Post a reply

The Final : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Barry Hawkins

Postby Wildey

Saturday 20th of April~Monday 6th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Sessions

Sunday 5th of May 2pm and 7pm

Monday 6th of May 2.30pm and 7pm

The Final and it's David and Goliath. Barry Hawkins playing in only his 2nd ranking final and by a long way his biggest; and Ronnie O'Sullivan playing in his 36th ranking final and his 5th world final.

Ronnie O'Sullivan leads the Head to Head 4-1 but they have been very close matches. Every meeting has been in ranking tournaments.

In Majors (World, UK and Masters). They have never met until today.

HEAD TO HEAD

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: The Final : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Barry Hawkins

Postby GJ

COME ON BARRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

beat the attention seeking CDL

<ok>

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:Come on Barry. You're definitely good enough to get to double figures. <ok>

he will win it :hatoff:

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:Come on Barry. You're definitely good enough to get to double figures. <ok>

Hope so. It'll be the battle of the talented cockerel and the hard working nice guy, and it would be nice for the nice guy to win for once.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:

Hope so. It'll be the battle of the talented cockerel and the hard working nice guy, and it would be nice for the nice guy to win for once.

It's not like Ronnie didn't have to work hard to get where he is today. Talent only buys you nothing, just look at Cope or Stevens for example.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:It's not like Ronnie didn't have to work hard to get where he is today. Talent only buys you nothing, just look at Cope or Stevens for example.

I know but talented cockerel who worked hard for ages when he young v hardworking nice guy doesn't have the same ring. Plus ROS is definitely the talented one out of the two.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

I don't care what happens here, it will most likely be a rubbish final, it will be more than likely a heavy defeat for Barry.

But I love Barry, he is one of my favourite players, just to see him take part in a World Championship final, will be something to look forward to for me.

Good luck Barry, enjoy it lad.

Postby GJ

nice_shoes_ken wrote:I don't care what happens here, it will most likely be a rubbish final, it will be more than likely a heavy defeat for Barry.

But I love Barry, he is one of my favourite players, just to see him take part in a World Championship final, will be something to look forward to for me.

Good luck Barry, enjoy it lad.

he will win

:D :D <ok>

Postby GJ

ttol wrote:Won't be watching. JOKE FINAL 2013.

the only joke is the clown in your avatar

<ok>

Postby GJ

nice_shoes_ken wrote:
GJ wrote:he will win

:D :D <ok>

I would strip naked and run around my block if he did.

Come on Barry!!!

i believe in barry

Postby Muppet147

ttol wrote:
Skullman wrote:Question: Where would Barry winning rank on the list of biggest shocks in snooker history?

Even more so than Johnson in 86 I'd expect.

Funny, I was just thinking about Joe Johnson. I never gave him a prayer against Davis, but he played amazingly over two days.

Sadly, I can't see Hawkins pulling off a similar shock. He will do well to break into double figures. I predict an 18-9 scoreline.

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:
ttol wrote:
Skullman wrote:Question: Where would Barry winning rank on the list of biggest shocks in snooker history?

Even more so than Johnson in 86 I'd expect.

Funny, I was just thinking about Joe Johnson. I never gave him a prayer against Davis, but he played amazingly over two days.

Sadly, I can't see Hawkins pulling off a similar shock. He will do well to break into double figures. I predict an 18-9 scoreline.

:td:

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Hawkins will be an even a bigger underdog than Carter was last year.

Unfortunately I have seen very little of his match against Ding. Was it Ding that blew that match or was Barry just too good?

That a serious question, Barry was of course just too good.

Barry stayed cool, calm and collected, and played like a boss.

Because his name is Barry Hawkins, and he is the man :bowdown:

Postby ttol

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Hawkins will be an even a bigger underdog than Carter was last year.

Unfortunately I have seen very little of his match against Ding. Was it Ding that blew that match or was Barry just too good?

Barry pinched a few frames and Dings head dropped, as usual.

Postby Wildey

Barry will be a harder proposition than carter was.

Postby GJ

Carter in those 2 finals was a shambles beaten before he picked up his cue

Barry is a tough player no comparision at all

<ok>

COME ON HAWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Last edited by GJ on 04 May 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby AC or LT?

Wild WC wrote:

That is utter tosh. Hawkins is nowhere near Carter's level.

Postby GJ

AC or LT? wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

That is utter tosh. Hawkins is nowhere near Carter's level.

carter is a joke

hawk will show that in the final when he beats CDL ronnie <ok>

Postby GJ

Of course if barry wins he will get little credit it will be the same old BS

ronnies head wasnt right :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: