Post a reply

BBC ARE A DISGRACE

Postby GJ

Barry can say about the great new contract all he wants , but all i see is bad news for snooker fans who rely on bbc snooker coverage.

A few years ago freeview had both tables for worlds on 301 and 302 , now we are lucky to get 1 table this year by the sounds of it. :gag:

Free sat had 6 streams of different sports now it has 1 stream , so if we are lucky we see 1 table at the worlds :td:

Then on top of that take out semis and final bbc would rather show cookery show repeats than show snooker in the evening slot for round 1 till quarters.

BBC are a joke why do they bother with snooker when the treat it with no respect at all and worst of all cutting off from live snooker to show dads army repeat from years ago :no:

So they prioritise old repeats over live sport

BBC = SHAMBLES

Re: BBC ARE A DISGRACE

Postby GJ

Jewell wrote:It's what we all pay our licence fees for. It is an absolute disgrace.

agree 100 % <ok>

you would think now more sport would be available to watch not less

bbc <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

I sent the BBC an e-mail before the UK Championship basically saying that they were mugs for reducing the Red Button coverage. Also, a week or so before the tournament I was watching some football show or another on there, and they were advertising a questionnaire you could e-mail in and request giving your views on the red button. I requested it, and again told them they were mugs.

Never heard back of course.

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:It's what we all pay our licence fees for. It is an absolute disgrace.

I pay mine for EastEnders, I then pay a proper sports broadcaster to bring me proper coverage = sky, and Eurosport.

Stop whining and cough up the proper money :clap: <cool>

Postby Smart

If I want to watch football seriously, or cricket seriously I have to have sky .......no different with snooker. The clue is when the BBC totally disregard PTCs or in fact any other non-BBC snooker tournies, thats the clue that the BBC is not the place to be from a fans perspective. :wave:

Postby Wildey

BBC Coverage is Bad for snooker in the UK.

it is good that they still show the sport but the bad coverage cancels that out.

if the BBC Thinks Repeats of Hasbeen program's is more Worthy than Snooker what message does that give to both potential new fan base and New Sponsors in Britain.

Sponsors would want their product Actually seen by Millions of Prime time Viewers...BBC Cutbacks is Affecting that.

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:Smart, you pay £140 odd quid or whatever the licence fee just for Eastenders? I didn't know you were such a fan.

think you will find its £145 by direct debit, but the BBC are not a dedicated sports channel/broadcaster - they do very well when they do dedicate themselves (for instance the Olympic coverage is fantastic and worthy of the OLYMPIC BROADCASTER moniker), but I must repeat that SKY do sports much much better. Look at what they have done with football and cricket and darts, totally brought them into the here and now and giving fans what they want.

Red button is all well and good but its basic stuff - its nothing special. <ok>

Postby Skullman

BBC coverage isn't great, but it's a channel everyone with a TV can see.

Plus, like Smart said, they're not a dedicated channel and they shouldn't be basing their entire coverage on what some people want. If you want to see every ball, watch Eurosport.

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:They are the dedicated broadcaster of certain snooker tournaments so it's only right that we expect proper coverage. I mean why go to all that trouble of acquiring the rights only to provide rubbish coverage?

BTW, Eurosport are only marginally better and their coverage is amateurish at best, probably why Smart likes them so much.

eurosport is a dedicated sports channel you stupid pin end........they show massively more than BBC and you dont have to listen to runts like Taylor, Thorne, Virgo to boot. All good. Anyway the sooner Sky get the whole shooting match of snooker coverage the better imo. :clap:

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:BBC coverage isn't great, but it's a channel everyone with a TV can see.

Plus, like Smart said, they're not a dedicated channel and they shouldn't be basing their entire coverage on what some people want. If you want to see every ball, watch Eurosport.

that is beside the point.

they pay for the Rights theres Contracts signed and then they Let Eurosport get all the viewers.

is that really the best way to spend License payers cash?

Postby Witz78

i think 110sport should get the next tv rights contract

after all they did a great job when they had the qualifiers

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:Smart <doh>

What does it matter if the BBC aren't a sports channel? They have the rights for the WC, UK and The Masters, therefore THEY are the dedicated broadcasters of said tournaments.

Whether Sky or Eurosport show more or less sport is neither here nor there.

Smart = runt

how can you call the BBC dedicated broadcasters of snooker when they end coverage to show old war time films or they only show 1 table in a 2 table event - they are everything but dedicated......its time BBC gave up snooker once and for all. Put Thorne, Taylor and Virgo on the dole and let SKY or ES show the lot with Foulds, Hallet, Johnson, SMith at the reigns.

Jewell = runt with no brains <ok>

Postby Wildey

cant you talk nice with each other :kiss:

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:cant you talk nice with each other :kiss:

intercoursing off and leave them fluffy kittens to parakeet and annoyed american the fluffy bunnies out of their cretinous vile oafs

Postby Andy Spark

Recent ITV 4 coverage was more enjoyable than BBC, probably a fraction of the budget too.

Postby peterwatts1

Gotta agree with Andy Spark ITV 4 did the sport proud extensive coverage and it was also good to listen to Neal Foulds ( a very knowledgable person who was greatly under-used by the beeb) talking sense and of course Clive Everton who needs no introduction overall an excellent week's coverage bearing in mind ITV had not covered a ranking event tournament since the 1993 British Open

Postby snooker_loopy

If the BBC could reinstate Freeview 302 for coverage of the second table I doubt anyone would complain. Still, their online coverage is very good - continuous coverage of both tables. I wonder if one day the BBC will remove all coverage of the event from BBC 1 and BBC2 and 301 and just leave it online. Perhaps that will happen.... :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

snooker_loopy wrote:If the BBC could reinstate Freeview 302 for coverage of the second table I doubt anyone would complain. Still, their online coverage is very good - continuous coverage of both tables. I wonder if one day the BBC will remove all coverage of the event from BBC 1 and BBC2 and 301 and just leave it online. Perhaps that will happen.... :chin:

bucking hell, I hope not. I was watching some on the BBC website this weekend, and saw an awful lot of that yellow buffering circle appear.

Postby Lucky

Who in their right mind would sponsor an online only tournament? If that happens then the game is screwed!

Postby GJ

I can see it soon being just bbc 2 and online

no freeview 301 channel though

Postby snooky147

I have a Smart TV, which is a connected TV to the internet via my Virgin Media Tivo box. This box has it's own dedicated 10mb internet line. I get, or am supposed to get continuous coverage of both tables due to a deal done by the BBC and Virgin Media, whereby they would be the first to trial the app coverage online. 70 percent of the time it works. The other 30 percent it stutters and stops and simply disappears. I have been told this is due to the BBC'S software and not a problem of Virgin's. It's supposedly being worked on.

EDIT....Such as now, I got a black screen with a message telling me the content was not available right now. I was told yesterday that this was fixed.....Oh well.