Topic locked

World Championship (Sun 21st of April) Last 32 Discussion !

Postby Wildey

Saturday 20th of April~Monday 6th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Day 2 and a repeat of the 2006 World Final kicks things off; Graeme Dott v Peter Ebdon and starting out on his quest for title 5 will be John Higgins and we'll get to see if the young guns Lisowski and White can beat their experienced opponents.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Sunday 21st of April

10am

Graeme Dott v Peter Ebdon
Ricky Walden 8-1 Michael Holt conclusion

2.30pm

John Higgins v Mark Davis
Mark Williams 4-5 Michael White conclusion

7pm

Shaun Murphy 5-4 Martin Gould conclusion
Barry Hawkins 6-3 Jack Lisowski conclusion

Image Image

Re: World Championship (Sun 21st of April) Last 32 Discussio

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Could be quite a funny morning, Walden v Holt might not last long, the board goes up and there is nobody watching from the other side, they all think forget this, bugger off around Sheffield for three hours downing beers.

Quite a few of us from here going tomorrow including myself, this will be my 5th year now, 5 years ago the first match I saw involved Higgins, 5 years later I am seeing him again. Hopefully Davis turns up, his performance was one of the stand outs of the qualifying round.

Postby Smart

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Could be quite a funny morning, Walden v Holt might not last long, the board goes up and there is nobody watching from the other side, they all think forget this, bugger off around Sheffield for three hours downing beers.

Quite a few of us from here going tomorrow including myself, this will be my 5th year now, 5 years ago the first match I saw involved Higgins, 5 years later I am seeing him again. Hopefully Davis turns up, his performance was one of the stand outs of the qualifying round.

could not wish to see anyone less than Piggins, vile player to watch, completely vile, enjoy your day <ok>

Postby GJ

nice_shoes_ken wrote:
GJ wrote:have to say im more interested in ebo v dotty than piggins match it will be boring

<laugh> so will Ebbo and Plaster Dott.

What if Dott turns up like he did last year, and struggles to make a break of 30?

dotty owns ebo :D :D :D :D :D

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:have to say im more interested in ebo v dotty than piggins match it will be boring

yup i think Dott v Ebdon will be the Match of tomorrow.....

it will be hard graft and judging by some of Dotts recent performances where hes given up im looking for much better from him tomorrow.

Postby Witz78

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Could be quite a funny morning, Walden v Holt might not last long, the board goes up and there is nobody watching from the other side, they all think forget this, bugger off around Sheffield for three hours downing beers.

so youve missed a year in the last 5 years ?? :shrug:

Postby Smart

nice_shoes_ken wrote:
Smart wrote:could not wish to see anyone less than Piggins, vile player to watch, completely vile, enjoy your day <ok>

Not the player I really wanted to see, but could of turn out much worse, especially if he drew Ebdon or McManus.

ask for yer money back........ <ok>

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:

yup i think Dott v Ebdon will be the Match of tomorrow.....

it will be hard graft and judging by some of Dotts recent performances where hes given up im looking for much better from him tomorrow.

Ive good vibes that THE FORCE is going to make a big impact this year, starting with revenge on Dott for easily beating him in round 1 3 years ago

Postby Witz78

nice_shoes_ken wrote:

<laugh> so will Ebbo and Plaster Dott.

What if Dott turns up like he did last year, and struggles to make a break of 30?

sounds like the same Dott who Jono got lucky to face in the final 3 years ago <ok>

Postby Wildey

Sunday 21st of April

10am

Graeme Dott v Peter Ebdon
Ricky Walden 8-1 Michael Holt conclusion

2.30pm

John Higgins v Mark Davis
Mark Williams 4-5 Michael White conclusion

7pm

Shaun Murphy 5-4 Martin Gould conclusion
Barry Hawkins 6-3 Jack Lisowski conclusion

Postby Wildey

Lucky wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/22236837

Pretty damning appraisal of the state of snooker really.

and a load of bullocks snooker is not reliant on Ronnie if Hendry made a comeback after a period out in the 1990 people will want to see it and interested in it same with Selby, Ding etc today its just human nature.

if Ronnie decides ive had enough im going to be a full time farmer snooker will be fine sports fans are fickle to say the least even a extrem Ronnie fan like jewell didn't shut up on subject snooker all the time he was out although it would be better if he did.