wanted a Holiday.....Chance gone for more cash.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:To avoid burnt pick and choose. Never mind the players, as a watcher I'm planning on doing that.

Yeah me too, can't afford to watch everything <ok>

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:

its a choice for players and fans alike christ few years ago if you missed 2 tournaments the season was almost over.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

its a choice for players and fans alike christ few years ago if you missed 2 tournaments the season was almost over.

Yes that's right, when at one point we only had 5 or 6 events per season. Therefore there shouldn't be any complaints about the rich amount of tourneys.. Hearn put snooker on the radar again and now we have come to a point where players must pick and choose and one day if it continues to follow the same pattern it will be like tennis and golf where they have more than 1 tourney at the same time.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Yes that's right, when at one point we only had 5 or 6 events per season. Therefore there shouldn't be any complaints about the rich amount of tourneys.. Hearn put snooker on the radar again and now we have come to a point where players must pick and choose and one day if it continues to follow the same pattern it will be like tennis and golf where they have more than 1 tourney at the same time.

What id like to see Happening having about 16 PTC Events in Asia, Europe and UK Even other countries but Running 2 at the same time so players had to chose where to play or not play any...