7%
Runner-up
No votes
Winner
21%

Total votes : 14

Re: How far will Ronnie go?

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:With the last 16 seedings more or less in place now, how do you think Ronnie will go after his long break?

Smart would like to give you an answer to this question when the qualifiers have finished and when the draw is known. Smart will be happy to get back to you on this matter accordingly when the aforementioned have been completed. :wave:

Smart <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
Jewell wrote:With the last 16 seedings more or less in place now, how do you think Ronnie will go after his long break?

Smart would like to give you an answer to this question when the qualifiers have finished and when the draw is known. Smart will be happy to get back to you on this matter accordingly when the aforementioned have been completed. :wave:

Smart <cool>

:gag:

Postby SnookerFan

Didn't Wild promise to run naked through the streets if Ronnie got to the semis?

Let's hope he doesn't honour it.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:Didn't Wild promise to run naked through the streets if Ronnie got to the semis?

You should also run naked through the streets of Sheffield. Arm in arm, you will make an excellent team.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Didn't Wild promise to run naked through the streets if Ronnie got to the semis?

You should also run naked through the streets of Sheffield. Arm in arm, you will make an excellent team.

:bird:

Postby Casey

The draw couldn’t have panned out any better for Ronnie. I have no doubt he will beat Campbell in round 1....10 – 5/6

Round 2 is the perfect match for him! Carter will give him a tough match play test and Ronnie will have to work hard for opportunities (which what he needs) but Carter won’t score heavy enough to win. 13 – 7/8 Ronnie.

Higgins up in the QF, John has struggled and I think he looks tired. Ronnie normally struggles against John in ranking matches, but being the fresher of the two I think he will take him this time. Ronnie 13 – 9.

Then likely Trump in the SF’s and it’s hard to predict how that will go before a ball is hit, but overall I expect Ronnie to reach at least the SF.

Postby Muppet147

Normally I would expect Higgins to beat Ronnie in the quarters, but he has been in wretched form and isn't even assured of getting that far in the competition.

The Trump semi-final, if it transpires, could be a classic - recalling such great semis as Jimmy White - Kirk Stevens and Trump - Ding Junhui.

Postby GJ

2 things about higgins

1. he always has a bad worlds then a good worlds clear pattern

2. his form before the good worlds was no better than this year and he hit form in shnghai out of no where

beware of the haggis man

Postby Casey

GJ wrote:2 things about higgins

2. his form before the good worlds was no better than this year and he hit form in shnghai out of no where

beware of the haggis man

That's true, he could play himself into form.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:Normally I would expect Higgins to beat Ronnie in the quarters, but he has been in wretched form and isn't even assured of getting that far in the competition.

The Trump semi-final, if it transpires, could be a classic - recalling such great semis as Jimmy White - Kirk Stevens and Trump - Ding Junhui.

I'm not even convinced Higgins will get to the quarters. Since Shanghai, his season has been pretty mediocre.

Postby GJ

with the 2 fountain's of knowledge franky and muppet CDL writing higgins off

good signs for mr haggis

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:2 things about higgins

beware of the haggis man

Yeah, these are fair points.

I don't see him having a good run, but I don't write him off either.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

You don't really know how Ronnie will turn up, if he seems to be playing well like last year he could win it, if the lack of competitive Snooker shows in his game I can't see him going far.

The top half though could really be anyone's, Carter has had success in the past, Bingham is one of the most improved players on tour, Higgins is off form, Murphy has had better seasons, Dott is always a threat, but hasn't been playing great, Stevens did well last year, but I'm sure Fu will test him more this year, while Judd is off form as well.

I can really see a qualifier coming through the top half, into the Quarters or Semis.

Postby GJ

KENNY

my tip to shock is sam baird

quick scorer and his tempermanet has improbed and beating mcleod in a tight match shows hes on the rise and he has good nerve.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

GJ wrote:KENNY

my tip to shock is sam baird

quick scorer and his tempermanet has improbed and beating mcleod in a tight match shows hes on the rise and he has good nerve.

Tbh with you I agree, I just have a funny feeling Sam Baird will do well.

His performance against Perry to qualify, going by his scoring was one of the more impressive displays of the final qualifying round, probably along with Mark Davis and Jack Lisowski.

But Baird faces Bingham, and they way Bingham has improved over recent seasons, I think it's only a matter of time that he goes far in the World Championships, he has never got past the second round.

If Judd or Murphy find better form, they will be the dangers, if they don't, I really can see a qualifier coming through and doing well.