Post a reply

Re: Betfair World Championship Qualifying Rnd 4 (13-14th Apr

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
nice_shoes_ken wrote:The Force, forces his way over the line, good comeback from Ebdon in all fairness.

Maybe another first round clash against Ronnie awaits.

:? I wouldn't like that at all.

Would you prefer Ronnie like last year? <laugh> :evilgrin:

EDIT: Sory disnt read the other post.

Postby Wildey

Sunday 14th of April

7pm

Mark King 10-9 Yu DeLu
Marcus Campbell 10-4 Liam Highfield
Joe Perry 3-10 Sam Baird
Dominic Dale 10-5 Alfie Burden
Peter Ebdon 10-8 Kurt Maflin
Robert Milkins 10-5 Jimmy White

Qualifiers

Dechawat Poomjaeng (debut)
Jack Lisowski (debut)
Michael White (debut)
Marco Fu (13th appearance)
Michael Holt (6th appearance)
Ben Woollaston (debut)
Alan McManus (17th appearance)
Mark Davis (8th appearance)
Matthew Selt (debut)
Sam Baird (debut)
Marcus Campbell (4th appearance)
Dominic Dale (8th appearance)
Robert Milkins (5th appearance)
Martin Gould (5th appearance)
Peter Ebdon (22nd appearance)
Mark King (14th appearance)

Postby gallantrabbit

Glad to see Gouldy, King and Holt through. Liwoski and White too. I saw some of Jimmy`s first session and he just couldn`t score. Milkins was so relaxed it was untrue. Also Glad to see Ebbo through, though he`ll have to be luccky in the draw to get much further. Ditto Mcmanus as he`s aactually been scoring ok. You have to score these days to take the pressure off. Jimmy must have won 3 or 4 frames all week at one visit...Looking forward to draw tomorrow. :clap:

Postby Andre147

gallantrabbit wrote:although he`s actually been scoring ok...

Nah he didn't score that well in this qualifiers, and had his 2 chinese opponents played a little bit bettter, especially Pengfei, he would have lost there. Of course he didn't and fair play to him to have reached the last stage, but Milkins was just a step too far and was ahead in all departments.

Nevermind though, we have some very exciting talents and newcomes to the Crucible this year, like Lisoswki, White, Baird, Woolaston, Selt, Poomjaeng (impressive from the man from Thailand, emulating Wattana as another Thailand player to make it through) and obviously Gouldy who isnt a newcomer and knows all about it there. The draw is fantastic, with some old names also making the Crucible, like King, Ebdon (impressive 22nd sucessive appearance), M.Davis and Fu of course who is also very much welcome.

All is shapping up to, on paper at least, be one of the best Worlds ever, and can't wait to see tomorrow who is drawn against whom.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
nice_shoes_ken wrote:The Force, forces his way over the line, good comeback from Ebdon in all fairness.

Maybe another first round clash against Ronnie awaits.

:? I wouldn't like that at all.

I thik Ronnie would win that fairly easily.