Topic locked

World Championship (Mon 29th of April) Last 16 Discussion !

Postby Wildey

Saturday 20th of April~Monday 6th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Day 10 of 17 at the Crucible and at the end of today the Last 8 will have been decided.

All 4 matches are evenly matched going in to the final sessions; Ali Carter is looking for his first ever win over Ronnie O’Sullivan and what a venue to do it so will today be that day?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Monday 29th of April

1pm

Stuart Bingham 8-8 Mark Davis conclusion
Mark King 7-9 Ding Junhui conclusion

7pm

Ronnie O’Sullivan 9-7 Allister Carter conclusion
Robert Milkins 6-10 Ricky Walden conclusion

Image Image

Re: World Championship (Mon 29th of April) Last 16 Discussio

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:davis is better under severe pressure and will shade it

So good that he's never made a final, while Bingo's made three and won one from 5-8 behind :?

no relevance to the crucible its a different animal to any other event :hatoff:

My gut instinct says davis win if it goes close <ok>

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:lads

do you think walden is a secure fav

wild seems to think its over

Not over by any means, and I was very impressed the way Milkins kept his composure after the MSI..

I agree that 10-6 behind he has all to do tomorrow, but for instance if he starts winning 3 of the first 4 frames, 11-9 and it's game on. That's the only way I think he may have a chance to win.

12-8 and it's game over.

But yeah the winner for me is still Walden, 13-8 I reckon.

Postby GJ

I just get the feeling milkins may pull it off he was 5-2 down to robbo remember and won 8 out of 11 frames to win that match and ricky isnt in robbos class so milkman wont be scared.

In the past at 9-3 down milkman would have crumbled but he seems to have a new steel to him here

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:I just get the feeling milkins may pull it off he was 5-2 down to robbo remember and won 8 out of 11 frames to win that match and ricky isnt in robbos class so milkman wont be scared.

In the past at 9-3 down milkman would have crumbled but he seems to have a new steel to him here

Yeah agree.

Ding too in the past at 6-2 down as he was today would have basically no chance of coming back, but his attitude in recent times has improved a lot and he doesn't allow his head to drop too much. He proved it in the PTC Grand Finals after being 3 nil down to Robbo, against Woolaston in China after 4 nil down and today won the session 7-1 to be leading 9-7.

That's the kind of attitude you need to have to win the Worlds, so this could be Ding's year. Though he can't afford to have a bad session against a top player, Hawkins included, cause they won't give as many chances as King gave him.

Postby vodkadiet

Regarding Trump:

It would be nice to think if and when he gets to being about 85 years old, and he is at home watching snooker and they have a 10 minute piece on him as they talk about the old days of early 21st century snooker players, and they ask a player who won the world title five times in a row in the 2060s what they thought of the piece on Trump, and the player says "No one cares about rubbish players who are probably dead or nearly dead!

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Regarding Trump:

It would be nice to think if and when he gets to being about 85 years old, and he is at home watching snooker and they have a 10 minute piece on him as they talk about the old days of early 21st century snooker players, and they ask a player who won the world title five times in a row in the 2060s what they thought of the piece on Trump, and the player says "No one cares about rubbish players who are probably dead or nearly dead!

Exactly Vodka <ok>

He needs to show some respect for the man himself cause Judd wound't even be playing snooker in the first place if it wasn't for Joe Davis, so he has to respect a true legend of the game who made what we play, watch and love today possible.

Postby Roland

Speaking of which I've sort of (as in I'm going to do it and see how many people follow suit) started a campaign to refer to the Worlds trophy as the Joe Davis trophy. Inspired by Judd, suggested by Hendon, after all Joe Davis is the one who stumped up the cash to buy the trophy in the first place and has his name firmly etched on it from inception until he retired.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Speaking of which I've sort of (as in I'm going to do it and see how many people follow suit) started a campaign to refer to the Worlds trophy as the Joe Davis trophy. Inspired by Judd, suggested by Hendon, after all Joe Davis is the one who stumped up the cash to buy the trophy in the first place and has his name firmly etched on it from inception until he retired.

For me it's absolutely fine and an honour to the man who made this game possible.

<ok> :clap: <ok>

Postby Living Snooker

Heard the one about Neal Foulds punching a Crucible wall? Not to mention his run-ins with Alex Higgins, toilet graffiti and, erm, David Ike.

Then there's Crucible quarter-finalist Barry Hawkins on his tremendous win against Mark Selby and how he did it.

Plus, do the players see the World Championships ever moving to China? If the money is right, some do...

And finally, he may not have made it to the Crucible this year, but David Grace has still got plenty to say about this year's tournament.

This is among just some of the stuff you may have missed on www.livingsnooker.com this weekend