Post a reply

How a Rolling Ranking System Can Work

Postby Roland

HOW IT WORKS

1) Same ranking points and draw format as current set up.

2) Forget 1 or 2 years, it goes on the last e.g. 10 ranking tournaments. Points cease to count from 11 tournaments ago (to include the last two world championships at all times).

3) Rankings are updated within 24 hours of ranking tournament end, and the draw for the next calendar qualifying event to take place is made based on these rankings. If this is less than one week from the end of last tournament then for logistical reasons the previous rankings are used.

That's it. The benefits are obvious and can be discussed within.

Re: How a Rolling Ranking System Can Work

Postby Roland

Sounds like Hearn wants to base rankings on the moneylist in which case the same rules can apply.

Postby Rocket_ron

Totally agree with you here!! take darts for instance taylor was number 1 anyway but now they do a money list you can get a feeling on how well the other players are doing. rolling/money list woildn't work on the set up we have now with only 7/8 torneys but next year when hearny gets 15-20 tourneys then rolling/money ranks are the way to go.

:hit: :hit: :snooker:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Sounds like Hearn wants to base rankings on the moneylist in which case the same rules can apply.

money lists will be rubbish and not representative of nothing it will depend on how much money sponsors got to shell out.

one year you could get a better sponsor for the china open than you could get for the UK so the winner in china gets more points etc for playing best of 9s rather than best of 17.

Postby Alex0paul

So in theory a player could get into the top 16 by making a 147 at the Crucible if money lists determine the rankings

Postby Rocket_ron

Alex0paul wrote:So in theory a player could get into the top 16 by making a 147 at the Crucible if money lists determine the rankings

good spot alex, I dont agree with money list. I agree with rolling rank system

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:So in theory a player could get into the top 16 by making a 147 at the Crucible if money lists determine the rankings

Im not even sure i entirely agree with it, but part of me thinks it would be exciting if the carrot of making a 147 break could catapult a player from nowhere into the top 16, if he was out of his depth hes sound be exposed for the plutocrat he is. Would certainly spice things up.

Im 100% behind a rollings rankings set up. Myself and my mucker Seifer <ok> have championed for this, for years on the good ole 606 forum !!!

Postby Lucky

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

Im not even sure i entirely agree with it, but part of me thinks it would be exciting if the carrot of making a 147 break could catapult a player from nowhere into the top 16, if he was out of his depth hes sound be exposed for the plutocrat he is. Would certainly spice things up.

Im 100% behind a rollings rankings set up. Myself and my mucker Seifer <ok> have championed for this, for years on the good ole 606 forum !!!

Seifer was a good poster with some good ideas.......unfortunately he has problems, and has let himself down to an alarming degree <ok>

Postby Wildey

making 147s to catapault players in the rankings how about this on that basis Hendry would be in the top 4 in the world now...

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:making 147s to catapault players in the rankings how about this on that basis Hendry would be in the top 4 in the world now...

Cant argue with that but i still fail to recognise that as an official 147. The way a few of the balls dropped was farcial and even Moondan, one of the biggest Hendry fanboys, sorry fanmans rofl would have to agree that the table made the 147, not Hendry.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:making 147s to catapault players in the rankings how about this on that basis Hendry would be in the top 4 in the world now...

Cant argue with that but i still fail to recognise that as an official 147. The way a few of the balls dropped was farcial and even Moondan, one of the biggest Hendry fanboys, sorry fanmans rofl would have to agree that the table made the 147, not Hendry.

don't let seifer here you say that you wont be muckers anymore <ok>

but nevermind hay Ronnie failed to beat Allen with big pockets even ....the slippery slope is starting <ok>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

don't let seifer here you say that you wont be muckers anymore <ok>

but nevermind hay Ronnie failed to beat Allen with big pockets even ....the slippery slope is starting <ok>

Better to be at the top of the slippery slope than at the bottom.....just ask that Georgian guy in the luge..... rofl