Topic locked

Re: Betfair World Championship Qualifying Round 1 (6-8th Apr

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Simon Bedford 4-0 up. Wasn't expecting that.

Well he is playing Highfield hes hardly a exceptional player with results to match.

4-0 either way wouldn't be unexpected.

Postby Dannyboy

Just watching Joe Swail, clearly a quality player in decent nick - will be good to have him back on tour next season.

This is his 4th match already isn't it? What's the furthest one of these "members" have gone in a World Championship? Have any of them actually qualified before?

Postby Wildey

Dannyboy wrote:Just watching Joe Swail, clearly a quality player in decent nick - will be good to have him back on tour next season.

This is his 4th match already isn't it? What's the furthest one of these "members" have gone in a World Championship? Have any of them actually qualified before?

Justin Astley last year beat

Less Dodd 5-0
Del Smith 5-2
Sam Craigie 10-9
Tony Drago 10-7

to reach the Last 64 before he lost 10-3 to Liang Wenbo.

Postby kolompar

Sonny wrote:
kolompar wrote:Worldsnooker.com said there would be three-camera coverage of the qualifiers
what does it mean?
I only found 2 tables streamed, is there a third? would be good if Thepchaiya or Thanawat was streamed
or it means 3 cameras/table? or there will be a third streamed table later? or is it a special phrase that I dont understand? :-D

The set up is:

Table 1|Table 2|Table 3 (streamed)|Table 4 (streamed)|Table 5|Table 6

Tables 1 and 6 are the ones not used in the middle session which frees them up as spares if required. The single rig over the non-streamed tables hold a single light parallel to the table, the double rigs on the streamed table hold 2 lights with slight gap in between and they are slightly angled like / \ and in the middle of the beams at the end is the static camera with one above each streamed table. The camera is looking down the line between the lights that on the other tables would be blocked by the light. Each streamed table has a manned floor camera.

I heard the one about 3 cameras per table too but I didn't spot where the other was. Then again I wasn't looking out for it but I will do tomorrow.

As a spectator you can see 3 tables from the back and 2 from the front. I try to sit close to the middle of tables 2 or 5 for the 6 table sessions and behind one of the streamed tables for the 4 match sessions. Tonight when the last 2 matches were Craig Steadman and David Grace on table 1 and Jamie O'Neill and TT on table 5 so I used the walkway at the back to keep an eye on both matches. It's a brilliant set up for spectators and one I hope is used in whatever venue is used for future qualifying events.

Thank you Sonny and thanks Stevejj too
and I saw Eric Cao's twitter rofl hes a bit :limp: <laugh>