11 John J Astley (ENG) 120
12 Kishan Hirani (WLS) 110
13 Adam Wicheard (ENG) 100
14 Ian Glover (ENG) 100
15 Marc J Davis (SCO) 100
16 Christopher Keogan (ENG) 100

Re: EBSA Qualifying Tour ranking list

Postby Roland

I've been looking for more information on this but can only find rankings prior I think to the Munich PTC although I may be wrong in which case this is the final ranking list:
http://totalclearance.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... nking.html

From the Snooker Island interview with Jason Ferguson there should be an event running in Sheffield on the middle Saturday of the World Championships (the traditional day the defending champion goes out) featuring the top 12 on the list, split into 3 groups of 4 with the winner of each group winning a 2 year tour card. In other words each player is 2 wins away from a tour place. And the winners will be presented to the Crucible crowd.

With James Cahill just winning the EBSA Under 21s that means he vacates one of the places as he has his 2 year tour card in the bag. I believe he was one of the 12 although he is 13 on the list I linked above.

I will be going along to support Ben Harrison as he attempts to realise his dream and get on the main tour. I know he is practicing hard and sees this as his best chance yet of getting on tour. More information would be good because at the moment it is pretty sparse.

Postby Roland

World Snooker have just got back to me with the following:

The final play-off are on April 28 at WS Academy. The 12 players are Patrick Einsle, Gary Wilson, John Astley, Jak Jones, Stuart Carrington, Oliver Lines, Lee Page, Jeff Cundy, Ben Harrison, Christopher Keogan, Elliot Slessor and Ian Glover.

Gary Wilson and John Astley have already qualified for the main tour through the PTC order of merit though so I guess those names will be revised with the next 2 down the list once they sort it out.

Postby roy142857

Sonny wrote:World Snooker have just got back to me with the following:

The final play-off are on April 28 at WS Academy. The 12 players are Patrick Einsle, Gary Wilson, John Astley, Jak Jones, Stuart Carrington, Oliver Lines, Lee Page, Jeff Cundy, Ben Harrison, Christopher Keogan, Elliot Slessor and Ian Glover.

Gary Wilson and John Astley have already qualified for the main tour through the PTC order of merit though so I guess those names will be revised with the next 2 down the list once they sort it out.

The draw is now out and it appears that Wilson and Astley are still down to play. Players drawn into 3 knockout groups of 4 players, with the victor from each getting a tour place. The draw:

Patrick Einsle v Ian Glover
Christopher Keogan v Ben Harrison

Gary Wilson v Oliver Lines
Jak Jones v Elliot Slessor

Jeff Cundy v Stuart Carrington
John Astley v Lee Page

To be played at at the World Snooker Academy in Sheffield on Sunday 28th April, the 3 'finals' will be at 4 pm (pity they can't put them on in the Crucible!).

Wish the matches were longer than best of 7.

4 possibilities with the player line up

- this is correct and Wilson and Astley will simply 'no show'

OR

- World Snooker will eventually get round to replacing them in the draw with the next players on EBSA ranking list who aren't already qualified for the Pro Tour

OR

- one or both of Wilson and Astley will play and if one or both go through from this, the vacated Pro Tour spot will be taken by the next player(s) on the Order of Merit (Michael Wild then Stuart Carrington)

OR

- one or both of Wilson and Astley will play and if one or both go through from this, the vacated Pro Tour spot will be filled in some other way.

Anyone care to guess?

Postby Roland

If either of them win they will probably use it as an excuse to whittle down the number of tour professionals because currently there are going to be more than 128 of them.

Ben has a great chance, and that middle section is the group of death, 4 very good players contesting that one.

Postby Wildey

http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles ... 174,00.pdf

The draw has been updated

Patrick Einsle v Ian Glover
Christopher Keogan v Ben Harrison

John Parkin v Oliver Lines
Jak Jones v Elliot Slessor

Jeff Cundy v Stuart Carrington
Adam Wicheard v Lee Page

John Parkin and Adam Wicheard replacing the already on The Main Tour Gary Wilson and John Astley

Postby Roland

Not looking good for Ben, currently 3-1 down. He was 1-0 up then a big battle on the last 3 colours in frame 2, Keogan gets the black and knocks in a 70 odd in the next. Winner to play German player Patrick Einsle.

Other matches Jak Jones leads Elliot Slessor 3-1 and Oli Lines went down 4-3 to John Parkin.

Postby Wildey

Results

Patrick Einsle4-0 Ian Glover
John Parkin 4-3 Oliver Lines
Jak Jones 4-2 ElLiot Slessor

Latest Scores

Jeff Cundy 0-0 Stuart Carrington
Christopher Keogan 3-2 Ben Harrison

in frame 6 Ben 50-19 up with 59 on

Postby Roland

They were messing around on the blue for ages with Ben 15 ahead. Somehow the longer it went on the more I knew Keogan was going to clear for 4-2.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:They were messing around on the blue for ages with Ben 15 ahead. Somehow the long it went on the more I knew Keogan was going to clear for 4-2.

yea it was painfull

Postby GJ

what age is ben ?

and how high do you lads think he can go in snooker if he makes main tour ?

Postby Roland

He's 20 or 21, can't remember which but he's got the talent like a lot of them have. Ben says he doesn't want to make excuses but he's never had so much bad run in his life as this morning.

Postby Roland

He just elaborated and said in the last frame when he was 15 up and only needed the blue he forced the error and the blue was unmissable over a pocket then the black came across and landed in the jaws blocking it. Gutted!

Postby Wildey

Ben wants it so badly could he be putting too much pressure on himself?

Postby Wildey

Latest Scores

Jeff Cundy 1-1 Stuart Carrington
Adam Wicheard 0-0 Lee Page

Postby Wildey

Latest Scores

Jeff Cundy 2-2 Stuart Carrington
Adam Wicheard 1-1 Lee Page

Postby Wildey

Latest Scores

Jeff Cundy 2-2 Stuart Carrington
Adam Wicheard 2-1 Lee Page

Postby Wildey

Latest Scores

Jeff Cundy 2-3 Stuart Carrington
Adam Wicheard 3-1 Lee Page

Postby Wildey

Results

Jeff Cundy 2-4 Stuart Carrington
Adam Wicheard 4-1 Lee Page

Latest Scores

John Parkin 0-3 Jak Jones
Patrick Einsle 1-1 Christopher Keogan
Stuart Carrington 0-0 Adam Wicheard

Postby Wildey

Jak Jones has regained a place on the main tour with a 4-0 win over John Parkin.

he first had a taste of the Pro Ranks in 2010/2011 season when he finished in 94th place in the Rankings he lost his tour place but now hes back for take 2.

Parkin will go in to Q School trying to join Jones on Tour.