No votes
Hawkins
No votes
Other
33%

Total votes : 12

Re: Who has looked the best so far?

Postby Andre147

I do actually think that for me the one that impressed me the most overall is Mark Davis against Higgins, cause he played superbly well, ok didn't score a century as other players have, but you don't have to to see that some of the pots he had and his safety were very good. And also cause Higgins didn't play bad at all, was unlucky a couple of times, and Davis took oppurtunity of almost every chance Higgins gave him, and that's what you have to do against him. And the way he cleared up in that last frame was also quite good.

If I had to pick a player over 1 session, then it would definately be Ding in his first session cause he had 2 tons and played really well there, but then collapsed a bit in today's morning one.

Ronnie too didn't play bad, but his long ones were way off and his safety wasn't that good, leaving the white near the baulk line several times.

So, in order, my top 5 would be something like:

1. Davis
2.Murphy
3.Carter
4.Ronnie
5.White or Walden, can't really decide, though I'm more inclined with Walden.

Postby SnookerFan

I agree about Mark Davis. He is always one of those players who can get a good result on his day. I'm glad to see him finally doing well in tournaments. :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Jewell wrote:Mark Davis is one player that I've never disliked which is surprising because I dislike quite alot of players. I feel pleased for him.

I think I've been impressed with White the most, especially taking into account that he's a debutant. Did not expect him hold himself together as well as he did.

Watching the Michael White match live, he misjudged one of his early shots leaving his opponent on and grimaced at himself. I thought; "Here we go, another Crucible debutant that'll fall apart."

I don't think he played a bad shot the rest of the match. Good to see. I think his match with Dechawat Poomjaeng could be interesting. Neither are big names when compared to some, but I can see The Crucible taking them both to their hearts. It'll be interesting to see which one makes it to the Quarter-Final.

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:So now that we've seen all 32 players in action at some point in this tournament, who is the player that has impressed you the most so far?

Sammy Bairdy :wave:

he has looked most comfortable, in fact he has sat down more than anyone else - he was so comfy in that seat he looked like he really enjoyed sitting down :wave:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Jewell wrote:Mark Davis is one player that I've never disliked which is surprising because I dislike quite alot of players. I feel pleased for him.

I think I've been impressed with White the most, especially taking into account that he's a debutant. Did not expect him hold himself together as well as he did.

Watching the Michael White match live, he misjudged one of his early shots leaving his opponent on and grimaced at himself. I thought; "Here we go, another Crucible debutant that'll fall apart."

I don't think he played a bad shot the rest of the match. Good to see. I think his match with Dechawat Poomjaeng could be interesting. Neither are big names when compared to some, but I can see The Crucible taking them both to their hearts. It'll be interesting to see which one makes it to the Quarter-Final.

Dechawat is a big name, but when you say Dechawat Poomjaeng it become a very big name, almost huge. :clap:

Postby Roland

Carter was good, didn't see Judd but heard he played well. Mark Davis is basically carrying on his recent form and Mikey White and Ricky Walden were also very good but the dark horse has to be Poomjaeng. He was entertaining but that seems to have overshadowed his snooker which was at times exceptional.

Postby The Cueist

Smart wrote:
Jewell wrote:So now that we've seen all 32 players in action at some point in this tournament, who is the player that has impressed you the most so far?

Sammy Bairdy :wave:

he has looked most comfortable, in fact he has sat down more than anyone else - he was so comfy in that seat he looked like he really enjoyed sitting down :wave:

rofl He has a hemmorroid cushion he takes everywhere with him,Did you not see it.

Postby Smart

The Cueist wrote:
Smart wrote:

Sammy Bairdy

rofl He has a hemmorroid cushion he takes everywhere with him,Did you not see it.

They should give Sammy extra water cos he is obviously sitting down more than STU, so he is drinking more. Dont be surprised to see Sammy with a stiff neck today though as it is almost inevitable when you sleep in your car or in a shop doorway. :wave:

Postby Simone

I will catch up this tournament probably from tuesday in terms of watching live coverages..

Interesting to see how Judd´s and Ronnie´s long potting and safety will work. What disillusionies many people who show up and describes themselves as a snookerpeople and fans but lacks the real knowledge and passion for the game is when top players are on a hot streak and form, is the importance and difficulty of those aspects of the game.

When Shaun Murphy won the 2005 World Championships his long potting was incredible all the way.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Ding looked pretty tasty today. I really hope he wins it.

I'd like to see him finally take it.

Hawkins would be a harder match than some would expect though, then who knows what happens in the semis and beyond.

Out of the players left, Ding is the one I'd be most happy if they won. <ok>
Last edited by SnookerFan on 29 Apr 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

SnookerFan wrote:

Bingham would be a harder match than some would expect though, then who knows what happens in the semis and beyond.

What's Bingham got to do with it? Ding would play Hawkins next then White/Milkins/Walden to reach the final

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Bingham would be a harder match than some would expect though, then who knows what happens in the semis and beyond.

What's Bingham got to do with it? Ding would play Hawkins next then White/Milkins/Walden to reach the final

Because Hawkins is who I meant to type. <doh> I really should proof-read.

I'll edit that.