Post a reply

Barry Hearns proposals and the poisoning campaign

Postby Roland

Now I don't know the ins and outs of exactly what is happening but I'm picking up on Chinese whispers that are saying there is a rather effective poisoning campaign going on with the likes of Peter Ebdon, Del Hill and others out to discredit Barry Hearn. The result of this is a number of players being told lies and exaggerated misconceptions about what Hearn's proposals will actually mean for them and the game of snooker, and a number of players are believing these stories and are refusing to even read the document Hearn has sent to them.

It's quite clear what the snooker public think and most of the top players have come out in favour of Hearn, however the thought that some are refusing to even hear what the man has to say is very frustrating and needs to be addressed.

This subject must not be allowed to die! Any effective smearing by those out to oust Hearn will harm snooker more than anyone can imagine. A no vote to the proposals will signal the end of snooker as we know it and the downward slide in terms of sponsorship and tv tournaments will start to take effect. And does anyone seriously think a new board with Ebdon and Hill at the helm will be good for the future?

So your job readers if you choose to do it is to keep this story alive, and look out for the poisoning campaign and if you can, infiltrate it and expose it for what it is. And if you have any information about what is being said to the players to dissuade them from voting for Hearn then let everyone know by posting the information here and on other forums. The same goes for knowledge of any players who are refusing to read the proposals. They need to be named and shamed into action.

Some snooker players try to stay out of politics because they "just want to play" but their long term livelihoods are at stake here and the heads need to be pulled out of the sand before it's too late. Being good at snooker doesn't entitle you to a lifetime of avoiding important decisions, and the most important decision many will have to take is just a month away, and I get the feeling some don't realise the significance of their role safeguarding the future of snooker.

If players read the proposals and still want to vote no that's up to them, but going into a vote blind is what must be avoided, and not voting due to apathy is the worst crime of the lot.

Re: Barry Hearns proposals and the poisoning campaign

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Couldnt agree more. I can already sense a drunken anti-Ebdon protest / outburst from myself in 2 weeks time :john:

oh no <doh> i can just imagine you witz doing this <laugh> dont get in trouble tho

hopefully then itll create a scene and will bring more attention to the vindictive smear campaign

Postby Wildey

im not going to the Crucible but is there a way of getting the Message across there ie on T Shirts or what Ever.

i think the only hope Snooker has is to be united like Sonny said Devided We Fall.

it doesent matter what any of us think of Barry as a person it doesent matter Whats important is Players Stick together on This because like sonny i see Altium all over again happening and it really cant happen this time.

Barry was voted in as chairman like it or lump it And i do not for 1 second like the Involvement of Ebdon on this been there done that and snooker has gone backwards between then and now.

Postby Alex0paul

Del Hill is doing it to protect himself. He is currently head of coaching with the WSA and with the cutting of costs he doesn't want to lose a nice little earner. He also has never struck me as the sharpest tool in the box.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Del Hill is doing it to protect himself. He is currently head of coaching with the WSA and with the cutting of costs he doesn't want to lose a nice little earner. He also has never struck me as the sharpest tool in the box.

that what i dont like Ebdon,Del Hill and Rex Williams has massive agenda behind their coment nobody with a neutral View on things has spoken out against it.

Postby GJ

my :chin: comment was actually because after some consideration i think witz may have a valid point about ebdon :scared:

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote::chin:

i get the feeling you are 1 of thoes confused people Sonny is talking about <laugh>

Yeh GJ are you just doing this for a wind up?

Or do you despise Hearn so much that you cant see the bigger picture like Wild has, take the blinkers off for once<cool>

Surely youve heard enough from so many people now to realise that a YES vote for Hearns plans is the only option now. Or do you want snooker to score a massive own goal and the decline to set in as all out civil war breaks out.

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

i get the feeling you are 1 of thoes confused people Sonny is talking about <laugh>

Or do you despise Hearn so much that you cant see the bigger picture like Wild has, take the blinkers off for once<cool>

Surely youve heard enough from so many people now to realise that a YES vote for Hearns plans is the only option now. Or do you want snooker to score a massive own goal and the decline to set in as all out civil war breaks out.

Wild, must credit you for putting your views on Hearn himself aside for the sake of the game.

I think people have got to realise, this really is last chance saloon for the game. We saw nothing but downhill in terms of prize money, tournaments, sponsorship and above all interest in the game under the rule of Rodney Walker.

I like Peter Ebdon, but does anyone genuinely find him exciting? This man hasn't got the first clue about promotion, so he's the last man you want to have a say in bringing the game forward. Rex Williams is a crusty old man, same applies.

I was a bit young to understand the whole Altium deal, but it was a missed oppurtunity by the sounds of it. Lets hope history doesn't repeat itself, and the old deluded guard don't get their way again.

Postby GJ

thetubberlad wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Wild, must credit you for putting your views on Hearn himself aside for the sake of the game.

I think people have got to realise, this really is last chance saloon for the game. We saw nothing but downhill in terms of prize money, tournaments, sponsorship and above all interest in the game under the rule of Rodney Walker.

I like Peter Ebdon, but does anyone genuinely find him exciting? This man hasn't got the first clue about promotion, so he's the last man you want to have a say in bringing the game forward. Rex Williams is a crusty old man, same applies.

I was a bit young to understand the whole Altium deal, but it was a missed oppurtunity by the sounds of it. Lets hope history doesn't repeat itself, and the old deluded guard don't get their way again.

john higgins was as big a part of saying no to atium as peter

Postby Witz78

thetubberlad wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Exactly, like him or loathe him, we have a straightforward opportunity to put our faith in one of Britains most successful sports promoters to revolutionise the sport and drag it out of a downward spiral, but for some reason, sceptics reckon a snooker future without Hearn involved is better. What clout do the likes of Ebdon, Hill and Williams have to do anything remotely close to what Hearn could in terms of increasing number of tournaments, prize money, attracting sponsors, making the game popular to the average man in the street, expanding it into Europe etc..........................Answer = None of Very Little. Its a no brainer. Clearly in it for their own self interests.

Failure to vote YES for Hearns proposed tour will result in a few more years of decline in the sport which could prove fatal. This really is the last chance saloon.

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

it was a case of better the devil you know and im seing history repeating itself instead of going with it then pick the bones if it dont work but atleast we and the sport would have had the balls to try it.

Sitting back hoping did sod all 10 years ago are the players this stupid to let it happen AGAIN ?