Topic locked

Ebdon v Dott - the rematch

Postby Roland

Not a lot has been mentioned about this match, and with mouth watering ties in round 1 ranging from O'Sullivan v Wenbo, Carter v Cope and Selby v Doherty it's not surprising it's slipped under the radar somewhat, but this could be THE match of round 1.

Both players are desperate for ranking points to aid their chances of being top 16 next season as both are provisionally outside the elite bracket, and as demonstrated in the 2006 final, both players need to be scraped off the table and will fight and grind for every single point.

The match is to be played on Tuesday 20th and Wednesday 21st April with a 7pm start time for both sessions so those of us who work 9am-5pm will be able to watch every ball potted and every safety shot nailed until 3 in the morning! Bring it on, I can't wait! And come on Dotty!

Re: Ebdon v Dott - the rematch

Postby GJ

this is one of the hardest matches to call

I have changed my mind a few times on who i will predict to win this one but i have finally decided who will win this match all will be revealed when i post my predictions

:afro:

Postby GJ

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Not a lot has been mentioned about this match, and with mouth watering ties in round 1 ranging from O'Sullivan v Wenbo, Carter v Cope and Selby v Doherty it's not surprising it's slipped under the radar somewhat, but this could be THE match of round 1.

Both players are desperate for ranking points to aid their chances of being top 16 next season as both are provisionally outside the elite bracket, and as demonstrated in the 2006 final, both players need to be scraped off the table and will fight and grind for every single point.

The match is to be played on Tuesday 20th and Wednesday 21st April with a 7pm start time for both sessions so those of us who work 9am-5pm will be able to watch every ball potted and every safety shot nailed until 3 in the morning! Bring it on, I can't wait! And come on Dotty!

theres some great 1st rounders but for me this match is the one im looking forward to most.

i could start a countdown to this match aswell rofl

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Tough one to call all right.

I think Peter Ebdon will win because as sure as night follows day, he'll be on the practice table as I write this.

He's a different player in the Crucibubble.

Postby gallantrabbit

I would normally plump for Ebdon, but I've got a feeling that he has other things on his mind this year. Ebdon should concentrate on snooker because he's got a great attitude, is prepared to keep himself physically fit and is a class act. I think the goodwill might have passed to Dott and Ebdon will be up against it, but you'd never write Peter off. Ouch this fence is uncomfortable..

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote: able to watch every ball potted and every safety shot nailed until 3 in the morning! Bring it on, I can't wait! And come on Dotty!

This match has the potential to be a long one - and whilst I am really looking forward to the prospect - it may cause a row if I come back real late ........... <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>