Post a reply

Re: Zhanger info

Postby Roland

Yeah I saw that yesterday. From the Ding Dad school of snooker. I'm looking forward to seeing him giving Hendry a tough time :ahh:

Postby N_Castle07

He could prove to be a tough test for Hendry he has youth and hunger on his side. But Hendry was winning World Titles before this lad was born. Hopefully Hendry's class will prevail in this match, Hendry needs to not under estimate this lad.

Postby Smart

a very exciting talent, not played with Ding at all, as I asked his manager at the EISS - but I think he will turn many heads.....

Unflappable
Dishes up under pressure

and very very small.......

Postby Casey

Zhanger - one of KFC's better mean deals <ok>

Postby GJ

StalinESQ wrote:a very exciting talent, not played with Ding at all, as I asked his manager at the EISS - but I think he will turn many heads.....

Unflappable
Dishes up under pressure

and very very small.......

if it wasnt at the crucible i would back him against hendo but i remember backing allen to beat hendo at the crucible and hendo pulled it out of the bag despite allen having hammered him earlier that season at the uk

Postby Casey

Hendo better leave his dog at home then or else that could be put in the pot as well.

hendo <cool>
KFC :john:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Yeah I saw that yesterday. From the Ding Dad school of snooker. I'm looking forward to seeing him giving Hendry a tough time :ahh:

nevermind mate it was a nice thought while it lasted however you will get a rude awakening and zhang a good thrashing <ok>

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote::wave:

Ignorance is bliss, so I'm told.

i know thats why a bunch of people that hardly knows Zhang thinks he can tranfere a fluke week in a shoe box in a academy in to the holy grail at the crucible....not gonna happen so long have a nice trip home see you next season <ok>

Postby Casey

<laugh> now now, do you not remember what happened 2 years ago when you said Hendo would be beaten by Allen. I think you must still have some of that humble pie in the fridge ;) <laugh>

Postby GJ

and williams last year as well

<laugh> rofl

Postby Casey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:and williams last year as well

<laugh> rofl

:D

Postby Wildey

people are slow on the uptake when i say something regarding crucible 1st rounds im 100% spot on nothings gonna change this year <ok>

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:people are slow on the uptake when i say something regarding crucible 1st rounds im 100% spot on nothings gonna change this year <ok>

You tell'em Wild. I will be at the match, easy to spot as I will be the guy making several attempts to stroke Stephens hair <ok>

Postby Smart

case_master wc wrote:

<laugh> now now, do you not remember what happened 2 years ago when you said Hendo would be beaten by Allen. I think you must still have some of that humble pie in the fridge ;) <laugh>

How could I forget, my WC winning year - when I smashed the field entirely....

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:wild - tell Walden, Higginson and Parrot he was lucky, think they and those @ EISS are better imformed to make a call on that.

playing Hendry at the crucible will be on a different plannet than playing thoes 3 at the acadamy....

in shoe box hes at home at the crucible on TV he will be a fish out of water flapping about going nowhere.

Postby Roland

That's if the Crucible means something to him. Some of these players who don't fully appreciate the history aren't overawed until they've been a few times. The arrogance of youth. "What's so special about this place?". Danger signs are there for Hendry. I'm sure he's done his homework and knows Zhang is no mug but if he plays like he did in China then he'll be taken out.

Postby Smart

:D enjoying this thread and it was posted for a reason - easy reference come 2 weeks time :D

yours sincerely 2008 WC prediction champ (its out on loan this past year, to be return May bank holiday) <cool>

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

I dunno. :chin:

The way he finished off Ricky Walden was impressive, fearlessness personified I thought. If Zhanger (like it <ok>) takes his chances, & he'll get plenty of them, this could be a bit of a banana skin for the great one.

If.....Ricky Walden had come through, would you be as confident wild if Ricky Walden was playing the great one? :chin:

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:in shoe box hes at home at the crucible on TV he will be a fish out of water flapping about going nowhere.

wrong, he has played in qualifiers and not made much of a fist - but they are best of 9 matches, so can go either way with a bit of luck ......

..... he is at home in longer matches.

Remember when Liu Chuang qualified and I said he would be no push-over for whoever he got....... well he got ROS and was at 4-5 after first session.

Zhanger is ten times the player of Liu Chuang...... and then some. <ok>

Postby GJ

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:I dunno. :chin:

The way he finished off Ricky Walden was impressive, fearlessness personified I thought. If Zhanger (like it <ok>) takes his chances, & he'll get plenty of them, this could be a bit of a banana skin for the great one.

If.....Ricky Walden had come through, would you be as confident wild if Ricky Walden was playing the great one? :chin:

hendry despatched of a more dangerous opponent in allen 2 years ago

hendry is playing better now than 2 years ago

<ok>

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:I dunno. :chin:

hendry despatched of a more dangerous opponent in allen 2 years ago

hendry is playing better now than 2 years ago

<ok>

GJ - with respect, Allen choked that match very badly - you must agree on that surely......

Zhanger aint a choker, believe me or ask AOP - he dishes up and then does it again......... he does not rush, he stays level headed despite huge slice of luck for Walden ........

Zhanger <cool>

Postby GJ

smart

i think it will be a close one but hendry just to shade it

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

GJtheaussiestud wrote:smart

I'm not saying Zhanger will beat him GJ, I'm not saying he'll lose either. What I am saying is that the great one will need to play very, very well to beat Zhanger & if Zhanger takes his chances, the great one will be feeling the pressure. No better Man I know, but this could run real, real close.

Postby Smart

GJ - I respect that as a balanced non-fanboy opinion. <ok>

Thanks for your input to this thread. :wave:

Postby Smart

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:

I'm not saying Zhanger will beat him GJ, I'm not saying he'll lose either. What I am saying is that the great one will need to play very, very well to beat Zhanger & if Zhanger takes his chances, the great one will be feeling the pressure. No better Man I know, but this could run real, real close.

JFLT - you know your rubbish, and believe me this guy is impressive.

He may fold like a pack of cards - as many have done on debut at Crucible - but I believe he will get chances and the guy takes them - believe. <ok>