Post a reply

Ronnie threw the match.

Postby quagmire

中国小将张安达 2∶2时就催我收拾行李

中国小将张安达常年在英国训练比赛,据张安达透露,此前奥沙利文从英国来中国时就与他同行。4月1日, 张安达说自己会在4月2日返回英国,“我4月2号跟奥沙利文一块儿走。我和他这次行程一样,机票都是提前订 好的,本来‘火箭’准备跟我一起订1号的机票,后来因为飞机没有座位,所以他就跟我一起订了明 天的票。”

随后,张安达还透露了一个更重要的细节,“奥沙利文跟大飞(田鹏飞)打到2∶2平的时候出来碰见我,因 为当时他还不知道1号飞机已经满座,还叫我赶紧去收拾行李准备跟他一块回英国。”

显然,“火箭”在比赛打成2∶2平时,就已经想着输球回家了。

This is the excerpt from Sina.com in Chinese. It includes direct interview quotes from Zhang Anda, with relevant bits translated, as follows:

According to Zhang Anda, O'Sullivan came to China on the same flight as him. On Apr 1, Zhang Anda revealed that he would be going back to England on Apr 2, " I was scheduled to leave on Apr 2 together with O'Sullivan. He had the same flight schedule as me, it was booked in advance. Originally, we were trying to book Apr 1 but all the flights were full on that day, so we booked Apr 2 together."

Thereafter, Zhang Anda revealed an important detail "When O'Sullivan was tied with Da Fei (Tian Pengfei's nickname) at 2:2, he bumped into me (during the intermission), he told me to hurry up and pack my bags and head back to England with him. Apparently, at that time, he still didn't know (i assume he means "forgot") that the flight on Apr 1 was full."

So according to Sina, based on this interview, it indicates that O'Sullivan was already thinking of losing the match and heading home when the score was 2:2.

Re: Ronnie threw the match.

Postby Witz78

At least he made the effort to head over to China and satisfy media / press commitments then gave the crowd a few exhibition shots in the match against Pengfei to keep the crowd happy. <ok>

Everyones a winner! Would have been worse if hed not bothered flying out to China citing some "illness" as a reason.

Postby Roland

I'm sure if that's the case there will be an investigation. And I'm sure Zhang will no longer be Ronnie's friend!

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:I'm sure if that's the case there will be an investigation. And I'm sure Zhang will no longer be Ronnie's friend!

The 2 are great friends i believe, Zhang is one of the pros at the same club as Ronnie in Romford.

Postby Roland

But it sounds like he's stitched him up good and proper!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:But it sounds like he's stitched him up good and proper!

jesus christ can you imagine the media frensy surrounding Zhang in sheffield now the added pressure he will be under because he stitched up Ronnie rofl

BRILLIANT AINT IT if i was confident Hendry would send him packing before then its gone up 1000000% <ok>

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:At least he made the effort to head over to China and satisfy media / press commitments then gave the crowd a few exhibition shots in the match against Pengfei to keep the crowd happy. <ok>

Everyones a winner! Would have been worse if hed not bothered flying out to China citing some "illness" as a reason.

I didn't think you were a fan of players throwing matches?

Typical Ronnie tbh. I wonder how much the sponsors spent on him :redneck:

Postby Casey

Also if this article is 100% correct and world snooker really want to follow this through to the end then the only course of action would be a ban for Mr O’Sullivan

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wc wrote:Also if this article is 100% correct and world snooker really want to follow this through to the end then the only course of action would be a ban for Mr O’Sullivan

:sad:

Postby Casey

rocket_ron wrote:
case_master wc wrote:Also if this article is 100% correct and world snooker really want to follow this through to the end then the only course of action would be a ban for Mr O’Sullivan

That’s why I don’t think they will follow it through because if they did there would be no choice but to ban him. Only in snooker would this be swept under the carpet

Postby Wildey

if this story is true then they have no alternative but to ban him.

you cant have this sort of thing happening in snooker it leaves a sour taste in the mouth .

i disagree witz snooker gained nothing but another scandal they could have done without by Ronnie getting on a plane.....

id prefere players if they there to try and win or stay home twiddling themselfes off to videos of Snooker loopy.

if this is true i must add but im thinking to myself if Zhang said it and hes been quoted as saying it what was there for him to gain from lying ? i cant think of nothing.

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

That’s why I don’t think they will follow it through because if they did there would be no choice but to ban him. Only in snooker would this be swept under the carpet

it will not get swept under the carpet it cant be or the sport will be ridiculed and sponsors wont want to get their brand involved with snooker.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

it will not get swept under the carpet it cant be or the sport will be ridiculed and sponsors wont want to get their brand involved with snooker.

I doubt this story is true, cant see ronnie as a role modle to young oned doing this

Postby Roland

I guess it could also be read as a lack of confidence which will probably be the defence. I've heard of sportsmen many times not taking enough clothes and booking flights home early because they think they're going to lose. Nothing can be proved so he'll get away with it.

Postby Wildey

whatever it is the sport has to investigate it otherwise we are in deep rubbish.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I guess it could also be read as a lack of confidence which will probably be the defence. I've heard of sportsmen many times not taking enough clothes and booking flights home early because they think they're going to lose. Nothing can be proved so he'll get away with it.

many sportsman yes but a Great sportsman playing a wild card not on the tour ???????????

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:whatever it is the sport has to investigate it otherwise we are in deep poo.

yes agreed there wild it needs to be united front, it cant be one rule for onne and another rule for everyone else.

so yes there should be an investigation but hopefully ronnie isn't gulty

if he is guilty then im sorry but robbo will be my number 1

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:yes agreed there wild it needs to be united front, it cant be one rule for onne and another rule for everyone else.

so yes there should be an investigation but hopefully ronnie isn't gulty

if he is guilty then im sorry but robbo will be my number 1

as sonny said proving it is another matter and im sceptical of why was it braught up with Zhang at all.

Postby quagmire

I wonder if world snooker will ban Ronnie now? He could deny that the lad said that but what reason would there be for the lad to lie about that?

Postby Bourne

No, because there's no evidence whatsoever that he threw it. Nice effore with the conspiracy theory mind <ok>

Postby GJ

<ok>

Postby Roland

If Sir Rodders was in charge the ban would probably end up being for the Shanghai and next years China Open :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:If Sir Rodders was in charge the ban would probably end up being for the Shanghai and next years China Open :redneck:

rofl rofl

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:No, because there's no evidence whatsoever that he threw it. Nice effore with the conspiracy theory mind <ok>

I think its a bit more than a conspiracy, the only thing likely to come out of this is Zhang being told to keep it shut in future.

Postby GJ

some one got frames article on this moderated on 606

anyway i have emailed world snooker full details of what zhang has said so we will see if they have the bottle to investigate this

Postby Casey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:some one got frames article on this moderated on 606

anyway i have emailed world snooker full details of what zhang has said so we will see if they have the bottle to investigate this

Fair play to you for sending the email, but Hearn is as dodgy as previous regimes so I have no doubt it will be swept under the carpet.

Postby Wildey

rofl rofl rofl

you crack me up lol

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:

rofl rofl rofl

you crack me up lol

i am being serious im awaiting their response to my eamil

:afro: