Topic locked

World Championship (Tue 23rd of April) Last 32 Discussion !

Postby Wildey

Saturday 20th of April~Monday 6th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Day 4 and three Big Hitters Ding Junhui, Judd Trump and World no 1 Mark Selby take to the table and can Poomjaeng and Woollaston reach Round 2?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Tuesday 23rd of April

10am

Matthew Stevens v Marco Fu
Ding Junhui v Alan McManus

2.30pm

Judd Trump v Dominic Dale
Stephen Maguire 3-5 Dechawat Poomjaeng conclusion

7pm

Allister Carter 5-4 Ben Woollaston conclusion
Mark Selby v Matthew Selt

Image Image

Re: World Championship (Tue 23rd of April) Last 32 Discussio

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:2 of the favourites out!

Looks like we are down to only 5 major contenders: Robertson, Selby, O'Sullivan, Trump and Ding

PIGGINS AND ALLEN WERE OUTISIDERS AT BEST <ok>

:parrot: <laugh>

Postby vodkadiet

Trivia:

The qualifiers for the 1993 World Championships finished in September 1992.

The Norbreck Castle was a great venue.

Danny Fowler had 7 months contemplating a match with Hendry in the first round and got whitewashed 9-0 in the first session.

Postby SnookerFan

Back to work today. :grrr:

Wouldn't mind seeing Fu and Stevens today either, and I'm going back the day Ding starts too. :grrr:

I was enjoying the Ali vs Ben match last night though. I'll watch the end of that today. :D It'll mean missing the end of the highly anticipated Selby vs Selty first session though.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:Franklin

your prediction for fu match ?

Tough one to call that, aint it?

I'll go with a narrow Fu win. Just because I believe it will be close, and it's Stevens. He likes to bottle close matches.

I think fu will win revenge for last year

Postby GJ

Matthew Selt, who makes his Crucible debut on Tuesday against world number one Mark Selby, has accused Trump of making "barbaric" comments about Neil Robertson.

:parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

"And obviously Judd's a fantastic player but he said something ridiculous when he lost to Neil at the Masters last year

:parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

"He said that Neil's done very well out of the game for his talent, and that's absolutely barbaric because in my opinion he's never going to be as good as Neil.

"Obviously I just thought that was a bit strange and I sent him a message saying, 'Look Judd, you're not like that, you shouldn't be saying stuff like that, that isn't you'.

"He didn't get back to me.

:wave: :wave:

And it's weird when your mates (change). I've known Neil Robertson since he was nothing really, and you see people like that who doesn't change one bit, and people like John Higgins, Joe Perry and Mark Williams are the same people now as they were when they were just getting on the tour.

Judd on the other hand has an out of control ego.

:parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Postby GJ

THE FINAL QUOTE

“I’m not going to lose any sleep over it. I’ve moved on from having Judd as my friend to having Stephen Hendry

:parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>