Topic locked

World Championship (Wed 1st of May) Q Finals Discussion !

Postby Wildey

Saturday 20th of April~Monday 6th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Day 2 of the Quarter Finals Ronnie O'Sullivan looking very strong to reach the semi finals with a 7-1 lead over Stuart Bingham. And what a fightback by Judd Trump from 8-3 down to set up a tight finish with Shaun Murphy.

Ricky Walden played twice at the Crucible before and not won a match is now 7 frames away from the Semi Finals and Ding Junhui after a bad session has managed to stay in touch with Barry Hawkins at 7-9.

Who will reach the semi finals? Find out Tomorrow <ok>

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Wednesday 1st of May

10am

Ronnie O’Sullivan 7-1 Stuart Bingham
Ding Junhui 7-9 Barry Hawkins conclusion

2.30pm

Shaun Murphy 8-8 Judd Trump conclusion
Ricky Walden 6-2 Michael White

7pm

Ronnie O’Sullivan v Stuart Bingham conclusion
Ricky Walden v Michael White conclusion

Image Image

Re: World Championship (Wed 1st of May) Q Finals Discussion

Postby Skullman

Next session of ROS v Bingo very important in terms of who wins the tournament.

If Ronnie maintains the standard of today, he'll win the whole thing relatively easily. If he inexplicably starts missing balls he didn't today and takes his foot off the gas, there's hope for the rest of competition, although Bingo's probably screwed regardless.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:Next session of ROS v Bingo very important in terms of who wins the tournament.

If Ronnie maintains the standard of today, he'll win the whole thing relatively easily. If he inexplicably starts missing balls he didn't today and takes his foot off the gas, there's hope for the rest of competition, although Bingo's probably screwed regardless.

<laugh>

That Carter win and also the way he pulled away from Ali, gave him a lot of confidence. He was playing very well in pratice no doubt, but that was the spark Ronnie needed and today we saw what happens if he's on fire.

O'Sullivan is such a great front runner, even if Bingham pulls back a couple of frames, Ronnie will reply with a counterpunch.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Next session of ROS v Bingo very important in terms of who wins the tournament.

<laugh>

That Carter win and also the way he pulled away from Ali, gave him a lot of confidence. He was playing very well in pratice no doubt, but that was the spark Ronnie needed and today we saw what happens if he's on fire.

O'Sullivan is such a great front runner, even if Bingham pulls back a couple of frames, Ronnie will reply with a counterpunch.

I'm not saying Bingo will win. I put probably in just in case the unthinkable happens and my comment comes to bite me in the bottom. What I'm saying is if ROS wobbles a bit, players like Judd and Ding can take heart from it as they know there's a potential opening against him.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

The only good news for Murphy is that the session has come to an end today.

He has to forget all about tonight and focus on the result. Normally Murphy is pretty good at this. Trump isn't playing great and there's no guarantee he'll play better tomorrow.

Shaun needs his Crucible experience and his great cue action firing on all cylinders tomorrow.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The only good news for Murphy is that the session has come to an end today.

He has to forget all about tonight and focus on the result. Normally Murphy is pretty good at this. Trump isn't playing great and there's no guarantee he'll play better tomorrow.

Shaun needs his Crucible experience and his great cue action firing on all cylinders tomorrow.

He managed it against Dott, who was all accounts playing much better in his comeback. I think he just needs to tighten up his safety and it should be manageable.

Postby SlowJoe

I honestly cannot see anyone getting anywhere near Ronnie. Cant see Bingham getting any more than 5 frames and dont think anyone will get within 5 of him in semis or final.Bet him on the handicap list every time.

Postby vodkadiet

Alex0paul wrote:Guaranteed that BBC will show O'Sullivan 'match' in the morning ffs

Yes. Just as O'Sullivan wins Ding vs Hawkins will be returning at 10-10 from their mid session interval.

Postby vodkadiet

John Parrott's commentary on O'Sullivan's match today was cringeworthy. I had to turn the sound down as he was on the verge of saying "I want to get a hotel room with O'Sulllivan tonight". Did he say eventually say that?

Parrott you are embarrassing yourself.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:John Parrott's commentary on O'Sullivan's match today was cringeworthy. I had to turn the sound down as he was on the verge of saying "I want to get a hotel room with O'Sulllivan tonight". Did he say eventually say that?

Parrott you are embarrassing yourself.

Virgo is just as bad. Except at least he gets on Judd's nutsack as well.

Postby daraghj82

great comeback from judd last night, saw only the 3 frames of their evening session before watching the CL game, shaun is bound to be dissappointed but it has happened so many times this week and last week, 6-2 lead seems to be a bad lead , as so many have come back from behind with that scorelines such as ding and dotty, i can't see any way back for stuart even if ronnie plays below his very best.

Postby SnookerFan

daraghj82 wrote:great comeback from judd last night, saw only the 3 frames of their evening session before watching the CL game, shaun is bound to be dissappointed but it has happened so many times this week and last week, 6-2 lead seems to be a bad lead , as so many have come back from behind with that scorelines such as ding and dotty, i can't see any way back for stuart even if ronnie plays below his very best.

Good morning, Daraghj82. <ok>