Burnout :Will it become a problem in snooker

YES
17%
MAYBE
17%
NO: JUST GET ON WITH IT
67%

Total votes : 6

Burnout: will it become a Problem in Snooker?

Postby Skullman

Over the up coming seasons will Burnout be a genuine Problem or are the players just Making excuses for their own shortcomings.

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:at this rate there will be more than 128 players on tour

might as well as not all will enter events anyway <ok>

talking of Calabrese, anyone willing to take a guess at how many will skip the Aussie tourny and the Wuxi for that matter..?

Weren't there nine or something that skipped Australia, which all this talk of burnout and picking and choosing, I'm guessing there'll even more. Players that go will need the money, be the Bingos and Murphys and Robbo as that's his home event and he'll have to play really (plus I'm sure he wants to).

Re: New Main Tour Players !!

Postby GJ

i really hope robbo skips ptcs next season and just plays the majors and all other rankers

Postby Skullman

Think a couple just to get into the Grands and warm up before the UKs can't hurt. Very fine balance I think. Play too little and you won't enough match practise. Play too much and burn out can happen.

Postby GJ

true him and selby need to plan their schedule better because all this crap they struggled with pressure at worlds is nonsense.

Postby Witz78

do you buy the burnout thing then GJ ?

someone made a good point earlier that why do the players suddenly get burnt out now at the Worlds when its a year long season now anyway pretty much ?

And take Robbo for example, how come he won in China yet now is burnt out ?

Postby GJ

Witz

its a tough one TBH

i dont think its burnout but i also dont think robbo and selby over night become poor pressure players

Robbo was sky confidence after winning in china and in session 1 v rob he was flawless and i was feeling very confident TBH.

what are your thoughts as a neutral on those 2 players ?

Postby Alex0paul

Should have its own thread really but I think why Selby/Robertson have suffered and not someone like Hawkins is because they are under the pressure of being favourite in nearly every single match they play which must take its toll.

Hawkins won't be under that pressure at all.

Postby Witz78

I was at both them games and i must be honest, it became clear to me even when both were ahead, that they were under pressure and struggling with the pressure of losing early in the tournament more than the actual match itself. They were finding problems and making things harder than they needed to be.

Selby was easily beaten in the end to be honest, went down without a fight really.

As for Robbo, i did expect him to click into another gear near the end or Milkins to crumble, but Milkins seemed to grow in belief and confidence and i think that affected Robbo too as he suddenly realised he was in a game and his opponent wasnt going to bottle it.

Postby GJ

I was abit stunned to be fair as i took milkins as an easy match when the draw was made

How wrong was i just shows in sport nothing is certain and expect the unexpected

Postby Witz78

One funny thing was a few times in Sheffield i got into arguments with other punters over the flat draws format next season.

People were saying it would be crap as thered be lots of shocks and that, but i said just look at this and last years World Champs as an example, thats with proper seeding and protection to the seeds, plus in a longer format yet theres still been shocks galore, so its possible that the big names arent as good as they actually think they are, so the sooner a flat structure kicks in the better, so the true cream rises to the top.

Re: Burnout: will it become a Problem in Snooker?

Postby Skullman

Wild WC wrote:
Skullman wrote:I don't remember making this topic...

i splited the thread up from the new pros thread

I know. I was just trying to make a joke, and failing apparently.

Postby GJ

I forgot to say earlier post match robbo said between china and worlds he did no practice

Just shows if you dont put the prep in you can get burnt.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:I forgot to say earlier post match robbo said between china and worlds he did no practice

Just shows if you dont put the prep in you can get burnt.

there was 3 weeks between china and the world and yet he did not practice where as Ronnie was practicing with ebdon in that time.

you get out what you put in.

Postby GJ

wild

Mistakes happen its all about learning from them which i hope robbo does

Postby GJ

wild

here is the full quote

Tip wasn't too bad, just the chalk wasn't holding on the tip. Took a risk of not practising much after China which cost me

Postby gallantrabbit

Hearn loves comparing snooker players to miners...
It`s just part of the development. Hearn shouldn`t really have a dig at Selby who has been so loyal in trying to push and promote every event going including Brazil. In coming years the players will pick and choose more, especially skipping PTC events when they`ve already qualified.
They have had three weeks off though before Sheffield so shouldn`t complain too much.

Postby SnookerFan

I think Wild made an exceelent point on twitter.

Ricky Walden won the Wuxi Classic, Barry Hawkins won in Australia. Not only two tournaments early in the season, but tournaments with a shit-load of travel included.

Both men contest a semi-final at The Crucible today.

Postby GJ

i would rather have robbo go back to being inconsistent in events winning an event then losing early next one because that way he contended at the worlds.

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:i would rather have robbo go back to being inconsistent in events winning an event then losing early next one because that way he contended at the worlds.

Milkoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :wave:

hawk :wave: