Post a reply

Where do the player's allegiances lie?

Postby Tubberlad

Thought I might put this together, in an effort to figure out what way players will vote. Obviously it's a very slow start, I can only think of five players who have openly backed Hearn, and two who have come out against his plans. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, it's something we can all work on.

Pro-Hearn
Jimmy White
John Higgins
Mark Allen
Mark Selby
Mark Williams
Michael Holt
Ronnie O'Sullivan
Shaun Murphy
Steve Davis
Stephen Maguire
Stephen Hendry

Anti-Hearn
Mike Dunn
Peter Ebdon

Re: Where do the player's allegiances lie?

Postby GJ

williams is on the yes list as well i remember an article where he backed hearn

Postby Tubberlad

GJtheaussiestud wrote:williams is on the yes list as well i remember an article where he backed hearn
case_master wc wrote:Anti Hearn - Mike Dunne

Thanks lads <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

StalinESQ wrote:
case_master wc wrote:Anti Hearn - Mike Dunne

how about Robbo....... anti-Hearn...? :roll:

Nah, Robbo's a cool guy <cool> definitely pro-Hearn

Postby GJ

maguire will be pro hearn he never agrees with murphy on anything

<laugh>

Postby Tubberlad

StalinESQ wrote:GJ - your thoughts on Robbo pro or anti...... I am thinking he is anti. <ok>

:stir:

GJtheaussiestud wrote:maguire will be pro hearn he never agrees with murphy on anything

<laugh>

rofl rofl rofl TRUE THAT

Postby GJ

StalinESQ wrote:GJ - your thoughts on Robbo pro or anti...... I am thinking he is anti. <ok>

robbo has said he wants the sport to develop back home in oz and he will know how well hearn has done with other sports

robbo is a cert to vote yes :afro:

Postby Rocket_ron

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

robbo has said he wants the sport to develop back home in oz and he will know how well hearn has done with other sports

robbo is a cert to vote yes :afro:

I Agree with GJ :ba:

Postby gallantrabbit

Fortunately most of the names on the pro Hearn list are either well respected or influential. Could you say that about Ebdon, Dunn and Murphy? I've always liked Peter but he's into the woods on this one..

Postby Roland

Of all the players I'd put Ebdon and Murphy at top of the list of those who think one day they will be Chairman themselves.

Robbo's bound to be pro Hearn and if he is then Perry and all those who they have influence over.

Postby Tubberlad

gallantrabbit wrote:Michael Holt and Jimmy White are pro Hearn. I think I saw Allen talking pro too, will have to check. These blokes have their heads screwed on...

Thanks Gallant, will check about Allen <ok>
Anyone have any idea what way Stevens is voting? I think I remember himself and Paul Hunter being very slow to back Altium...

Postby Smart

N_Castle07 wrote:Can anyone explain what Murphy's comments where? And why he is anti Hearn?

Murphys father had links to the WSA board I believe and as such he probably is inclined to side with the anti-Hearn side. He is also the sort to believe he has a right to walk into snookers management structure when his playing days are up.......he would revel in that sort of power. I believe Ebbo thinks the same.

BTW Ebbo has strong links with the Chinese players...... I wonder what or any influence he may have had with a vote upcoming...........

Postby Monique

Maguire definitely pro-Hearn. I remember a recent article in the Scottish press.
Ebdon and Del have a lot of influence through the Academy and coaching scheme, including on Chinese players like Ding and maybe Liang (although I would expect Liang to be very much his own man). On the other hand Ronnie also has close contacts with some of the Chinese guys with whom he practices. And with Judd Trump also (same management)

Postby N_Castle07

The Tubberlad - i think you should take Murphy's name off the anti-hearn list (sorry if he has already came out in the press with anti-hearn views but i don't think he has as far as i'm aware) i don't think it is fair to have his name there becuase people assume he is anti-hearn because of his personality. If he comes out and says to the press that he will not be backing Hearn then fair enough but untill then i think its a little unfair on Murphy.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Good work GJ. Site now bookmarked and Murphy's name can switch to the other group.

dont know about that.

its change since then before it was hearn as chairman now its changed to 51% control of world snooker for a £1 people might get cold feet.

littlesense was pro hearn now its changed.