Topic locked

Betfair World Championship Qualifying Rnd 3 (10-11th April)

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 10th~Thursday 11th of April at English Institute of Sport, Sheffield

Round 3 and 6 times World Champion Steve Davis enters the competition trying to play at the Crucible for the 31st time having first played there in 1979.

Also in this round exciting young Jack Lisowski will be starting out trying to reach the Crucible for the first time.

Jamie Jones who reached the Quarter finals last year at the Crucible will be trying to get back there after a poor season.

And Crucible Veterans still going strong are James Wattana, Tony Drago, Alan McManus, Nigel Bond, Joe Swail, Dave Harold and Jimmy White.

Wednesday 10th of April

10am

Ben Woollaston v Thepchaya Un-Nooh
Michael White v Zhang Anda
Matthew Selt v Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Jack Lisowski v James Wattana
Steve Davis v Kurt Maflin
Xiao Guodong v Jimmy White

2.30pm

David Gilbert v Tony Drago
Nigel Bond v Alan McManus
Anthony McGill v Rod Lawler
Liang Wenbo v Jimmy Robertson

7pm

Ben Woollaston v Thepchaya Un-Nooh
Michael White v Zhang Anda
Matthew Selt v Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Jack Lisowski v James Wattana

Thursday 11th of April

10am

Anthony Hamilton v Dechawat Poomjaeng
Mark Joyce v Joe Swail
Jamie Burnett v Yu DeLu
Jamie Jones v Liam Highfield
Rory McLeod v Sam Baird
Dave Harold v Alfie Burden

2.30pm

David Gilbert v Tony Drago
Nigel Bond v Alan McManus
Anthony McGill v Rod Lawler
Liang Wenbo v Jimmy Robertson

7pm

Anthony Hamilton v Dechawat Poomjaeng
Mark Joyce v Joe Swail
Jamie Burnett v Yu DeLu
Jamie Jones v Liam Highfield
Rory McLeod v Sam Baird
Dave Harold v Alfie Burden

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Betfair World Championship Qualifying Rnd 3 (10-11th Apr

Postby Roland

I'm there after work tomorrow and all day Thursday. Yet another round where it'll be hard to choose. Woollaston v Un-Nooh, Kurt v Davis and Jimmy v Xiao are the top 3 but the others are all interesting too

Postby Andre147

Do we know which matches will be televised? Some hard choices I think, particularly in the morning session of course.

I'd like Guodong v White and Lisowski v Wattana to be televised, but Davis and Maflin or even Woolaston v Un-Nooh would be good.

Postby Roland

It's one of those sessions where any of the matches would make a good streamed match and there will be ones you want to see which aren't streamed. I'll be on Twitter as @snookerisland so if you want to know how any of them are going then ask me on twitter or @prosnookerblog as well.

Postby Wildey

on Bet 365 they got 3 of tomorrows Streamed Matches up

10am and 7pm

2.30pm

Liang Wenbo v Jimmy Robertson.

my guess for the other Afternoon match is Gilbert v Drago but could be Bond v McManus

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Wenbo v Robbo could be a classic. And at least Jimmy and Davis are playing players who deserve to be seen.

Yes think so too, I reckon it'll be a quick and open match. Other crackers in this round are Woolaston and Un-Nooh, the latter that by all acounts has been playing well and will prove a difficult opponent for sure for Ben, Lisowski and Wattana another good match, as well as Gilbert and Drago I think cause Tony has found some form and is playing well and may also prove a challenge for Gilbert if he can maintain his form. But as we all know he could very well struggle to pot a ball tomorrow as his form is very inconsistent.

All in all,good matches we have in store for us.

Postby Smart

Andre147 wrote:
Sonny wrote:Wenbo v Robbo could be a classic. And at least Jimmy and Davis are playing players who deserve to be seen.

Yes think so too, I reckon it'll be a quick and open match. Other crackers in this round are Woolaston and Un-Nooh, the latter that by all acounts has been playing well and will prove a difficult opponent for sure for Ben, Lisowski and Wattana another good match, as well as Gilbert and Drago I think cause Tony has found some form and is playing well and may also prove a challenge for Gilbert if he can maintain his form. But as we all know he could very well struggle to pot a ball tomorrow as his form is very inconsistent.

All in all,good matches we have in store for us.

Wenbo will drag it down, thats what he does. He is not fluent, he stalks the table a thousand times and is the most frustrating irritating horrible player on the circuit (virtually). <ok>